Christian Rap

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 mar 2008, 04:36

Christian Rap

Any of you guys out there like boys like Lecrae or Trip Lee? A friend of mine got me into them about a year ago. Lecrae has got some Piper in a lot of his songs. He actually quotes Let the Nations Be Glad on After The Music Stops ("Missions exists because worship doesn't").

I'm trying to find some good rap out there. I've found The Tunnel Rats and Mars Ill. They're really good underground Christian rap.

Any others?

• I just came across Trip Lee and LaCrae today for the first time and I've been JAMMING to "Jesus Muzik" ALL DAY! It's a great alternative to the crazy rap that's out there today and a great way for me to give praise with tunes that I actually love.

• Användare
    • 7 mar 2008, 00:47

Sweet!

Yeah, those boys are great. You should check out the rest of the 116 Clique. There's a lot of good stuff there. Their songs are pure gospel, it's so refreshing to hear people rapping about spiritual blessings ('like beverly hill billies') and God's glory.

• Användare
    • 10 okt 2008, 06:25

Re: Sweet!

pootermobile said:
    Yeah, those boys are great. You should check out the rest of the 116 Clique. There's a lot of good stuff there. Their songs are pure gospel, it's so refreshing to hear people rapping about spiritual blessings ('like beverly hill billies') and God's glory.

Just like all of the artists from Reach Records (i.e. 116 Clique, LeCrae, Trip Lee, Sho Baraka, Tedashii), you should also check out some Cross Movement Records artists like Da TRUTH, Ambassador and Phanatik. I would highly recommend shai linne and his new cd "The Atonement" and his labelmate Timothy Brindle.

All of these guys have a reformed theology. Their lyrics are scripturally-based and very edifying.

P.S. LeCrae has a new cd out called "Rebel." If you don't buy anything else, get that and shai linne's "The Atonement."

• Another Reformed based rapper is Flame. He's also signed with Cross Movement Records. His record Our World Fallen is really really good. I haven't gotten a chance to hear his newest CD Our World Redeemed, yet, but I suspect it's good as well. His web-site is http://www.flame314.com/

Hope you enjoy!

• Jesus Musik!!!

Yeah i have been listenin' to lecrae, trip lee, flame, k drama, da T.R.U.T.H, and cross movement. ive been jammin out to lecraes jesus music,breath in breath out and rebeL in a playlist on repeat all for weeks! lol i love them all

Living for God, Dieing for my generation.
  • oh and 116 clique!

Living for God, Dieing for my generation.
  • Some others out there that put out holy hip hop are: Dillon Chase, Fedel, J'son, Priest and Thi'sl

I am not fully on par with these rappers, since they all believe in the trinity, and I believe Jesus is One. But there is a lot of praise in their rhymes, so I do delete some of their songs from my iTunes library, but it is nice to have Christian based music of various genres. Christ created all music, so it should all be used to bless Him!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.