• The Cat Empire

So then Aussie people, who loves the cat empire? which other bands should a cat empire fan look out for?

Whats your fave cat Empire song?

and other cat empire questions...

Hello all by the way.

My last played song is in my profile (if I'm lucky)
    • beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2005, 14:50
    you can't be saved.

sorry :(

• Nichers sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2005, 17:21
    I like the band.

I just don't listen to them much lately, because there are other bands I also like.

• I'm lovin' the amiga AV very nice

What other bands should I check out then, to give my mrs a break from the CE

My last played song is in my profile (if I'm lucky)
  • Check out G. Love and Special Sauce, they have a similar sound to TCE, IMO.

• Nichers sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 feb 2005, 05:55
    I've been on a Gomez and Lamb binge lately, apart from going through the latest JJJ hot100 a few times.

• bert88 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2005, 05:54
    I love the cat empire.
    Seen them 3 times - once at homebake, once at a signing and once at Darling harbour.
    Haven't heard the new album yet. Any good?

If I could just say a few words, I'd be a better public speaker!
    • LachyC sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 7 mar 2005, 12:18
    i saw them at a womadelaide sideshow for $5. good fun, AND Ian Perrie was there.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2005, 03:01
    What? ian perrie? how come i didn't hear about this. I missed out.

(edit - and why didn't it make the ian perrie forum)

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 8 mar 2005, 06:22
    • Richaod sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2005, 12:12
    I think they're pretty good. Songs like The Wine Song and Manifesto are hugely underrated. Two Shoes wasn't nearly as good an album as their debut though; it lacks the energy.

• Användare
    • 22 sep 2005, 12:57
    I'll say this for them: they're not the worst band ever.

• ed_d sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 sep 2005, 13:29
    Have a listen to Custom Kings (another Melbourne band).

http://www.customkings.com.au/

edit: by the way I'm not much of a fan of The Cat Empire although some songs are alright.

If you're interested in Australian hip-hop join here -> Aussie Hip-Hop
    Like watching AFL? Then join here -> AFL
    Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    Also check out my web site -> http://www.whoopwhoop.com.au
    Redigerad av ed_d den 22 sep 2005, 13:30
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2005, 01:27
    I take pity on you. The Cat Empire truly suck. But if you're looking for good Australian music, try Thirsty Merc, The Camels and The Beautiful Girls. And for something a little less mainstream, Phonograph as well while you're at it. Phonograph actually have a group on here somewhere, you should definetly check it out! :O)

• ed_d sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2005, 08:31
    Thirsty Merc??? AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can understand you giving shit about The Cat Empire but then you recommend Thirsty Merc??? That's a bit rich!

Edit: looking at your profile I pity you.

If you're interested in Australian hip-hop join here -> Aussie Hip-Hop
    Like watching AFL? Then join here -> AFL
    Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    Also check out my web site -> http://www.whoopwhoop.com.au
    Redigerad av ed_d den 21 okt 2005, 08:33
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2005, 12:19
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Thanks dude, appreciate it!! :O)

• mathewf sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 okt 2005, 04:06
    No, she's right. Thirsty merc aren't all that bad, & The cat empire shit me to tears.

& Sneckster Anything in those 'top 10/20/30/40' shitamofo charts should suit a budding cat empire fan as yourself.

8 months! This thread is old.

• I hardly know The Cat Empire, but I don't like 'em. You can quote me on that if for some reason you would like to.

• Användare
    • 31 okt 2005, 08:02

Re:

Quoth formerlyknownas:
    I hardly know The Cat Empire, but I don't like 'em. You can quote me on that if for some reason you would like to.

• Way to take my quote out of context, jerk.

• Cat Empire

love them..
    only got the one album but fav song has to be the Wine Song... fav lyric is "2o'clock in the arvo but hey that's allowed!" love it!

and however it was higher up in the post that said, G Love and Special Sauce are similar.. i couldn't think of anything more wrong! - G Love is american and depressing. Cat Empire is uplifting.. and brass! - i dn't hear any trumpets in G Love. The opening to HELLO by cap empire is what cat empire is all about

• duellsy sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2005, 14:56
    De Jah Groove
    If your in melbourne, head down to the evelyn on wednesday night and check them out

Visit www.loudnlocal.com for info on Australian Music (gigs, lyrics, artist info, venue info, news)
  • Re: Cat Empire

Quoth freddiebradley:
    G Love and Special Sauce are similar.. i couldn't think of anything more wrong! - G Love is american and depressing. Cat Empire is uplifting.. and brass! - i dn't hear any trumpets in G Love. The opening to HELLO by cap empire is what cat empire is all about

Yeah, I don't know what I was on when I wrote that, although I don't think that they are depressing. A band that really is similar to TCE though is Unleash the Nugget. They've got the horns, the Aussie accent, the funk, etc. You can download some tracks of theirs here.

• halften sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2006, 13:29
    The Cat Empire are excellent for drunken summer festival dancing. Anyone can dance to them and sing along. It's a great time. I wouldn't listen to them much out of that context though. And their self titled album is much better than their last one.

• Richaod sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2006, 11:41

Re:

Quoth nymphadora:
    Thirsty Merc

Generic mainstream rock doesn't get more generic or mainstream than that.

I wholeheartedly agree with ed_d. At least The Cat Empire are fairly original.

• THe best Cat Empire song would have to be The Chariot. It's very uplifting and catchy. As for Thhirsty Merc, If you want good aussie rock, turn away. The Butterfly Effect, Shihad(pacifier as they were known for a while), Cog and Karnivool are what you want to listen to. (Are Karnivool aussie? I think i heard it on triple J but im not sure)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.