Another lyrics question -- Saffron in London

• gignomai sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 mar 2006, 19:01

Another lyrics question -- Saffron in London

I have a recording of "Saffron" played live in London on this past tour, and there's some really interesting additions to the lyrics that don't seem to be noted anywhere in the copies of the lyrics I can find online. For example, at about 3:20, Brendan sings what sounds like "Sons and daughters of America / you lay down your lives / for the warlords of America / not for your sake or mine" and then continues with the normal lyrics. Was this a one time live thing? Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2006, 04:17
    I noticed that he did it when he played in Montreal on October 4th too. I have the live recording of that concert as well and have gone back and listened to it a few times over just to catch what the full lyrics are. I've read on their forum that the lyrics vary a bit from performance to performance, and I don't know if there's any place you can find all the lyrics and their variations (yet).

"The eagle flies up towards the sun,
    High above the fields of Babylon.
    In one claw he holds an olive branch for peace.
    In the other twelve arrows for his enemies.

Sons and daughters of America,
    You lay down your lives
    For the warlords of America,
    Not for your sake or mine."

There's a bit he says before all this too, something along the lines of "sets you free" ... but it's hard to make out. This part definitely differs from the normal lyrics you find online for it, so I'm still working on deciphering it. :-) I heard that the full lyrics are in the tour booklet, but it's all sold out at this point, and whether it would have this part on it or not, I'm not so sure.

In my recording, this is the LAST part he sings, starting somewhere around 4:30. If you want, I could send you a copy so you can compare the two.

• gignomai sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2006, 07:56
    The funny thing is that I saw them live myself in Bethesda (or "the D.C. show") and I'm pretty sure they played Saffron, but I definitely don't remember any of this, probably because I was so busy being ecstatic the whole time ;)

• Teddeh sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 mar 2006, 13:04
    A bit offtopic, but does anyone know what recording Saffron is taken from? It was by far my favourite track when I saw them last year in London (even ahead of Yulunga, etc) and I'd like to hear the studio version

• gignomai sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 mar 2006, 22:33
    As far as I know, it's not on any albums? Does anyone know otherwise?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2006, 18:02
    best version of Saffron i hear in Warsaw 31.03.2005

[ Dead Can Dance - Exorcism in the Palace, live in Warsaw 31.03.2005 (bootleg) ]

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.