Artist connections game

• Artist connections game

I am reliably infomred games do well on these Forums so here goes...

The first person posts the band/artist and the next person then has to post a related band/artist.

It could be by shared band members eg ELO & Wizard have had Roy Wood & Hugh McDowell appear in both bands or a member of one band guested on another band's album or one band/artist covered the other band/artists songs eg Def Leppard covering ELO's '10538 Overture'.
    Simply list the band/artists and the connection they have with the band/artist in the previous post.

I'll kick off with Queen

• tobeon sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2006, 15:22
    I don't know if this counts as it isn't a real connection but it just popped into my head...

Sex Pistols - "God Save The Queen"

• I don't think that's what he's going for. He's looking for artist connections, not a name connection.

Bad Company: Paul Rodgers performed for both them and Queen.

• Like your thinking though Tobeon.
    Paul Rodgers was a member of Free

• Free did many supporting shows for Fleetwood Mac.

Seems a great game! I shall likely learn alot. :)

• Mmm..Fleetwood Mac bass player John McVie was a member of John Mayall Blues Breakers prior to joining Fleetwood Mac.

• Steve_R sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jul 2006, 15:11
    As was Eric Clapton, who was also a member of The Yardbirds

• That Jimmy Page guy was also in The Yardbirds, also playing for some group called Led Zeppelin.

• And Jimmy Page did a very good rock album in the mid-90's with David Coverdale of Whitesnake fame.

• David Coverdale was with Deep Purple for a time, including the excellent Burn album.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jul 2006, 08:03
    Rainbow had a few singers over the years, among them was the incredible Ronnie James Ronnie James Dio.

• Dio fronted Black Sabbath for awhile.

• Användare
    • 24 jul 2006, 07:27
    Black Sabbath used different singers other than the one and only Ozzy Osbourne. One of them was Glenn Hughes on the 1985 album Seventh Star.

• And Glenn Hughes brings us back to Deep Purple.

• Which leads onto Kansas as guitarist Steve Morse was in this band prior to joining Deep Purple.

• Användare
    • 25 jul 2006, 07:04
    Kansas lead vocalist STEVE WALSH formed a group called Streets in the 80's. Among the members was guitarist Mike Slamer of British cult band City Boy.

• Användare
    • 27 jul 2006, 14:03
    Streets first album 1st was produced by Neil Kernon. Neil later went on to produce Queensryche's album Rage For Order

• johnnyNB sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2006, 07:16
    Ronnie James Dio of Black Sabbath and Rainbow played the part of "Dr. X" in the Queensryche opus Operation Mindcrime II...

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
    http://johnnyberg.com
  • Bob Daisley was a member of Rainbow when Dio was singer and he later popped up in Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard of Ozz.

• Användare
    • 29 jul 2006, 07:01
    Ozzy Osbourne's album Blizzard of Ozz featured drummer Lee Kerslake of Uriah Heep

• The late Uriah Heep vocalist David Byron snag on some recently released solo material by Robin George

• johnnyNB sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2006, 09:53
    Robin George filled in as a second guitarist for Magnum on The Eleventh Hour Tour in 1983...

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
    http://johnnyberg.com
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.