What is a British artist?

• hdsander sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 aug 2009, 15:22

What is a British artist?

Has she to be born and raised in UK or do we also list artists (actually) living in UK?

♫ not a day without music ♫ Dieter
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 aug 2009, 21:16
    Well, I prefer those who are born in the UK, or at least have a british dad or ma. :)

• hdsander sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 aug 2009, 23:52
    That's a good rule.

I'm still checking my favorite artists (yes, I have a very lot of them). For instance was I thinking for long time that Terra Naomi would be a British artist because she was living in London when I discovered her.

♫ not a day without music ♫ Dieter
    • Användare
    • 17 aug 2009, 23:37
    grape-wine said:
    Well, I prefer those who are born in the UK, or at least have a british dad or ma. :)

Are you two talking about me now?!? :P

• Användare
    • 17 aug 2009, 23:40
    Haha you´re no musician,isn´t? Sooo, I sadly have to tell you that we don´t talk about you. :P

• Användare
    • 12 okt 2009, 06:07
    Should be those born within the UK, or at least spent the majority of their lives here.

• IanAR sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 aug 2010, 07:49
    hdsander said:
    I thinking for long time that Terra Naomi would be a British artist because she was living in London when I discovered her.
    Yes! If an artist's signed to One Little Indian, records her first notable solo album in London & makes many formative collaborations with Brit's - surely she's honorarily English! Plus, we love pixies in Blighty! :D Ian

• I would say to qualify as British you would need to be born here or at least spent your formative years in the UK. I don't believe those that have parents that are British should be allowed if they themselves haven't spent time in the UK.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.