Non-connected artists in the global tag radio

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 2 jul 2008, 20:38

Non-connected artists in the global tag radio

If you tag an artist 'central point' for the global tag radio and they're are not connected to the group, introduce them here.

I won't index them, unless of course, if they join Last.fm and want me to!

• Hey Babs :)

Some of the artists I have tagged for the Central Point global radio are members who have not yet set up a promo thread at the group (understandable cos there's always way too much promo required to have a hope of a single scrobble when you are an independent artist anywhere on the net). Aside from these ones, I'm pretty sure all the ones I have tagged are Last.fm users as well as artists.

It's a great idea to get more info on tagged artists here but I may not be able to post them because I usually tag on the fly really quickly and put in a lot of tags at once, sometimes for other group radios too to help out the fellow artists and interested listeners. But I'm straining to keep up with the ever growing already ridiculously long list of admin duties I have somehow created for myself at Last.fm and elsewhere, haha.

I only tag artists whose music is very pleasing to my ears but could also stop tagging non-connected artists if that is preferred...

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 3 jul 2008, 02:20
    Heya Pixie :)

Yeah I thought I recognised some of those names as artists you've worked with. No worries if you're tagging in advance of promo threads.

Admin duties... oh I know! Fun isn't supposed to be this much hard work. haha.

I don't want to limit the love. If there are artists who you (and others reading this) feel people might enjoy, it's ok to add them. A quick page link and a word or two on who it is would be appreciated, then browsers know what's here and everything makes sense. If that makes sense?

eg, I've tagged Grantura in advance of their promo thread. Classic sounding harmony-led country.

The radio is sounding delicious already, thanks for all the hard work so far. :D (same goes to everyone else who's busy tagging - thank you!)

• HipGnosis

One artist I know I've tagged is HipGnosis in Chicago - he is making fantastic hip-hop influenced music that goes in various directions, like trip-hop, experimental, etc. He has a jazz and classical background too, amazing stuff, one of the first ind artists I discovered and loved to hear at Last.fm and loving the sounds even more now after extensive listening...

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 3 jul 2008, 15:17
    Isn't he here yet? Where is he? I know I invited him. lol!

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jul 2008, 18:00
    Hi all. As I promised our fearless leader, here's an infodump about all the unrelated stuff I've tagged
    We'll start with the lovely Ana Gori
    " Ana Gori is a Brazilian singer and songwriter who started her career at a very young age, playing guitar and writing poetry. After some training
    she started to sing and write her own songs.
    Her music is greatly influenced by Bossa-Nova and the rich Black heritage.
    She will be releasing her first album very soon."
    OK I just noticed that there's a vote for the correct name link here, I think the server's gone off it's nut. It gives the other choice as Marisa Narciso. Huh? I could understand if the other choice was something like Anagori or Ana Gorí, but that doesn't make sense at all! It's like the
    Rowboat Magicians one that Phil Wilkerson asked us to vote on in
    Free Music. yet again, alternate name completely unrelated. Weirdness! OK so much for that, please go over and vote Ana Gori as a valid artist.
    Thanks.
    -
    Next is Kim Thompsett
    " Kim Thompsett is a musician and songwriter living and working in the South East of England. She plays guitar, flute, native American flute and zither. Her songs have an escapist quality which evokes the England of old with hints of Celtic, medieval and the classic folk artists of the ‘60’s and 70’s.
    Kim is playing a series of concerts around the UK over the Summer and further details
    of these can be accessed from the Events page."
    I found her while perusing Celtic and Folk Stuff. Luckily no vote link.

Multi-talented, beautiful voice, great Celtic folk sound.
    -
    Now here is Helmut Twix
    I know next to nothing about them but that it's pop with a retroish sound, women singing with a nordic-germanic accent, very cute track:
    All You Need Is A Mother
    about a mistress competing with a guy's wife and mother.
    Track is free, ends with a little nod to the Beattles. Don't remember where I found it, I think it was in a shoutbox somewhere or something.
    -
    Next on the list is LifeStream
    " São José dos Campos, São Paulo, Brazil.
    Rock, Alternative, Indie Rock, Guitar."
    Great stuff from Brazil, found at Indie - Brasil
    -
    Next: Terry Springford
    Terry Springford is a singer-songwriter from Melbourne, Australia. In the late-1990s he played in a duo, Haven (with Daniella Hubbard). At the turn
    of the millennium he was frequently seen playing the bars and cafes of inner-city
    Fitzroy and Collingwood and the folk clubs of the nearby Dandenong Ranges. While
    Terry mostly played intimate and acoustic solo shows he also often performed with
    a revolving cast of characters on guitar, violin and harmonizing vocals.
    Terry was a member of the Barleycorn songwriting “collective” which included award-winning
    songwriter Michael Waugh along with Matt Geraghty, Jona Byron and Andy Gaunt
    Folk from Australia, found on radio I think.
    -
    On to fenducci, Electronica from Dundee Scotland.
    Tagged one of their tracks in the artist tag game at Pixies Palace
    " Fenducci hail from Dundee, Scotland. They have been
    writing tunes since about 1993. The band members are Troy Severes (Nixon Feltzbarr) and Marty Mediocre Milton Segretti"
    -
    Next is Rayspark Industries
    " Electronic music composer, producing experimental electronic grooves with shifts in beats and styles under the name “Rayspark Industries”; Trying
    to break the genre barriers…"
    Found in the shoutbox of someone who visited Ethnic Lovers
    -
    Now another track tagged in the Palace game from Cixxx j
    Alternative / Rock / Techno from Italy. Now that's a speecy spicy Alternative Rock / Techno!
    -
    Now here's Xanadus found in rayspark/s shoutbox. Multo benne Italian ambient electronica.
    -
    Next up is Dual Echelon, found in the shoutbox of xanahual,

xanahual is actually Xanadus.
    Now that's what you call in shoutbox surfing, a perfect wave!
    A bit about Dual Echelon, I later discovered he's actually a member of the Palace.
    " The debut EP from British electronic artist Will Burdin (aka Dual Echelon), “Experimental
    Music Therapy” represents a dramatic new direction in the genre. Carefully tweaked
    sounds interweave with complex drums and rhythms to create a sound that seems to
    fill your entire head."
    Nice!
    -
    Next: Loving The Sun, discovered when brokenD added me as a

friend. Electronic rock from Germany, nice laid back dreamy stuff.
    -
    And now ladies and gentlemen, Megan Paige.
    Dynamite voice, found in a shoutbox.
    " Megan Paige is a girl on a mission. She’s determined
    to prove that the female powerhouse voice isn’t just for divas, and aggressive music
    and lyrics don’t require gothic dresses and a lot of black make-up. Instead the girl next door is kicking in our doors and telling us like it is."
    Power pop, rock, bluesy, influenced by Motown etc. She's from here in the USA.
    -
    This next artist came to me as a recommendation by Pixieguts in my new group

Artistas e Ouvintes
    Anne Garner
    She's a singer from the UK who's worked with a number of electronica artists.
    -
    The Navajo Project is a band from Canada I discovered last year, one of

it's members is Brazilian, NeonHandshake
    " The Navajo Project is a four-piece out of Montreal. The band is an emotionally charged hard rock band with a middle-eastern influence, driven by impassioned vocals and
    inspired lyrics. What sets them apart from the crowd is an outstanding commitment
    to their sound, an elevated level of intensity on stage, and an exceptional understanding
    of the songwriting and recording processes."
    -
    And thus begins our little lusophone invasion. No, it's not some crazy wind instrument

you've not heard of before, a
    lusophone, is a person who speaks

Portuguese. The past couple days I've been Googling for artists who are last.fm users for my
    new group Artistas e Ouvintes, patterned after this one, it's name means

artists and listeners.
    So the next lusophone on the line, get it? Phone line?... :P is Lovefool.
    They're a band from Foz do Iguaçu in the Brazilian state of Paraná, formed in 2007, they

play many styles of rock and released a virtual EP called “As flores da estação”.
    -
    Next is Rockz who rox! a recommendation in my group from a Brazilian friend

who happens to really like Radiohead
    Brazilian alternative rock, and I see I'm going to have to talk to those boys about how to

write a description, it's just a bunch of lines about what rock is, but the music is good. I

also see I have a lot of wiki translations in my future. :)
    -
    Now a southerly wind is starting to kick up, enter:
    [Austral]
    A pop rock band from Rio who's name comes from the fact that they're from the southern

hemisphere. They claim as influences international greats such as Bon Jovi,

U2, and Lenny Kravitz, and great Brazilian rockers such as

Barão Vermelho and Paralamas do Sucesso.
    -
    Now Acordo Mútuo
    They're a prog rock band from the state of São Paulo, members are Rodrigo Nunes (vocals and

guitar), Edu Bento (bass) e Caique Bulldog (drums).
    -
    Next: The Cleaners is a brazilian indie band

formed in 2005,
    consists of Rodrigo (Milk) (vocals/guitar), Duka Olimazzi (drums), Joseph (guitar)
    and Rodrigo (bass).
    They recorded a demo with two songs, “All I Do” and “Love Yourself”, this last,
    was re-recording for the “Cactus Jack band”, a local band…
    In 2005, after many changes, the band starts to play on some festivals, winning
    the 1º Wizard Rock Festival and the 3º Objetivo Festival…
    -
    Laconist was formed in Campinas, Brazil, in late 2007 by Neil (ex-
    Queiron) and Alcoholic Death (Unmemory,
    Remords Posthume) with the intent to create a profane and no-frills ,
    on the likes of Anasarca, Lost Soul,
    Benediction, and Morbid Angel
    -
    Ultima is a brazilian indie rock band. They

play a mix of grunge rock and hard rock with a hint of brazilian pop rock acts from the 80s
    such as Legião Urbana. After shifting the line up of musicians various

times, the band settled with Gomão
    on drums, J. on bass, Nazau on guitar and Museu on vocals.
    -
    Next is REDTIE, a thrash metal band from Brazil blending elements of old

school thrash from the 80s and modern style, with lyrics in English.
    -
    Next comes Logotofee, a hardcore band from Porto Alegre in the state of Rio

Grande do Sul formed in 2005.
    -
    From Portugal we have Unsure which is a

Portuguese metal band, from Loulé, Goncinha. They combine several different metal genres,

with what the band calls ‘a personal touch’. Unsure are Chico (vocals),
    Ruben (guitar), João (bass) and Filipe (drums). The band is now working in a new
    e.p. that was planned to be released in early 2008.
    -
    It might be interesting to note here that I was searching Google with
    (site:last.fm "minha banda" -preferida -favorita)
    "minha banda" means my band, "preferida" means preferred, and "favorita" means favorite, I

excluded these last 2 words. Thus we have lots of rock and metal interestingly enough.
    -
    Now on with the show, DDT punkrock playing, you guessed it,
    punk rock!
    They're also from Rio Grande do Sul, Luciano (Élvis) vocals, Roger bass, Luciano (Gordo)

guitar and Miral on drums. major Influences Ramones
    -
    Here's one I revisited, it was a recommendation in Ethnic Lovers shortly

after I took over leadership this spring.
    Meretrio is an instrumental music trio from Campinas,
    São Paulo state in Brazil which explores a wide array of genres, from jazz to brazillian

music to latin music, mixing traditional jazz standards with non-traditional arrangements.
    -
    We interrupt this lusophone invasion to bring you Rowboat Magicians

mentioned above. "one of several recording projects of
    C.P. McDill. from the US. The others are
    Saluki Regicide, Djinnestan,
    Tree Helicopter, Akashic Crow’s Nest and
    Rolling Calf Sinfonette. As a project, Rowboat Magicians lasted long

enough to produce 4 tracks, which are
    available from Webbed Hand Records on the EP “Strange Invention” (available as a
    free mp3 download from the label).
    Strong bassy synth rhythms and generous use of samples best characterize the sound
    of Rowboat Magicians."
    -
    Now back to your regularly scheduled lusophone invasion.
    -
    blasfemea is a band from Lisbon Portugal who mixes rock & roll and punk

rock with electronica. Influences include Joy Division,
    Oasis, The Libertines, The Faint,
    Depeche Mode etc etc etc.
    -
    Next is Black Sonora invites the audience for a journey through the various

sounds of black music. Their music is a mix of Soul, Hip-Hop, Samba-Funk, Reggae, Baião,

latin rhythms.
    -
    Next tagged is Cyius, from the mountain city of Petrópolis in the state of

Rio De Janeiro. and formed by 5 friends in 2002. New metal, alternative rock, socio-

political lyrics.
    -
    Next I took a break from Google for a reccomendation from Pixieguts,
    Jdvoid, IDM from Portugal.
    -
    It was at this time I decided to try another search:
    (site:last.fm "meu projeto") = my project. Less rock, more electronica, but not right away.

First comes 20 de Julho which is a solo metalcore project of Thiago Almeida

from Rio. He's a teen who records his music at his home with an improvised home studio on

his computer, and who promotes his music sending it to friends.
    -
    Next up is Weick Yasutora, easy on the ears JPop from the state of Bahia

Brazil. He sings in Japanese.
    -
    Next is an electro-retro sound from mr. yyz from Brazil, with just 3

listeners it's an undiscovered gem, though he doesn't seem to be so proud of it on his user

page. There's even a track where he mixes his electro-style that sounds to me to hark back

to the 80s, with Spanish guitar!
    -
    Next up, The AlienAqtor project appeared by

the middle of 1999,
    as a study of sounds, effects and artistic abstraction. This happened with very little
    resources, a sum of wide open influences; and made the first “sound drafts” incorporate
    ambient sounds, electro, techno, breakbeat, house – but, beyond it all, uncommon
    effects, noises and a “rough” touch.
    From then on a clear and gradual evolution happened: more complex compositions,
    where styles were mixed with harmony improvement; the use of melodies derived from
    Ambient Techno – IDM – Glitch Pop (influence of e-music labels such as Astralwerks…
    -
    Proceeding: We have some is a project formed by MJRay from Brazil. Very

80sesque. Obvious influences are Bauhaus, Joy Division,

She Wants Revenge, Hot Chip,
    TV on the Radio, Ellen Alien,
    New Young Pony Club etc.Not so obvious ones include
    Bright Eyes, Sonic Youth,
    Antony and the Johnsons, and Agalloch.
    -
    Now A Heart Full of Love and Hate which is an old project from Thiago Alameida, now he records under 20 de Julho
    -
    Last but not least is Hadda & DJ A Hip hop/jazz hop from Brazil.
    " Alex “niggalex” Souza, mostly known as “Hadda”, was
    born in 1978 in Ceilandia, one of the most popular cities in the Brazilian Federal
    District. In 1990 he moved with his family to Santa Maria, where he still lives today.
    It was in a local Hip Hop community shop were Alex worked, in Brasilia, the capital
    city, that Hadda first met his the friend and musical partner “DJ A” (Allysson Lopes).
    "
    Well folks, that's my central point tag up till now. Have fun.

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jul 2008, 18:36
    Please excuse the crazy line lengths, I used notepad to work on this all morning and into the afternoon, then pasted it in here. I've long ago learned my lesson about long edits in a browser, you can't so easily save it, it's prone to crashing, and it's a pain in the neck going in and out of MSAA mode to go get stuff. I'm like Marie, I tend to tag lots of stuff quickly in amongst other tags to help out the artists, but once in a while, maybe every few weeks, maybe more often, I'll come back and do this to keep it updated.

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 3 jul 2008, 22:40
    Excellent, excellent work, my friend! Thank you. :D

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jul 2008, 12:46
    No problem. Thanks for the kind words. A happy weekend to you. Here of course it's Independence Day, wink. Happy 4th to all my fellow yanks.

• Re: Non-connected artists in the global tag radio

Babs_05 said:

If you tag an artist 'central point' for the global tag radio and they're are not connected to the group, introduce them here.

I won't index them, unless of course, if they join Last.fm and want me to!

vedad hodzic
    Sehara Records

Life is one big road with lots of signs,
    So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind.
    • AKO77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jul 2008, 21:17

New Artists from Symbiosis Productions taged Central Point

Ako77
    Redigerad av AKO77 den 19 okt 2008, 13:39
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 11 jul 2008, 23:13
    Great stuff! Thank you. Keep it coming. :D

• Zootsings

I tagged Zootsings. I recommended her already to this group. But I can't find the recommendations in this new -not really comfortable- coat (I'm sorry to have to say this).
    So again: "Zootsings is a singer-songwriter, who has no trouble at all with singing"
    She creates an intimate atmosphere because she leaves commercial aspirations at home (in any case out of the music), which makes it possible for her to mix bluesy, jazzy and clasical moods with a pleasure which is rarely heard in music with more aspiration ....
    I feel like she's playing for me in my own livingroom.. A unique sensation , for me ....

• If you thought for yourself others wouldn't have to.
  • Jacky Bullfrog

Jacky Bullfrog makes music at the computer. He is a bedroom artist.
    Styles: electronic, rock, jazz, pop, blues.

• Gylepomp

Gylepomp is a German keyboarder. He is a bedroom artist. Styles: jazz, fusion.

• AKO77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 okt 2008, 13:53

Symbiosis Productions

Hey Babs.

Here are some artists from the Symbiosis Productions label which i represent on Last.fm. Feel free to connect any artists you like to the Central Point group.
    Enjoy....

Jazztobakk
    Rugged Construction
    Fragnanze
    Laktose
    Dingo Starr
    Dolphin Massacre
    The Moon Is A Green Cheese
    Autobahnan
    Psychedelic Tendencies
    Chrystalsphere
    Computer Says NO!
    La Temblador
    Flimm3r
    Headacke
    Dotzone
    Pocket Violin

Symbiosis Productions

Ako77
    • Babs_05 sa...
    • 19 okt 2008, 14:50
    Great work adding them to the global tag radio, AKO77, thanks. :)

I'd only connect to the group if there were a dedicated thread. Otherwise my system falls apart! lol

The system is:

Babs: Thread + Index + Connected Artists + 'pure' central point tag radio

Everyone else: tag 'central point' artists who would otherwise be hard to find, or are interesting, or who could just do with some love. Any genre welcome.

Make sure you tell us who you added here, so people have something to browse and explore whilst listening. It's good exposure for artists too.

• Hi - I've just tagged Joy Walshe London-based singer/songwriter with a great voice.

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 okt 2008, 21:28
    OK here we go again. It's been a while since I did this last time so this'll be another long post. Last things first, I just came across
    -
    -
    LamieLa
    -
    free downloads
    -
    yesterday. She's a French artist living in Belgium and interpreting an eclectic mix of jazz and blues tunes in French and English. She plays all over French-speaking Europe and north Africa.
    -
    -
    Kuhnya
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Is light, intimate, classic-ish Russian rock, check it out.
    -
    -
    Mirko Fait
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Is an Italian artist born in Milan in 1965 to a family of artists. His music on last.fm is a mix of bossa nova and jazz.
    -
    -
    Steve Swindells
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Independent now, this British artist is a last.fm user and former member of a couple well known bands,
    Pilot a one-hit-wonder pop band from the 70s, and psychedelic cum metal bands Hawkwind and Hawklords
    Steve continues to record at home in NW London using Garage Band on his MACbook pro. His solo album ‘Demos For The Departed’ is a collection of home demos from the late eighties up to the present day. He collaborated with Jerry Richards on his Earth Lab album ‘Element’ (one track of which is being featured on the upcoming film Chemical Wedding, written by Bruce Dickinson and starring Simon Callow) and the forthcoming follow-up album which is nearing completion. He is also working with the young (and extremely talented) R&B singer C.Kay and London’s finest female rapper Lady Sovereign, amongst others.
    -
    -
    gyamtso
    -
    Polish minimal electronica, great atmosphere in his music.
    -
    -
    Hillbilly Moon Explosion
    -
    This is rockabilly from Zurich Switzerland.
    “It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work up a plausible old-school sound these days—a few twangy guitars, a pile of echo, a sneering lead vocal on top, and presto,
    you’re ready to rumble. There’s a difference, however, between a true vintage-tinged update and another in a series of Eddie Cochran copycats. Which brings us to Hillbilly Moon Explosion, Zurich-based rock revivalists who’ve spent the past few years touring Europe, issuing a pair of acclaimed releases (2002’s Introducing The Hillbilly Moon Explosion, 2004’s Bourgeois Baby) while watching their fan base grow by leaps and bounds.
    -
    -
    Iain Scott
    -
    Contemporary South African classical music composer, emigrating soon to New Zealand. He also speaks Esperanto. His streamable track is made with MIDI instruments.
    -
    -
    Jason Silver
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Light rock, piano balads.
    Jason Silver is a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, specialising in piano,
    but also playing guitar, bass, drums, and other instruments. He has been a full-time
    professional musician since 1993, working with a range of highly-regarded studio
    session players, Canadian artists like Johnannes Linstead and Night Sun, and Broadway
    musicians in New York City, and has arranged and written music for the Kingston Symphony Orchestra, in Kingston, Ontario.
    -
    -
    In_Cognitus
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Experimental psytrance, dark ambient, and a mix of things from Russia.
    -
    -
    iannis loumakis
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Born in Pireus, Greece, Iannis with his family migrated, at an early age, to the
    U.S.A. (Atlanta, Georgia), where he was exposed to southern fried funk
    (James Brown, Bobby Byrd, Ike & Tina Turner etc.) and the local Blues artists, both white and black, which today continue to inspire and influence him. He still considers himself lucky
    that, at the age of 14, he was given his first guitar lessons by his neighbor and
    family friend Isaac Jones, a “sweet elderly black man that could only play guitar
    with a medicine bottle on his finger,” which is called slide guitar.
    -
    -
    Jazoo
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Band Members:
    Tomaz Pačnik keyboards
    Matjaž Mlakar saxophones,
    Katja Stare flute, vocal,
    Anže Žurbi drums & perc.,
    Nejc Haberman bass guitar

Influences: , , , , , , , ...and many more!

Sounds Like:It's hard to define...try it!:)
    Jazoo was formed by the members of a vocal jazz-rock group Pulsa Theatro. The musicians of this group played before in various Carinthian formations: Xenofobia, Herald IV., H.M.D., Abadon...

1996-1999: Numerous concerts and tours in clubs took place all round Slovenia....
    -
    -
    Russ Sargeant
    -
    [free downloads
    -
    is an electric/double bassist and guitarist based near Birmingham, England. His
    music is a rhythmic blend of jazz, ambient and new age with a distinctly ECM-like sound.
    -
    -
    Aaron Stilley
    -
    He says about himself: "Unmusical and untalented, bringing forth the bedroom noiziness.".
    Interesting remixes of familiar tunes.
    -
    -
    Well think I'll stop here for now and pick up where I left off later.
    Cheers:

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 19 okt 2008, 23:51
    Wow!! All of you guys are amazing! This is excellent detective work. Thanks! :D

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2008, 16:41

Another long post

I'm catching up:
    -
    Susperia-Electrica
    -
    free downloads
    -
    (CHILL2006) is an ambient project. From Aldershot United Kingdom now based on the southcoast. Genres including , , ,
    Influences, Brian Eno, Tangerine Dream, Robert Fripp.
    -
    -
    White Town
    -
    free downloads
    -
    is a techno-pop act (actually only one man, Jyoti Mishra, born in Rourkela, India, on July 30, 1966; Mishra has lived in the United Kingdom since the age of three), often regarded as a for its 1997 song "Your Woman", which sampled a 1930s song called "My Woman" by Al Bowlly, which was featured in the Dennis Potter drama Pennies From Heaven. This single was often known not by its name, but by the title of the EP it originally appeared on - ">Abort, Retry, Fail?_".

Mishra, a straight edger and ex-Marxist, often incorporates concerns in his songs veiled in terms of personal relationships (as in his only hit). After a troubled working relationship with EMI Records, Mishra was dropped from the label in 1997 and since then has gone back to working with indie labels like Parasol Records. His last album, 2000's Peek & Poke, received moderately enthusiastic reviews but sold pitifully compared to his major label work.
    -
    -
    Sir Alec Hendrix
    -
    free downloads
    -
    is lounge from German artist alexander hendrix, living in palma de mallorca Spain.
    -
    -
    Martin Budd
    -
    AKA monoinput, electronica from the UK.
    -
    -
    Hanggai
    -
    is made up of young musicians from Beijing and from the Chinese province of Inner Mongolia and their interpretations of traditional songs from the grasslands have attracted quite a following over the last few years. The word ‘hanggai’ is ancient Mongolian, describing an idealised grassland landscape of mountains, trees, rivers and blue skies.
    -
    -
    Khaossia
    -
    Italian folk, Ethno Ensemble from Salento (South Italy)
    The Ensemble was born in 2005 in Cremona by the several and continous proposals of pubblic and private institutions and of single lovers of this musical genre, who would like to count, even in Lombardy, a band which at the best could represent the Salento, with its peculiar traditions.
    The Ensemble is a branch of the Ceili Band “The Buskers”, Irish Traditional Music.
    -
    -
    fenducci
    -
    free downloads
    -
    techno band hailing from Dundee, Scotland. They have been writing tunes since about 1993. The band members are Troy Severes
    (Nixon Feltzbarr) and Marty Mediocre (Milton Segretti). Visit their website at www.gestaltanalysis.com where you can download their entire back catalogue, for free, for your listening pleasure. The duo will be adding new and old tracks they have written as a band and as solo artists. There are recordings of live sets they have performed too.
    -
    -
    California Stories Uncovered
    -
    free downloads
    -
    post-rock band came into being at the turn of 2005 in Tczew, Poland.
    That’s where four friends met and decided to form a band. "We’ve loved music since our early youth and wanted to put our feelings, emotions into simple guitar compositions. At the very fisrt rehersals we tried to get to know each others as parts of the band and learn how to put those parts together to make the whole thing a Band. In december 2006 Olek joined the band filling up the empty space."
    -
    -
    Djin
    -
    There are a dozen or more artists out there called Djin, one of them is an instrumental progressive rock band residing in Randers, Denmark.
    They move in an instrumental universe filled with creative rhythms and uplifting
    arrangements. In Djin’s music it is great detail and musical challenge that is emphasized. Therefore the music moves in a mix of different music genres with dissonant inputs.
    -
    -
    Savium
    -
    free downloads
    -
    is an instrumental one-man band who persistently and consciously performs
    speechless music. The early roots lie within the NWOBHM genre, but Savium is now primarily influenced by the instrumental post-rock and contemporary avantgarde jazz scene in Chicago, US.
    Savium’s sense of humour does that he loves to experiment, so you will often hear other genres like progressive metal, old school rock, pop and even electro mixed into the music.
    -
    -
    xDDDre
    -
    free downloads
    -
    As he writes in his bio, "xDDDre is André Alves’ alias, a 17 year old stiff who thinks of himself as a musician."
    He is a Brazilian bedroom artist making electronica with a light sense of humor..
    -
    -
    Laura De Ita - Alejandro Paez Varela
    -
    free downloads
    -
    an interesting duo from Mexico, light, poetic, acoustic indie. Folky, bluesy, funky. Great for brushing up on your Spanish.
    -
    -
    o u t s i d e
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Dream rock from the state of Piaui, Brazil.
    -
    -
    The Sky Drops
    -
    are Rob Montejo and Monika Bullette - a superforce of guitars, drums, and vocals. Based in Wilmington, Delaware, the band members each have their own fine pedigree and began The Sky Drops in the Autumn of 2005.

Rob and Monika's beautiful harmonies are intensified by swimming blissed-out guitars and no-nonsense drumming. The Sky Drops have been likened to a " Everly Brothers".
    -
    -
    Marisa Narciso
    -
    is a Brazilian songwriter and DJ: AKA Dj Blush.
    -
    -
    Alex Oliveira
    -
    free downloads
    -
    is a Brazilian electronica artist. He has a streamable track featuring
    Ana Gori
    -
    -
    Talk Show Host
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Experimental electronic band from italy, active since 2001 to 2006.
    They’re now playing as “feral children”. Most of their discography is available for free on the netlabels anomolo.com, ogredung.org and tanderion.org.
    -
    -
    Jacky Bullfrog
    -
    The man who hides behind the name Jacky Bullfrog is a German music freak who has produced music with groove at the computer since 2001.
    Music styles: , , , , .
    The result of his creativity is a box with eight albums (139 tracks altogether)
    on whose covers the same bullfrog can be found.
    Jacky Bullfrog is also the man on the microphone and at the guitar of a rock band
    called “Bullfrog Stringband”.
    -
    -
    Zeropage
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Zeropage are the two producers Stefan Fuhrer and Frédéric Arneberg from Bern, Switzerland. They have a chilled yet bright and melodic sound incorporating both instrumental and classic electronic elements.
    The duo started in the early 80’s, sold a few thousand CDs in the 90’s, did music
    for film, dance and jazz in 2000. Nowadays, they meet several times a month to experiment with sounds. With their long time experience in creating electronic music, their “jam sessions” often end in fully produced songs.
    -
    -
    Asterisco
    -
    free downloads
    -
    is a Mexican pop rock band which mixes elements of classic rock with modern rhythms.
    -
    -
    GreenGender
    -
    free downloads
    -

scott b. is the multi-instrumentalist who is behind both the
    GreenGender & The Worthing music projects. He is currently living in San Francisco, California and releasing
    music under the UK based Steal My Oil record label.

• kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2008, 19:36

Last One for a while

Nomo
    -
    were conceived in 2003 when University of Michigan jazz studies graduate and
    multi-instrumentalist (tenor sax, keyboards, electric mbiri) Elliot Bergman and some of his acquaintances began jamming at an Ann Arbor, MI, house where many of them lived. This led to the eventual formation of the group, which recorded its self-titled EP on Ypsilanti Records that same year, after producer Warn Defever dared Bergman to bring as many people as he could to the studio. In 2004 the band (which, with album and live appearance combined, has had over 60 contributors) issued a full-length record of the same name.
    -
    -
    Cinco Rios
    -
    (in English “five rivers”), define their sound as contemporary Brazilian music influenced by British and alternative rock, with lyrics in Portuguese which search out poetic and melancholic images. Many images may be found among waters and sonorous harmonies, like a joining together of many tributaries.
    Their sound promises the richness of a river, the confluence of styles, rhythms, and melodic ideas, giving this band from Minas Gerais Brazil an authentic sound of their own.
    -
    -
    Joanna Connor
    -
    Biography by Richard Skelly
    What sets Joanna Connor apart from the rest of the pack of guitar-playing female
    blues singers is her skill on the instrument. Even though Connor has become an accomplished singer over time, her first love was guitar playing, and it shows in her live shows and on her recordings.
    Brooklyn-born, Massachusetts-raised Joanna Connor was drawn to the Chicago blues scene like a bee to a half-full soda can.
    -
    -
    SHINE (Spain)
    -
    free downloads
    -
    is a rock band formed in 1995 in A Coruña Spain by Joel Varela. Current band members are Joel Varela. (vocals and guitar), Miguel Thomas (guitar), Iago Blanco (percussion and backup), and Álex Rapitis (bass).
    In 1995 two classmates decided to put together a music band. A band that
    would allow them to express their feelings, frustrations, emotions, joys and sadness, but above all a way to enjoy the music that was being so influential during this time.
    -
    -
    Gamma Ray Blast
    -
    free downloads
    -
    from Portugal
    «Portuguese musician José Paulo Andrade is a former member of 80’s urban folk band Ocaso Épico (bass player), known for its mind-blowing performances at the extinct lisbon venue Rock Rendez Vous (RRV). He also played guitar in a rock band called V12
    -
    -
    Dementio13 Feat Pixieguts
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Dementio13 in Cardiff Wales makes dark and eclectic electronica that encompasses funky electro, sinister atmospheres, chilled out beats, dark drum n bass and all points in between.
    Pixieguts is a vocalist/media artist in Queensland Australia making music in cyberspace with artist/producers around the globe. Trip-hop, idm, drum & bass, trance, techno, vocal electronica.
    -
    -
    Barbarian Warriors In Search Of Wisdom
    -
    Quite impressive , , from Brazil.
    Horde idealized on July 1995 by Crom Wisdom Worshipper, after parting ways with Dark Subconscious - his former band with members of the act now known as Tuatha de Danann. After years of struggle, Barbarian Warriors in Search of Wisdom is now releasing their debut album, in a completely independent way: “Paganheart”. With a length of 77:40 minutes, this craft is a journey through 9 hymns. The highlight would be the title track - a majestic epic running for 30:33 minutes.
    Their cries and poems deal mostly with Paganism, the old times, ancient wisdom,
    the Medieval Age, ancestral cultures, and the quest for knowledge.
    -
    -
    Benflos
    -
    Alternative rock band from Rio with a flare for the dramatic.
    a name that may sound strange on first hearing, a strangeness that is sometimes
    reflected in their sound. The themes of their lyrics go from introspective reflections,
    movie-like imagery, quotes, as well as lyricism, and subtle touches of humor. The
    sound runs from dissonant textures to sunny atmospheres. For those seeking a more objective and simple definition, Benflos is a rock band.
    -
    -
    nurband
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Alternative rock from Portugal.
    -
    -
    Metricks
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Portuguese
    Metricks is a diverse artist with a broad body of work, all of which displays a high
    degree of originality and quality music production. His aproach to music is diverse
    and expansive, nevertheless there is always a blueprint of unique personal expression and emotion present. Metricks is native to Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal), a city of multi racial crossovers of cultures and people, and of course of different music, and musical sensibilities.
    -
    -
    Subsollo
    -
    free downloads
    -
    Tomás Rodrigues, or Subsollo, is from Brazil and has worked with musical production for seven years. He is specialized in electronic music, and his main references are jazz, hip-hop, house, trip hop and bossa nova.
    Subsollo is graduated in publicity and has a major interest in the independent music
    market. In his monograph, he discusses the independent phonographic market and its new technologies. The monograph provokes a reflection about the cultural market and the use of new communication and production tools as a main ally in the distribution and advertisement of artistic products.
    -
    That's all folks. Cheers:

Redigerad av kb7clx den 20 okt 2008, 19:58
    • kb7clx sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2008, 19:51
    • istanbul sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2008, 10:48
    Could you please connect my music to the group as well?

Dag og Sivilarbeiderne

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.