THE TJOLGTJAR ORGY: 20+ hours of radio featuring the Rev. JR Preston of Tjolgtjar…

• THE TJOLGTJAR ORGY: 20+ hours of radio featuring the Rev. JR Preston of Tjolgtjar 1/8, 1/9, 1/14

Tjolgtjar's gloriously weird one-man basement black metal is the creation of The Reverend JR Preston, an old school metalhead from the bowels of Illinois who has created his own transcendental cult called "Tjolgtjar". Since 1996, The Rev has been recording and releasing a constant stream of demos under the Tjolgtjar name, rocking a stumbling mix of raw basement black metal, primitive thrash, and drunken 70's rock, loaded with all sorts of crazy psychedelic sounds, freaked out acid rock guitar leads, haunted house organs, and some of the weirdest, most bizarre vocals ever. (A reviewer for a zine in Malaysia a few years back wrote that the Reverend had a vocal style like "an evil Donald Duck," a comparison that the Reverend explicitly approves of. ) Many of his recordings were allegedly composed in trance state entirely in the language of the spirit, "Tjolgtjarium code," with lyrical themes dealing with time and space travel, drug use, Satan, radio transmissions from the future, drifting through timeless light, demons that are corrupting wormholes, the world never ending, using dark magic for the benefit of all mankind, and so forth. The Tjolgtjar orgy explores the Reverend's work in all of his twisted projects, including Blood Cult, MMFHL ("Magical Man From Happy Land"), Enbilulugugal, Bloodwoods, Raw Hatred, Burning Blood, the 8-bit "NES Black Metal" project Xexyz, and more, including rare and unreleased tracks and an exclusive interview with the Reverend himself.

Tune in to 95.3 FM in the greater Boston area, or webcast via www.whrb.org.

Th. 1/8/09 10pm-5am
    F. 1/9/09 10pm-5am
    W. 1/14/09 10pm-???

Brought to you by the Record Hospital -- www.recordhospital.org

• (Broadcast times in EST)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jan 2009, 08:56
    Sounds like something I'd be interested in but would then listen to and find myself extremely disappointed when I actually listen to the music. Words like 'Raw', 'Basement' and 'Primitive' are early warnings really.

Also, also, also! Starting whole threads to advertise bands is lame. K.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jan 2009, 10:41
    But this was enlightening. I'd seen a bunch of albums with that logo and wondered wtf it said ;-) Now I know.

• I don't think you'd be disappointed. That was the promo we came up for the radio station program guide, I'll admit it's a bit cheesy and aimed toward a more general audience -- check out his stuff and decide for yourself. We're not affiliated with the band at all, just two metal enthusiasts with a radio show...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.