Beatles or Oasis?

• Lowdi sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2007, 21:05
    I totally agree with you Franniechan. We can't compare these two bands. I think we would more enjoy the Beatles if we were in the 60's, but now, some happy songs don't sounds the same as before, with the spirit of the hippies... (but i will stop here 'cause I never lived in the 60's!)

BTW, Oasis

• Exactly, sandwich generation people such as myself might like them both. :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 aug 2007, 20:33
    It's kind of a stupid question. The Beatles are better, of course! Who the fuck are Oasis to compare them with The Beatles?

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 27 okt 2007, 16:17
  • Oasis, I was never a fan of the Beatles so i just have to say Oasis.

• franz58 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2007, 16:09
    First of all i never liked Oasis, probably because im a huge Blur fan. But even if wasnt a Blur fan, i would have chosen Beatles.

i think its wrong to compare Beatles with ANY band.

• titi_rs sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2007, 19:56
    that's true.. you can't compare oasis with the beatles.. because there's nothing to compare. without the beatles oasis wouldnt exist.

and #2 .. blur is much better than oasis !

=)

• izeq sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 okt 2007, 14:12
    I say beatles are better. Why? Cause it's true. Any other band was so famous and anybody did such things for pop culture or music.
    That Oasis did ? Och they said 'We can be more famous than beatles'.

• coffeetv sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 okt 2007, 15:30
    Beatles or Oasis?

BLUR!!! (:

• Användare
    • 2 nov 2007, 09:16
    The Beatles for me please!

Oasis will never achieve that level of songwriting.

• Användare
    • 4 nov 2007, 15:21
    It might be pretty hard for you guys that dont listen to oasis everyday to understand this, but you have no idea how much good work oasis has done, some of their unreleased songs beat most bands BEST songs out there... i grew up with oasis, it is and will always be my favorite band, its like a lifestyle.. i dont dislike beatles..
    I agree, if oasis were in the 60's they would have been bigger..
    talking about influence, i dont know to be honest, you think beatles only got the good ideas?.. no

• A 1000 times Beatles over Oasis! They have a few good songs, but they're a bad copy of Beatles and they are so annoying and egocentric, I hate them when they act like that! In fact, I prefer Blur over Oasis, at lest they are more original, and they are supported by the former Beatles.

• cita1216 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 dec 2007, 17:35
    The Beatles for sure!

• Användare
    • 5 dec 2007, 05:05
    No offense, but I really believe people who accuse Oasis of copying The Beatles should seriously have their ears checked. It's by far, and I really mean far, the laziest, easiest and truly unfounded critism ever made on a band.

Honestly, if you're saying that you probably never more Oasis than Don't Look Back In Anger and a couple more songs.

Here's a little chronological list of Oasis songs that have musically nothing similar to The Beatles. Don't be shy and have a little listen to some of them.

- Rock'n'Roll Star
    - Shakermaker
    - Up In The Sky
    - Columbia
    - Supersonic
    - Bring It On Down
    - Cigarettes and Alcohol
    - Slide Away
    - Acquiesce
    - Headshrinker
    - Hello
    - Hey Now!
    - Some Might Say
    - Morning Glory
    - Champagne Supernova
    - D'You Know What I Mean?
    - My Big Mouth
    - I Hope, I Think, I Know
    - Go Let It Out
    - Gas Panic!
    - Roll It Over

I didn't go through all their work, it'd be way too long. But I could easily double the number of tracks on that list.

I challenge you : have a listen to five tracks picked randomly or chosen on that list and prove me with decent arguments that they are Beatles rip-offs, and then I swear I'll step down and agree with you. Besides, the list covers their early work, which is influenced more by The Beatles than the recent stuff, so it should be easier.

Have fun.

• Yeah...I think it had to do with how Liam sings and how he idolized Lennon maybe more than anything. Noel's guitar playing is totally distinct as was Harrison's, but totally different from one another's style.

• hrhrh sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jan 2008, 21:37
    anyway... who the fuck oasis are? Beatles ofcourse... xD

shut up!!
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2008, 00:27
    Beatles, without a doubt!

• What a question...Beatles!

• i like oasis more and im a big fan, but the beatles were a better band everybody knows that so yeah the beatles are better for everything they acomplished and couse there isnt any other band that got the world crazy like the beatles did

• biahll sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2008, 03:36
    i love Oasis... but i have to say beatles x)

if you ask one of the gallaghers brothers, they'll agree.

i listen to oasis more than i listen to beatles, but it doesn't change the fact that the beatles are better =D

• Användare
    • 11 feb 2008, 10:03
    BEATLES

• * biahll said...
    * 2 Feb 2008, 03:36

i love Oasis... but i have to say beatles x)

if you ask one of the gallaghers brothers, they'll agree.

No, they won't.They'll say Oasis is the best band ever.

But you can't compare them,60's and 90's are very different

• Användare
    • 18 feb 2008, 04:16
    I love them equally but in diffrent ways. Oasis is and will always be the band that made me fall in-love with music!

• Användare
    • 18 feb 2008, 18:38
    uummmmmm
    beatles :/

• Användare
    • 5 mar 2008, 19:54
    OASIS[/i]

• LCDBill sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 mar 2008, 19:58
    Beatles, because without them, there wouldn't be Oasis.

Live Forever is the best track by either of them

If ignorance is bliss then I'm in
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.