Favourite Song?

• lowee sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2005, 11:41

Favourite Song?

I know, its an overused thread idea, but oh well it might start some conversation.

For me its gotta be Private Universe, at the moment at least. It will probably change when I buy some more albums though, as I've only got the best of and a crappy VHS copy of Farewell to the World at the moment.

Anyhow, whats yours?

• lavar78 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2005, 14:56
    Yeah, you need to go buy the albums. You're missing truly excellent songs like "How Will You Go," "Now We're Getting Somewhere," and "Never Be the Same" (among many others).

My top 3:

3. In the Lowlands - criminally underrated
    2. Nails in My Feet - a spectacular song with an even more spectacular ending
    1. Don't Dream It's Over - it's an obvious choice, but there's a reason for that

• I love In The Lowlands too, especially the little guitar solo near the end. Oh there's so many wonderful songs. I guess my favourite is a toss up between Distant Sun, Fall At Your Feet and Into Temptation. Man, that was tough.

Redigerad av formerlyknownas den 26 aug 2005, 07:46
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 dec 2005, 22:33
    For a long time I realy loved "Don't dream it's over", "Four seasons in one day" or "Fall at you feet". Then I stared looking up other songs, finding out I really liked "Instinct", "As sure as I am" or "Not the girl you think you are". After these songs, Crowded House had already become my favourate band...

... that's why, I was desperate to buy the original CDs, but I only found "AFTERGLOW" on the market. I bought it as fast as I could. It was then I fell in love with songs like "Private universe", "Recurring dream" or "Help is coming". But the song that really did it for me, my favourite of them all (and I know it's not one of the most well-known) is "Time Immemorial". If you're a Crowded House fan, listen to the "Afterglow" album!!!!!!!!

• Användare
    • 8 dec 2005, 22:33
    For a long time I realy loved "Don't dream it's over", "Four seasons in one day" or "Fall at you feet". Then I stared looking up other songs, finding out I really liked "Instinct", "As sure as I am" or "Not the girl you think you are". After these songs, Crowded House had already become my favourate band...

... that's why, I was desperate to buy the original CDs, but I only found "AFTERGLOW" on the market. I bought it as fast as I could. It was then I fell in love with songs like "Private universe", "Recurring dream" or "Help is coming". But the song that really did it for me, my favourite of them all (and I know it's not one of the most well-known) is "Time Immemorial". If you're a Crowded House fan, listen to the "Afterglow" album!!!!!!!!

• greyko sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 dec 2005, 08:12
    I think When You Come would have to be my favourite. And Chocolate Cake!

The live version of When You Come on the Recurring Dream bonus disc is just awesome.

• Användare
    • 21 feb 2006, 02:08
    Really difficult one to answer, because I truly love so many of their songs for different reasons. But I guess Weather With You is one of my all time favourites because it reminds me of summer days in my childhood.

Though I really love Distant Sun and Kare Kare, aswell.

And Whispers & Moans... and Pineapple Head.

Ok. I can't choose just one. ;D

• I love "Mean To Me"....and Neil Finn sings it so well live. It's a tough one though....Crowded House have so many good songs!

• PMaz sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 13:16
    The first one that popped into my head was "When You Come", so I will go with that. And I agree, "In the Lowlands" is a very underrated song. I have a special fondness for "She Goes On" as well.

• SiHart sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2006, 20:36
    Distant Sun is my favourite song ever. I just love the lyrics, which says such alot in a simple, but really effective way. The lyric "I don't pretend to know what you want, but I offer love" is really simple, but at the same time it's breath takingly beautiful for being so simple... what a glorious sentiment! Who couldn't fail to fall for that?

That's why I love Crowded House so much, for the dazzling moments where the lyrics tumble into unexpectedly poetic moments!

I don't pretend to know what you want
    But I offer love...
    • nomsta sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jun 2006, 00:45
    have always had a massive softspot for "four seasons in a day", which was made a lot softer coz i read about hester's death whilst listening to the song :S

keep smiling
  • Well, I guess my obvious choice is "Sister Madly". That was the song that drew me to Crowded House in the first place. "Fall at Your Feet", "Into Temptation" and "Better Be Home Soon" as well. I really adore pretty much all of "Temple of Low Men". But I can't stand "Don't Dream it's Over". Where I work they had this really bad cover playing every half hour and it turned me off the song completely.

tant qu'on rêve encore...

http://angagaladiel.livejournal.com
    • itapiss sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jul 2006, 11:38
    It's too difficult to decide on a single song. Like the rest, I have a small collection of songs I adore. Fall At Your Feet, Distant Sun, Whispers and Moans, Pineapple Head.

• I think that right now mine is either "Private Universe" or "Four Seasons In One Day."

• neechola sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jul 2006, 10:35
    "Whispers and Moans" above all else! And then "All I Ask", "Into Temptation", "Kare Kare"...every song!

• jentwo sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 aug 2006, 03:21
    "When You Come," without a doubt. And as greyko said, that live version is amazing. It's such a beautiful song.

• Soultalk sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 okt 2006, 01:29
    Nails In Your Feet,Tombstone

• Lukasvds sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2007, 00:17

Top 10

1. Four Seasons in One Day
    2. Walking on the Spot
    3. Nails in My Feet
    4. Pineapple Head
    5. Private Universe
    6. Fall at Your Feet
    7. Distant Sun
    8. Don't Dream It's Over
    9. Sister Madly
    10. Kare Kare

Won't be difficult to guess which album I prefer ;)

• I first heard Better Be Home Soon when I was working in Country Radio too many years ago. Since that time, I've heard the original version of Better Be Home Soon and find more to love about it. It's just a fantastic song. Period.

• hartvan sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 maj 2007, 18:40

Distant Sun

I can't think of a better Crowded House song, or anyone's song for that matter, than Distant Sun.

• always Private Universe

..And its a pleasure that I have known
    And its a treasure that I have gained

For there is nothing lost that may be found, if sought
    • Azure013 sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 sep 2007, 15:50
    Distant Sun all the way !!!!!!
    Fall at Your Feet would be no.2 fav tho :D

Well i threw you the obvious
    to see if theres more behind
    the eyes of a fallen angel
    eyes of a tragedy.
  • As Sure As I Am

A very nice song.

------------------------------
    There's a mirror-lake before me
    but i'm frozen when it's time to jump
    It's like maybe i'm afraid of what i find
    when independence comes

• 1- Hole in the river!!
    2- whispers and moans
    3- Fingers of love
    4- When you come
    5- You're not the girl you think you are
    6- Distant sun
    7- sister madly
    8- everything else

• dorcik93 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 feb 2008, 12:56
    My absolutely favourite song is Don't Dream It's Over. <3 ;))
    2nd is World Where You Live
    3rd - Fall At Your Feet
    4th - Distant Sun & When You Come
    ... - I don't know xD All of CH's songs are awesome :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.