[Review] Meek is Murder - Algorithms

• [Review] Meek is Murder - Algorithms

Meek Is Murder - Algorithms

I've grown pretty tired of Converge with the passing few years. They just failed to impress me with most of the things they've put out lately. I found most of their new stuff very repetitive, even though people said, that Axe to Fall was somewhat different. I wasn't really able to make that out all too much and, just like most of their later stuff, it had zero replay value to me.

Now there are quite a few bands out there, which are more or less ripping them off and some are doing that in a very good way and with their own edge to it. I can only recommend Robotosaurus' last full length Manhater for example. To me it is so much more furious and simply better, than anything Converge have put out in a long time, while definitely being very inspired by them.

The same goes for Meek Is Murder's new full length. Yes, it's kind of a rip-off, but it's done so well. It's highly energetic, crushing, raging and even somewhat catchy at the same time. And it has an actual replay value, that lasts for a while. So it doesn't matter, if you still like Converge or not, Algorithms is one of a few good alternatives out there.

• I'm listening to Meek is Murder right now, and I know what you mean, although the new Converge CD is amazing too. Meek is murder has so much energy on this album that I really can't get enough of it. I love this chaotic sound they have on this album and if I had to choose one song which I really like more than the other, I simply couldn't make a choice.

• supostat sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2012, 21:42
    @40belowsummer: couldn't agree more! As much as I love Converge, I think Meek is Murder have outperformed them in their own game.

• KMFCM sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 okt 2012, 03:15
    Meek Is Murder have an opportunity to take Converge's spot, in my opinion, because that new Converge record is crap. That's two crap records in a row.

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.