The Sitch/Roll Call!

• Delsaber sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jan 2006, 11:24

The Sitch/Roll Call!

Here's how it was: last.fm has been around for a while. In that time, groups have started up for pretty much everything, including Firefly. There are two other groups similar to this one already. So why did I make another one? Two reasons.

One, both those groups have since died a slow, lingering death thanks to their leaders vanishing on us. They now just kinda sit there gathering dust all depressing-like. Neither of them even had any connections or much of a following to speak of.

Two, the ability for users to revolt when situations such as the above occur has been disabled indefinitely. So rather than wait until indefinitely happens, I figured I'd start my own Browncoats group! With blackjack, and hookers! (Okay, maybe just holo-pool and companions - if we're lucky.)

In addition to all that jazz, Universal shut down their Serenity message board very recently. A mass exodus ensued towards a newer, stronger, faster, better kind of forum. A Browncoats 2.0, if you will. Hence the name of this shiny place. And because "Browncoats" was already taken by one of the aformentioned groups.

So that about susses it all up. Time for roll call! Over on the new message board I am known as A.W. Rossman, but your own familiarity with that place is strictly optional (I don't post much myself.) Welcome and enjoy.

• pocki sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jan 2006, 20:51
    since title said roll call I suppose I'll stand up and say Hello!
    just joined cause I ventured to check my list of music and glanced over at my joined groups realising "hell, I haven't joined a Firefly group!"
    so here I am

I'm Pocki, and I'm from Sweden and I love Firefly very very much and I listen to music XD

if you're active at as above speaker called "Browncoats 2.0" you may recognize me. Pocki there too ^^

wonder anything just ask

keep flying~

Eternities aren't as long as they used to be~
    • Xanilus sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jan 2006, 07:01
    Just as Pocki mentioned above, I realized I hadn't joined any Firefly groups, thus my existence here. (To be honest, I realized I hadn't joined ANY groups... and figured Firefly would be the best place to start. ^^)

Name's Xanilus. I cruise the 'verse listenin' to good tunes and meet'n people. Not a shabby way to live, I'd wager.

I'm not active over at the previously mentioned board, but that doesn't make me any less a browncoat. Just lazy. X3

Anyway, I'm out. Keep it shiny.

Take me out
    To the black
    Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.☆
    • Delsaber sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jan 2006, 23:15
    Hey, check it out, our charts are flowing now. And for the first time that I've seen, the top artists actually reflect the nature of the group! Word.

• Shiny!
    I'm new to this fm thingy and was just lookin' 'round hopin' ta find something that might strike my fancy and sure enough, here I am.
    The name's dunkkelpferd and I ain't from anywhere particular, just like all sorts of music.
    I've been a fan of Firefly for 'bout two years now so I'm always happy ta see fellow browncoats. Makes me feel at home no matter where I am at the moment.

• LohGam sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2006, 18:18
    'Lo

Big Firefly fan, but became a fan through a pretty round about way. Last year, I started reading Astonishing X-Men which happened to be written by Mr. Whedon. Up to that point, I'd only known him as Mr. Buffy, and because of the stigma attached to that show I didn't think too highly of him. Astonishing blew me away! Each issue was better than the last, and it forever converted me to the way-of-Whedon.
    I hadn't really heard too much about Firefly, though. But, when the owner of my local comic shop offered me some passes to see Serenity, I couldn't turn them down. The movie kicked my ass, and I immediately went out to find the Firefly DVDs. And here I am.

• In the midst of procrastinating on an English lit paper I am supposed to be writing, I decided to poke around last.fm and search for new groups to join. How could I not have a Firefly/Serenity group on my list?!

Fan of Joss since Buffy began, watched Firefly from the beginning as well and now console myself by watching the dvds as much as I can.

Don't tease me about my hobbies. I don't tease you about being an asshole.

Redigerad av october24 den 22 feb 2006, 16:59
    • Shrader sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 feb 2006, 08:22
    "I figured I'd start my own Browncoats group! With blackjack, and hookers!"

"Firefly" fans quoting "Futurama"...something tells me that this is exactly where I belong...

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper saved up acorns for the winter while the octopus watched TV and mooched off his girlfriend. When the winter came, the grasshopper died and the octopus ate all his acorns. Also, he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
    • razumny sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 aug 2006, 10:07
    'lo

Razumny, aka WiseGuy here

Norwegian, male

Love the series, and the movie, and am currently trying to get a hold of the comic book

Carpe Musicum
  • No power in the 'verse can stop you...

Your intro made me think of that quote. This group is giving me shiny happy feelings.

Hi! I'm Elokin. I love the Firefly, as well as the Serenity, the BtVS, and (to a lesser degree) the Angel.

{waves to all}

Mischief Managed
    • bandaids sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2006, 19:47
    I've been a member a while, but I never introduced myself.

I'm Claire, and most messageboards/communities you might find me on, I call myself bandaids, or some variation thereof. I lurk on a few Firefly/Serenity sites. I don't post to many places frequently, but that doesn't mean I'm not there...

I'm in the UK, the south coast (with a London social base), and completely unaware of any local browncoat activity. I'd be delighted to discover there was some.

• CandyLea sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 nov 2006, 19:56
    I'm a Joss-Whore, so was obvious I was going to love Firefly, and I wasn't disappointed.

Live near Newcastle, UK.

I'm a sarcastic b!tch and am completely obsessed with way too many tv shows. I am currently looking forward to getting my Firefly dvd's back after lending them out 6 months ago.

you can fall for pretty strangers and the promises they hold
    • Delsaber sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 nov 2006, 21:17
    Heh, I did the same thing. No doubt my DVDs will come back to me covered in scratches.

• Well g'day, y'all.

So I was suffering insomia quite some time back now, so I threw on the TV. There was this thing that looked vaguely science-fictiony, some kind of space station only they were in a post office. Weird, but kinda cool. Then Jayne says "Why'd y'all order a dead guy?" and I was hooked.

I'm Twitch from Brisbane, Australia. Big shout out to all of you out there.

As for lending out my DVDs, I had to go round to a mate's house with a big stick in order to get them back.

Twitchimus' recent last.fm tracks
    • Delsaber sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 dec 2006, 02:32
    I think I might just buy a new set. Most places around here carry Firefly for less than $30 anyway.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2007, 22:05
    Present.

And 'bout the lending-issue just shoot 'em in the kneecaps. That'll get their attention.

• CandyLea sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 feb 2007, 20:44
    LOL, might have to try that.

Keep watching the extras on the Serenity dvd just to keep me going. The gag reel and the deleted scenes=love!

you can fall for pretty strangers and the promises they hold
  • Name's Hayden... I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though — I have a mighty roar... Also I'm obsessed with Firefly and Buffy, and in good time I'll be obsessed with angel too, but I just Can't afford the dvd's yet, works real slow in these parts.
    I think that Joss is a god, he truly has mastered the concept of the character arc, and for that we must watch his works in total awe :D

I stumbled accross the fiery furnaces song before I'd ever watched an ep of firefly and loved it then, now that I know what she's talking about I love it even more... Does that seem right to you?

(This account is no longer in use. New account here; Marx)
    • Vash1414 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 apr 2007, 09:41
    Alex is the name. I love Firefly and Serenity, got both on DVD - gotta support these guys, no DLing here. Truly a great series/movie. Gorram Fox.

G'day Twitch! I'm a canberran myself. ^_^

See you guys round, I like the music and tv vibe of this group. ^_^

Computers refuse to understand how I am feeling today.
  • Yo!

Name's Mac, and I just kinda stumbled across this group while I was checking up on what last.fm had to say about some of the songs off "Songs from the Black".

So, yeah, here I am.

*hears a thump*

That sounded like the primary buffer panel . . .

ERROR: GOVERNMENT.SYS corrupt
    Reboot Washington, DC? (y/n)

You can't stop The Signal!
    For the latest news and views from the hacker 'verse, nothing beats Off The Hook with Emmanuel Goldstein!
    • dijdij sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2007, 14:06
    I'm David, and have been a member here for a while. Huge fan of all things Whedon, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Serenity 2.

I've just joined The Serenity Browncoats within the last five minutes as Bigdamnuser, and I can't believe I didn't join earlier, there is so much going on there, it's exciting.

I want to live, and I want to love, I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.