• BehzadSh sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 dec 2009, 13:56

failed to tune in station!

hi,
    every time I tried to tune in any station this error message appear
    "Failed to tune in station. This station is only available to subscribers"
    what this means?
    How could I add a song to my loved songs?

I'm using Banshe 1.5.2 (1.6 beta 3)
    thanks

• the message means you can't listen to the stream unless you're a subscriber here at last.fm

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2009, 17:39
    I ended up subscribing for a month to try it out. Though I'm somewhat confused in that I thought US listeners didn't need to be subscribers to receive streams.

• Användare
    • 25 dec 2009, 20:03

still problems

heyho, sorry to tell you:
    1.) from Germany
    2.) subscribe since July and until January (so far ;-) )
    3.) already granted access to banshee

restults
    i still can't play my songs, that s...s!

• Användare
    • 25 jan 2010, 11:45
    It works again since Banshee 1.6 Beta 3 (1.5.2)
    @basotl: you have to be a subscriber to use other players. last.fm player works for non subscribers.
    @mathume: When you allowed banshee to access your last.fm account, you have to click the reload button next to the authorize button. (Settings, source specific, last.fm).

• Användare
    • 2 feb 2010, 08:53
    Hej...
    beskyddaren sagte:
    the message means you can't listen to the stream unless you're a subscriber here at last.fm

For me, it does not work too! But actually that is not dependent on the subscribing stuff. If you want to listen to Last.fm streams such as Neighbours or similar artists using Amarok or Rhythmbox it works. So there is something wrong with Banshee and that HAS TO BE FIXED !!! I'm waiting for that sine October 09!
    Right now Banshee is fine in all other things. It's e.g. the only player on linux that is able to put Music on my MTP Creative Zen including the covers. The Last.fm radio issue is the only thing that is 100% annoying!

• warakurna79 said:
    Hej...
    beskyddaren sagte:
    the message means you can't listen to the stream unless you're a subscriber here at last.fm

For me, it does not work too! But actually that is not dependent on the subscribing stuff. If you want to listen to Last.fm streams such as Neighbours or similar artists using Amarok or Rhythmbox it works. So there is something wrong with Banshee and that HAS TO BE FIXED !!! I'm waiting for that sine October 09!
    Right now Banshee is fine in all other things. It's e.g. the only player on linux that is able to put Music on my MTP Creative Zen including the covers. The Last.fm radio issue is the only thing that is 100% annoying!

Actually, Banshee is more correct than Rhythmbox (and probably Amarok, too). Rhythmbox still works because it's still using the old, deprecated radio API, which could be switched off whenever Last.fm feels like it. Banshee is correctly using the new 2.0 API which doesn't allow third party apps to stream radio to non-subscribers. It's a bummer, but it's last.fm's fault, not Banshee's.

• mary-c sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 feb 2010, 19:13
    Use new Last.fm 2.0 API Subscribers will once again be able to stream music from Last.fm. Unfortunately, Last.fm has changed its policies (and started enforcing them with the 2.0 API) such that non-subscribers cannot stream music via third party applications, including Banshee.

Source: http://banshee-project.org/download/archives/1-5-2/

• mary-c sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 feb 2010, 19:49
    This is a really disappointing development.
    Not allowing third party clients is no reason for a subscription. It only is annoying for every user who doesn't like the official client.
    If the last.fm-team want to have more paying customers it should consider to offer more features for subscribers instead of restricting all the others.

Is there an official statement to this? Wasn't able to find anything.

• This really is an incredible pain! Admittedly, its not that expensive to subscribe, but why should we have to when we can still listen for free with a minimized browser?

Anyway, in case anyone's interested I found that by using the RSS link to your "recommended downloads" in Banshee's podcast section, you can get those tracks to appear in your player and have them updated whenever new recommendations come up! It's not a long list but still ...

• Suho82 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2010, 11:09
    Hi there,
    I read this discussion. I changed from Rhythmbox to Banshee Player. The reason was the great support for my I-Pod within Banshee Player. And same like most of yours I was really disappointed by the Last.fm plug-in. But I have to say, that in may case, Rhythmbox had also problems with playing Last.fm. When I started the plug-in I always had the same 5 songs back and forth. I don't know who's to blame for that. It might be even myself.
    I hope that the implementation problem will be solved. Otherwise I have to search for some other interactive Radio Station. But that would be a Bummer.

• Too Bad

Just switched to Banshee; not going to allow a radio stream to choose my software for me, off to shoutcast. So long and thanks for all the fish.
    P.S. I would have been willing to put up with advertisements on the free stream, but otherwise not interested in a payed subscription unless it comes with download rights to the music that's streaming.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.