Discogs tagging

• e64 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 nov 2005, 03:10

Discogs tagging

Check out these two programs for tagging your mp3's from the discogs database:

A tagger that integrates directly into the shell:

http://www.adrianboeing.com/asmthelp.html

And a tagger that operates on a related batch at a time (ie: artist or label):

http://www.adrianboeing.com/mp3organizerhelp.html

Please let me know if you have any feedback!

• JE-5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2005, 11:23
    That sounds pretty cool, the amount of times i've had to re-tag MP3's because they are all wrong and use the info from Discogs! I'll let you know how I get on with it, my music folder is in a right mess at the minute anyhow so this will come in very handy I reckon.

• JE-5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2005, 23:59
    Tried this earlier but it kept throwing an error message back, am I right in assuming this is because the discogs search function is not working at the moment?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 nov 2005, 17:18
    doesn't work 4 me either

edit: working now
    but i like TigoTago better (also uses discogs database)

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 18 jan 2006, 13:53
    • fred-mc sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2006, 03:34

• e64 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2006, 17:55
    thanks for the comments, yeah the program stops working when the discogs system is down.

tigotago is a great prod for renaming an album or two, and i used that before i wrote my own tool. I wanted my own for batch use, and also shell integration so its easier to sort your incomming ep's.

a mac version is unlikely, the only mac i own is a mac II, sorry.

• Användare
    • 20 jul 2006, 13:58
    Hey e64, this is an excellent program. I also tag all my mp3s according to discogs and I'm also a programmer. I was getting bored of having to refer to discogs manually and use tag & rename (as excellent as that application is), so I wrote my own program to automatically tag things for me.

However I haven't done much in the way of web based programming, so all my program does is parses a release HTML page saved as a text file, which means that I still have to use a browser to navigate to the release, then manually save it as a text file. I notice that you don't have the source code on your site, so I would *really* appreciate it if you wouldn't mind dropping me an email and discussing how you can programmatically search the discogs site.

Also, just to critique your program a little, I think that for it to appeal to people who are obsessive about tagging and like all their stuff tagged in a very particular way (like me), you could offer some sort of interface to setup exactly how the program tags something, like the various masks in tag & rename. (http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm - You can download it from here if you've never used it and check out what I'm talking about.) Currently users are bound by the way that you have written it to tag and rename files. To give a particular example of this, you don't put any information in the comments field, whereas I like to put it the record label and catalogue number of the release, and another person may like to put in different information. This means that after using your program I'd still have to manually append all the other information that I like to see on my tags.

Hope you don't take offense to that, as I'm definitely only offering up suggestions rather than criticising :).

If you could drop me an email about the programming stuff (as I'm sure nobody else on last.fm wants to be party to a boring technical discussion about programming :)), it's chris.oneil@emis-uk.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

On another note, JE-5, thanks for starting this group, discogs is the best resource on the planet for music obsessives, and you also have a very cool profile. I checked out Front Line Assembly based on your profile and have been listening to (and loving) their first LP all week. Do you use soulseek? You look like you probably have a lot of great music shared.

• stak sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jul 2006, 00:40
    that stuff rules! if i've ever had the time to retag all my files...

• Användare
    • 29 jul 2006, 12:36
    e64, it's cool, I managed to figure out how it's done for myself, no need to email me :).

Thanks again.

• Is there also something like that for Mac? I hate tagging it manually ;)

• Senax79 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2009, 18:52

foobar component

There is also a component for foobar2000:
    HA-Forum link

• biotronx sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2009, 22:17
    download links dont work,anybody still have these apps?and can upload to somewhere?

I tried another app for discogs tagging but it sucked

• Användare
    • 30 mar 2009, 09:49
    quit using iTunes, switch to foobar and use foo_discogs i say. perfect tagging tool

• I use for discogs tagging the foobar2000 player and discogs tagging plugin ;) It is pretty easy and cool B-)

• MusicBrainz Picard is still better and more accurate. foo_discogs for any releases no tin the MB database.

• uchuuray sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 sep 2010, 19:54
    Thanks for this plug! Insanely useful.

• foo_discogs rules the universe

Mumbly !!
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.