Where is Lady Gaga?

• h0spid sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2010, 11:24

Where is Lady Gaga?

She released her second album "The Fame Monster" on November 18, 2009 and since that time a lot of her songs from that album, for example Speechelss, Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro was at first places in Last.fm week charts during all the 2010 year.

And after all of that she is not in Best of 2010. Why? =)

• Simple reason h0spid: In a lot of countries The Fame Monster wasn't actually a new album, it was packaged as a reissue.

We treated it as such in this year's chart, not least because of the advantage it had in bundling former hits - the music that put her at #1 last year - alongside new cuts.

I imagine she'll be on top next year with Born This Way... but we'll have to find out what the scrobbles say in twelve months.

• h0spid sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2010, 13:39
    Thank you for the detailed explanation and merry xmas to you =)

• And to you h0spid!

• R-R-P sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2010, 15:45
    This is not fair, if Lady Gaga was the number 41 your arguments could be ok, but The Fame Monster has more than 21.000.000 of scrobblings. It's the album with more scrobblings this year. I'm sorry but this IS NOT FAIR. She should be the number one but actually it's not in the top 40... it sound ridiculous.

• R-R-P We applied it to more people than just Lady Gaga. The reason we have the rule about re-releases and complications is to make sure we're consistent and fair.

• "This year’s chart was compiled by looking at scrobbles for albums released between 1st October 2009 and 31st October 2010."

It's a shame because Paramore released their newest album on 29th September. They surely would have reached the Top 10 if it was released a few days later?

• runwithvampires They actually made it into last year's chart with Brand New Eyes anyway - http://www.last.fm/bestof/2009/chart/17

• Cek_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 dec 2010, 18:49
    I was a bit disappointed too when i see that Lady GaGa wasn't in the top, but I understand the reason ;) I hope she will be in the top next year!

Cek_
  • [Troll posting removed by moderator]

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 16 dec 2010, 00:02
  • [Troll posting removed by moderator]

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 16 dec 2010, 00:02
  • Sepia_ Verve - Yes.

Gaga is a spectacle, not a musician. She's something some people think is strange and interesting to look at, but that's why she dresses and acts as she does. She doesn't do it from a genuine place. Besides that, she doesn't have anything to say. Her songs have all been sung before. WEAK. I think the same goes for more than a handful of the *cough* artists in the top 40.

Last.fm, I love you, but I think you all really biff it when it comes to year-end lists.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a spoof of what I used to be.
  • yikes

well I echo ^ this sentiment, if I'm allowed..

• yikes

well I echo ^ this sentiment, if I'm allowed..

• mrsheret said:
    runwithvampires They actually made it into last year's chart with Brand New Eyes anyway - http://www.last.fm/bestof/2009/chart/17

Oh yeah! I knew they were in the 09 chart but forgot it had anything to do with brand new eyes.

• Hmm, Muse didn't make it to this list as well. What happened?! They were in almost every chart in groups where I've visited..

• boexjeroen - The Resistance wasn't valid, they released it in September 2009

• lol, okay music dissenters. ~*gaga not up 2 my music standards*~

• Okay, thanks mrsheret. Too bad it wasn't valid :p

• larsha92 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 apr 2011, 15:43
    lady gaga? wow......

• I love my Lady GAGA Thanks

• Tuvalu51 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 feb 2012, 13:12
    Somewhere on beach

• Gemlab sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2012, 10:04

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 13 feb 2014, 08:54
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.