tagging Marley songs

• heelalo sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jan 2008, 22:49

tagging Marley songs

it's a pity that in the global charts the listenings are divided between 'Bob Marley' and 'Bob Marley & The Wailers' while it's the same songs. It could get an overall better rating when all songs were tagged correctly.
    Well, I know it's not that important, but i just want to point out here.

IMO, all songs should be tagged 'Bob Marley & The Wailers' except the songs from Catch A Fire and Burnin' albums (-> 'The Wailers'). I'm talking about the Island era songs here. Earlier songs would be more difficult to tag correctly, I think.

Nobody probably cares ;) doesn't matter.

Big up to you all!
    ites!

' None but ourselves can free our minds '
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2009, 19:16
    i have it done it so that everything from burnin' and earlier are tagged as "the wailers" and everything from rasta revolution onward tagged as "bob marley & the wailers."

i also have a few unofficial compilation albums that i have tagged as simply "bob marley".

• Användare
    • 27 maj 2009, 05:54
    i have tagged all songs as "Bob Marley"...

• Användare
    i have tagged all songs as "Bob Marley"...

• Användare
    doublepost :O

• montie23 sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 feb 2011, 21:14
    This thread seems quite dead but I'll give it a go anyways. I never understood the use of "Bob Marley & The Wailers" instead of "Bob Marley and The Wailers". All the albums use "and The". I get the correction cymbal next to all my "Bob and" tracks. Amazon uses "and The" Just nit picking. I use both "The Wailers" and "Bob Marley and The Wailers" depending on when it was recorded. I also use "Bob Marley" for interviews and recording like the Bedroom Tapes or the Yevit Accoustic Tape.

http://lastfm.gammalyrae.com/]http://lastfm.gammalyrae.com/output/collage/topalbums/montie23,overall,6,8,white.jpg[/img
    • Användare
    • 23 sep 2011, 16:15
    Revolution Rock.

• montie23 said:
    I never understood the use of "Bob Marley & The Wailers" instead of "Bob Marley and The Wailers".

I personally prefer using "&" because it means the same and it's universal.
    For latin artists i use & also instead of Y, that way the artist tag remains the same in my country. In my country & = En, in english & = and and in spanish & = y, and just & is the same for all :-)

As for Bob Marley & The Wailers, i agree with Heelalo.
    Especially if the LP's have the name Bob Marley & The Wailers on them, they are sold as the group, so i think it should be tagged as Bob Marley & The Wailers, it's their album.
    The albums Bob Marley made as a solo artist, i don't know which those are exactly, but ok, they should be tagged as Bob Marley.

But Bob Marley & The Wailers is just the bandname, it has nothing to do with the Wailers.

Also for instance the album Burnin' should be tagged as The Wailers, because that was how the band was called.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.