What do you think of GDI and Brotherhood of NOD?

• Deusexer sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 maj 2007, 20:09

What do you think of GDI and Brotherhood of NOD?

Two sides, two ideologies. Authoritarian power of Kane or pseudo-democratic United Nations Global Defense Initiative ? What side are you?

NOD is pure evil => I like NOD. I prefer using sabotage tactics (Even in Dune I played for Ordos and in Generals I`m always with GLA). And BTW I can`t stand this GDI peacemakers, they just make me sick!

What about you?

• cagoBHuK sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2007, 22:37
    GDI, i like it's power.

• Iliassh sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jun 2007, 00:35

[spam]

[spam]

98:6 Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures.
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 2 aug 2011, 14:06
    • Lord021 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2007, 22:44
    BROTHER OF NOD BY THE LEADERSHIP OF KEIN !

Hate death note Ending,Not satisfied from it ?
    join us!: http://www.last.fm/group/I+hate+Death+Note+Ending

Love Kreator ? Join Kreator fans' Group ! : Kreator Fans' Group : http://www.last.fm/group/Kreator+Fans+United
    • Lord021 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2007, 22:45
    BROTHER OF NOD BY THE LEADERSHIP OF KEIN !

Love Kreator ? Join Kreator fans' Group ! : Kreator Fans' Group : http://www.last.fm/group/Kreator+Fans+United
    • Lord021 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2007, 22:45
    Sorry For Double posting..

• cagoBHuK sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2007, 20:01
    Triple :D
    Not KEIN, but Kane!!! =)

• Hah, I dont see why you see the NOD as terrorists. They're "Freedom Fighters" The worlds being opressed and they're here to help. GDI is a Facist nation seeking global economic dominance.

Down with the GDI dogs!

• I prefer GDI technologies.

• Nod.

"There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others," - Niccolo Machiavelli
  • It's not NOD but Nod, it isn't a short like GDI but a name.

• Yup, Nod.

Brotherhood of Nod is my choice. It's scenarios are better. Think of that, would you help a village and get blamed, or destoy a village and blame your enemies? :D

GDI isn't my style. I don't want my enemies to get ready when they see my big army. I want to win even before he realizes what hit him :) I choose GLA too :D

And thinking of ideologies, GDI must be USA trying to conquer a world (without Soviets or China), but Nod is more than just "resistance", it's much more organized.

In The Name Of Kane!

• cagoBHuK sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 sep 2007, 22:35
    In The Name Of Kane!

Kane LIVES!!!

• Lord021 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2007, 18:48
    Charredbeef said:
    Hah, I dont see why you see the NOD as terrorists. They're "Freedom Fighters" The worlds being opressed and they're here to help. GDI is a Facist nation seeking global economic dominance.

Down with the GDI dogs!

Absolutely Agreed.

• Rello sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 nov 2007, 20:23
    I can only hope that in future installments of the series GDI will be portrayed a bit like a hyphocrathic, Star Empire-like monstrosity.

Why? Because I am with GDI. But sometimes.. I feel they aren't cool enough..

Hope it all will be OK with Boyle now in charge ;]

• GDI has retarded personell.

• Like your Blastwave Ava

Personally, I'm a huge Fan of Aircraft Tactics, so I play mostly GDI. And in ZH always General Granger :D

But the Brotherhood of Nod is waaaaaaay cooler!

Unholy evil Prophets rise
    Fire is raining from the endless Skies
    Can you hear the final Thunder roaring?

NAPALM IN THE MORNING!
  • GDI.

I prefer the technologies. Ideology-wise, they both suck.

Simple Aspirin and Tylenol, for example, can be FATAL to cats
  • NOD

Peace through power !

• Reaper-17 all the way

Well...I know Scrin isn't an option in the original question, but I greatly prefer Reaper-17 from Kane's Wrath if I have a choice.

As for the new Epic units though, the MARV owns. My favorite GDI tactic (as ZOCOM, of course) is to get a MARV fortified with 2 Zone Raiders and 2 Missile Squads (for AA) first thing and send that baby in the middle of a Nod base once I get it to Heroic status (so it will self heal). Easily wipes out the entire base and is much more than an even match against the Redeemer. The Eradicator is nice but unless you play Traveler-59 it sucks because it's too slow without the Prodigy's Teleport ability. The Redeemer's rage gen is nice but it's by no means perfect. 1v1 the MARV will still beat the Redeemer because the MARV will have nothing nearby allied to attack and instead the rage gen will just make the MARV fire faster. Against AIs I always send the MARV alone against the Redeemer and it totally screws over them when they use the rage gen.

As for the commandos, the Prodigy owns. The Nod commando is crap because she only cloaks standing still so you can't get her in an enemy base before she's basically dead. The GDI commando is nice (MUCH better than the Nod commando) but still he's not much better than a souped up riflemen squad with C4 and a jet pack. With the Prodigy, though, you can take over a watchtower right next to an enemy barracks and just watch them pump out infantry that fall dead like flies in a bug zapper.

Other good units are the Black Hand Purifiers, the Marked of Kane Specters, and of course everyone's favorite, the Mammoth Tank. Sometimes when playing standard GDI a good combo is to stock a MARV with 4 Zone Troopers and add in 2 Mammoth Tanks. The Mammoths take care of AA and you end up with 8 Railguns PLUS the MARV Sonic Cannon. Very, very hard to kill. Make it 6 Mammoths and nothing in the game can touch it. Literally. 10 Railgun Shots plus the Sonic Cannon will even take down an Eradicator before it shoots twice. Throw in a couple Rigs to repair afterwards and you can kill other Epics with ease.

But all that pales in comparison to Reaper-17. The lack of the Planetary Assault Carrier sucks, but both GDI and Nod have very good AA between the Mantis and Slingshot so those are too easy to kill anyway. Have you ever fought against a group of 12 charged and shielded Reaper Tripods? I mean, between that and an Eradicator there's nothing, and I mean NOTHING in the game that can beat them. I killed a set of 29 Avatars with just 8 Charged & Shielded Reapers and only lost 3 of the Reapers. The guy I was playing against wasted 40 engineers trying to capture my Reapers before the game was over after he saw how totally awesome they are. A nuke blast will kill 20 avatars. A nuke blast will kill 20 Juggernauts or Mammoths. A nuke blast will only badly damage a set of 20 Annihilators, even unshielded, much less a Reaper. And unlike GDI, Nod, or even other Scrin, they have a constant supply of income from Tib fields even after the harvestable Tib runs out, so they can actually afford the huge armada of Reapers. Need I say more?

People constantly quote Einstein about WW4 being fought with sticks and stones, but nobody ever stops to think that if he's right, then after WW3 when you're telling people that your forum sig predicted it, there more than likely won't be internet access - or even electricity - to prove you right.
    • Isichan sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jun 2008, 14:00
    Love to play on both sides..~

It's hard to choose, so I'm always playing on random^^~

• ganjo90 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 21:31
    i love the GDI technologies... but Nods units kikck asses... think Nods has the Ion Cannon? hihihi who can stop it... long life to kane... =o)

• NOD! Been always on NOD's side. Always enjoyed them more than GDI.
    They are very interesting Faction when you start studying it more deeply. The fanatic belief in Kane's vision.. Mm, i like that. About their units and technology overall.. Kickass. Banshee's are the shit! Stealth tanks are awesome and their Cyborg infantry is amazing. Cyborg Reapers have been always my favorite units in Tiberian Sun, along with Cyborg Commando, Banshee & Tick Tank. NOD is also something what i enjoy most even in real life. Having guts and more action than talking to solve things out.

Peace through power!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 maj 2009, 22:14
    Peace through power!

• I like Nod, they're one of the most complex factions created for a game - they draw on many political, religious, mythological and artistic sources.

Ancient Rome, the Cain story, Josip Tito's Yugoslavia ("Unity and Brotherhood" was one of Tito's favourite catchphrases, Nod just added the subversive "Peace") etc., communist, fascist, fundamental influences all rolled into one in a commentary on totalitarianism.

Best yet, they're not just "evil for the sake of being evil", they do have some valid arguments o their side. Yes, they are demonised quite a lot in the games, but that just makes them work on a viral level, appealing to our primal instincts.

Brotherhood. Unity. Peace.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.