Essential supplies for festival?

• B_Rex sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 aug 2006, 19:34

Essential supplies for festival?

Hey, this will be my first ACL fest that I wasn't buried under graduate school coursework. What's the essential equipment to bring? I'll have a hat, sunscreen and water, of course.
    What kind of portable chair is best for the crowds? Low, lounge, or regular sized? Would it be obnoxious to have a normal sized umbrella for shade?

Is it easier to ride the shuttle, or to ride in on a bike?

• pocket poncho
    hand held GPS (I know. Nerd.)
    plastic flask
    if it looks like rain, water shoes. If your fashion sense is too offended, then bring a change of socks.

Can't say about the bike, but based on other events I'd say take the shuttle.

I void warranties. If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it.
  • Walkie talkies
    sun screen

• Eptiger sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 sep 2006, 05:11
    Water (2 big bottles, that's the max), sunscreen, and a portable chair (preferably one in a long sack that you can wear as a sling over your shoulder to carry around) are the only real necessities. I assume you have a cell phone in case you lose your friends. I would carry a bandana that you can wear around your mouth in case of another dust storm like last year.

Umbrellas aren't allowed unless they're the small travel kind, and I wouldn't use it to block the sun, just bring a cap instead for that purpose. You may piss people off with that.

I'd recommend wearing loose clothes that you wouldn't mind getting dirty. I don't think fashion is really all that important in the heat we're likely to experience. You're probably going to end up smelling like a foot by the end of the day anyway.

• I just remembered one more thing . . . .

YOUR TICKET!!!

• cdjones sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 sep 2006, 02:18
    looks like rain, so kudos to the water shoes and i would add a poncho. unless you dont care about water like me, then the river shoes should suffice.

• don't be one of the jerks who puts their dumb blanket right in front of the stage then gets angry when people step on it.

• I'm sorry, I thought your blanket was a welcome mat.

I void warranties. If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it.
  • i didn't even know there was a festival! i can't wait to go, and since i live in phx, it's semi-convenient. who played at the most recent festival?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2007, 18:40
    bring a camelbak water backpack, you'll have nice cool water and a place to keep all your sunscreen and goodies :D

gum is always always a safe bet, if you're thirsty/cottonmouth/beer breath

be prepared and have fun!

• dave-tx sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jun 2007, 23:52

Water bottle tip

Here's a tip to help keep cool...freeze your water bottles. You'll have a nice, slowly-melting bottle of portable coolness.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.