Favorite DIJ collaboration?

• Sangral sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2006, 17:48

Favorite DIJ collaboration?

What is your favorite DIJ project that doesn't fall under the banner of Death In June? For me it is a tie between Scorpion Wind and Wolf Pact.

"Are you loathesome tonight? Does your madness shine bright?"
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 feb 2007, 17:03
    scorpion wind and all the projects with boyd rice...

• revski sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jun 2007, 06:14
    all the projects with boyd rice...

rev
  • "operation hummingbird" + "take care & control"

• Operation Hummingbird

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jul 2008, 12:06
    Scorpion Wind

• veneron sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2009, 00:35
    Hands down Scorpion Wind

Would have otherwised picked Take Care... and Operation Hummingbird. But seeing as they were released mainly as DIJ albums I leave them as that.

• Scorpion Wind & NAO

• Vrtkrfth sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jun 2009, 20:34
    Operation Hummingbird

• Wolf Pact followed closely by Operation Hummingbird.
    Death in June - Les Joyaux De La Princesse is good as well.

"look at yourself - you're a fucking mess, and yet you're saying nothing happened? - nothing happened??? yes, i know so much is so ordinary, so coarse, and so vulgar. but survival is simply not enough. nowhere near. what's the point of surviving? survive what? don't you realize you're going to die? fuck your missions, your crusade. i demand and expect quality. right now, once and for all. quality time."
    • veneron sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jun 2009, 19:08
    I don't get it, the thread starter wrote in the initial post "What is your favorite DIJ project that doesn't fall under the banner of Death In June?"
    Operation Hummingbird clearly falls under that category.
    i might be nitpicking, but it was nontheless released as Death In June, not Death In June & Der Blutharsch/Albin Julius. If it was meant as a collaboration type album I am sure it would have been released as such

• @veneron
    I see the point, but by that logic Scorpion Wind wouldn't be a collaberation either. It's not 'Death In June &.....', just Scorpion Wind. It is is own band, a group of artist working together under a separate name. It would be more of a DIJ side-project.

"look at yourself - you're a fucking mess, and yet you're saying nothing happened? - nothing happened??? yes, i know so much is so ordinary, so coarse, and so vulgar. but survival is simply not enough. nowhere near. what's the point of surviving? survive what? don't you realize you're going to die? fuck your missions, your crusade. i demand and expect quality. right now, once and for all. quality time."
    • veneron sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jun 2009, 12:48
    You do raise a point there, but DIJ side project, DIJ collaboration, DIJ project, in the end it's just a matter of semantics in my mind. I think it's pretty natural to view Scorpion Wind as a DIJ related project. It was even presented as "Death In June presents Scorpion Wind" on the Terra Serpentes compilation (this could of course have been done for marketing reasons), not to mention that on its re-release it was renamed Death In June & Boyd Rice - Scorpion Wind.

Eventhough it may sound like it, it's not such a big deal to me, just trying to stay true to the subject, which is Death In June collaborations NOT under the Death In June banner. Operation Hummingbird is for all intents and purposes, a Death In June album. It says so on the cover, along with Take Care & Control
    But I'll stop geek around.

• I agree, and that's why I listed Wolf Pact first and included DIJ & Les Joyaux De La Princesse. I'm just doing a little nitpicking myself.

• I believe this is confusing to some because there are really just a few releases to be chosen from when asked in this manner; mainly Scorpion Wind (as it has recently been released) and Alarm Agents. Wolf Pact was a Boyd Rice & Friends release, which would make Music, Martinis and Misanthropy another valid choice. Perhaps it would have made more sense to ask "What is your favorite Death In June related album that is not a regular Death In June release?" Just a suggestion...

For me, I would have to say that it would be a tie between Scorpion Wind and Kapo!

• Dokuta sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2009, 17:29
    All collabs with Boyd Rice and Albin Julius are equally great but i like "Music, Martinis and Misanthropy" a little bit more then the others.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.