Does God have the right to take away one's life?

• you sound like you would like to live in world with no problems, with no sickness and other issues, just live forever. In my belief it's said that life on earth isnt one, its just a beggining for something better. So those "problems" are things that makes us to think that we can die and live in peace with other people. It's what I think. You obviously can say that you want to live forever and you're not willing for sacrifice.

• That doesn't answer my question, what do you think a genetic disease is? Your initial response to my post confused me...

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
    • ISoS sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2010, 01:23
    MichalSlash said:
    there's alwayes an explenation to tragedy. if you say about genetic diseases I say that most of them are caused by us - humans. Destroying our envoirment, chemical ingridients in food, all that stuff. World would be less with genetic issues if people would be caution. Chernobyl is nice example here - big blast made children born with few arms. The same thing is also for cancer and other shit. I dont deny that there wouldnt be any diseases if all people would be more carefully but we have to count on that we will die some day. Some sooner, some later.

I don't think you understand where any of these things come from. You also don't seem to acknowledge that Chernobyl is now a lush and vibrant environment teeming with life.

The cure for your sickness (which is ignorance) is to stop "making up answers" and do actual research on what is actually happening. here's a hint... looking for these kinds of answers in the Bible will lead you to vastly false conclusions.

My other half: Anath
    Read Black/Death Metal reviews here!: Subjected to Metal
  • Chernobyl is actually almost deserted. You may of course mean that due to the city's abandonment it has indeed become a lush and vibrant environment - I'm just wondering if it's still radioactive or if people just didn't bother going back.

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
    • ISoS sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2010, 22:56
    VampyreAngel said:
    Chernobyl is actually almost deserted. You may of course mean that due to the city's abandonment it has indeed become a lush and vibrant environment - I'm just wondering if it's still radioactive or if people just didn't bother going back.

People just didn't bother going back. I think most of the area is no longer lethally radiated. But it hardly injured the environment or turned things into a wasteland like Fallout would have you think. I'm just saying that it didn't destroy things like this person appears to be trying to say it did.

• Actually radiation in charnobyl is low on the surface (I mean Pripyat - the city near main power station for workers). But in lower levels - basements its deadly as hell. All I want to say is that, damage was cause by another people, not God. People should be more careful. Also don't deny that damage aint so small. Maybe its low now - many things regenerated, but it still needs a lot of time to dissapear in 100%. Don't get me wrong - I dont know what is your main question. Also tell me, why I am so ignorant, cuz we're just chatting in peace here.

Take a look here: http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html it's nice article. I dont think it's so nice there now. All in all Chernobyl should be a warning to all people, especially for scientists.

RageofAnath - I didnt mean to confuse you. In my opinion genetic disease is an illness caused by abnormalities in genes and my point is that one of many reasons of those "abnormalities in genes" is just human interference. Maybe there won't be those genetic diseases at all if we woudnt be playing with nature, who knows.

• Ok, close enough. Do you know what a mutation is, and how it occurs?

Cookies for Godlessness
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
    • ISoS sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2010, 02:07
    MichalSlash said:
    Actually radiation in charnobyl is low on the surface (I mean Pripyat - the city near main power station for workers). But in lower levels - basements its deadly as hell. All I want to say is that, damage was cause by another people, not God. People should be more careful. Also don't deny that damage aint so small. Maybe its low now - many things regenerated, but it still needs a lot of time to dissapear in 100%. Don't get me wrong - I dont know what is your main question. Also tell me, why I am so ignorant, cuz we're just chatting in peace here.

Actually, I never asked you a question. I merely said you were misinformed on these things. Your argument is nonsense in the face of the Old Testament stories. You claim that human meddling is what causes the problems. Yet God wipes out cities on his own, so if your God exists, and the Old Testament is true, then no, ceasing "human meddling" wouldn't stop the things you claim.

God doesn't exist, and the Old Testament is a myth, also our "meddling" helps WAY more than it hurts. Will it NEVER cause damage? Of course not, there will be some things that go wrong. Why? Nothing is 100% perfect. So don't live in a dream world.

Take a look here: http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html it's nice article. I dont think it's so nice there now. All in all Chernobyl should be a warning to all people, especially for scientists.

Uhm... we didn't need Chernobyl to figure out that radiation was lethal and such. We knew that WAAAYYY before Chernobyl even existed. So saying "this should be a warning to scientists"... I think they heard that loud and clear from Hiroshima.

• Vohrahk sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 feb 2011, 04:30
    First of all, we need to realize why people die. Romans 5:12 tells us that because of Adam and Eve's sin, death came into the world:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

Now that we see that death occurs because of sin, we can see that all people will die.

We know that God gives life, as seen in several verses:

"I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;"
    -1 Timothy 6:13

Quickeneth meaning to give life to, make alive.

Job 10:12 says God has given life:

"Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit."

God is also the one who forms you, as seen in Jeremiah 1:5:

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Since God is the one who made mankind and the universe, He makes the rules. This is clearly seen when God speaks to Job in a whirlwind,

"Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said, Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it."
    -Job 40:1-2

So to answer the question simply, yes God can give and take anything, including life, as He sees fit. Job knew this when he said,

"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
    -Job 1:21

What we need to worry about is using the time we have alive. Psalm 90:12 lets us know this,

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

The best wisdom we can ever know is that we are all are sinners, as seen above in Romans 5:12, and we all need to get right with God. The only way to do that is to have Jesus Christ as your savior.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."
    -Romans 5:19

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him." -Romans 5:8-9

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." -John 14:6
  • Now that we see that death occurs because of sin

Yyyyyyyyyyeah. Convincing.

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
  • But plants don't sin and they die

Cookies for Godlessness
    • wimme sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 feb 2011, 17:21
    RageofAnath said:
    But plants don't sin and they die

The whole Earth was cursed when sin entered the world.

Genesis 3:17:
    To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat of it,’
    Cursed is the ground because of you;

Genesis 5:28-29:
    When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son. He named him Noah and said, “He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the LORD has cursed.

• I say God has the right to do anything he wants:) If he takes my life, then it was meant to be over:) I am not scared of dying:)

Music is who u r on the inside:)
    • wimme sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2011, 23:24
    My thought exactly.

• I may allow Colonel Gaddafi to kill me whenever he pleases. That doesn't mean he can do it to everybody else too.

• R u saying he's God?

No.

• Didn't God spawn Adam and Eve, and considering he should be all-knowing, he KNEW Adam and Eve would fuck but cursed them and the rest of the bazillion people after em anyhow. Why? Because he's vicious, if he's truly there.

Period. He doesn't have the right to kill any of us, even if he spawned us.

Suppose I'm a father and just got a kid, he's all cute and stuff but he's mine, I made him, he's mine, I spawned him into being. Does that mean I can take him out of this life by own admission because I spawned him into being? No, no one or nothing has that right.

Period ²

"It's mind over matter, if I don't mind, it don't matter" - Rev Ernest Poe.
  • The amazing thing is that so far the answer to your example by christians here has been "the kid is not yours, it's God's (he can kill it, you can't-you'd be a bad bad person if you did)". And no, they don't accept the analogy even if you change "kid" with completely artificial genetically engineered humanoid.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2011, 01:44
    No. God advocates human dignity. God doesn't judge. God just tries to help you be a better person.

Christian Alexander Tietgen

• Hmmmm??? God does not kill his own creation? Adam & Eve had to be tested by the devil, and God knew that the devil would succeed, but only for a small period of time. God gave us the freedom of "Choice".... Adam & Eve chose to bite the apple, to see if the the devil was lying, or if god was lying?? So they had to make a "choice", and they chose the life that we wlive now, and God has a plan, but i will tell you it is not to kill us and to make us his little pawns to play with.... God allows humans to die for his own purpose that only he has to understand....My aunt died from cancer, but i don't get mad at god for it, i thank him for taking her away from this horrible place we call satans playground...

• Does God have the right to take away one's life?

I'd say that my God who is infinite and created everything for Himself has the right to take anyone's life without owing anyone an explanation. At the end of the day, everything works for good for those that believe in Him.

• Amen!

• God gives and takes life. He owes you nothing. What have you done to Him besides sinning over and over again? Nothing.

• read the rest of the thread

oh, funny story. A guy had children. What had they ever done to him besides wasting his time and money?
    So he killed them. (he owed them nothing)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.