[Review] Imbroglio - Sleep Deprivation

• KMFCM sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 sep 2011, 17:50

[Review] Imbroglio - Sleep Deprivation

These guys are pretty much a go-to band for the harsh. They specialize in busting some ass.

The first album had some death metal going on, but there's none of that here. Definitely not as chaotic as the Oncoming Swarm was at all, but I think the songs actually are better.
    "dead rain" has one of the most crushing endings on the record, and "mudhorse" has the best ending on the record. It's the kind of thing you turn way way way way up, so you're all ready to beat the living shit out of whoever comes and knocks on the door telling you to turn it down.
    The big flaw though, is the production. I have yet to see this band live, and I think if I'd have seen them live and then bought this CD I'd be writing "this CD's sound doesn't do justice to the bands live sound". I don't know what thier line-up situation was, but i was under the impression they never lost a drummer. . . .so why do the drums sound like they were done in FLStudio?
    It wouldn't be a problem for me, if this band was one guy. . . .but it's not.
    It's pretty much a given that this band CRUSH live, so if you like this album break your ass to see this band. You'll understand what I mean then. The album still hits pretty hard, just not hard enough for a 10 rating (which i damn well would have given, god dammit).
    7/10

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.