favourite song?

• favourite song?

currently African Queen
    (appeared on both The Great Pablo and Skanking with Pablo, couldn't find it as part of any of his non-compilation releases though)
    i like the song because the melody is perfectly suited to the whimsicality and childishness of the melodica and yet (i'm not really into the jargon, so i can't really put my finger on what exactly i'm talking about, but i hope you see what i mean) there is something in the sound or the production, some tightness and deliberateness that could only be the product of a mature and conscious mind putting itself to good use

• Fiat 125

I've recently seen an exhibition on folk instruments from around the world, and it struck me: Pablo is unique and unimitable because he handles the melodica as it were a traditional instrument of some West African community. It was quite a revelation, give it a thought the next time you listen to his musings on the little flute. Or tell me off for being a moron, whichever is more appropriate.

• Z77z sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 nov 2008, 21:16
    • KINGINGA sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2009, 02:03
    East of the River Nile! The version on his Gold album is great too!

• there´s a lot of good songs, but i have to said at this moment i am alright is so nice(vocals by dillinger?)

• I'm sure that's not Dillinger:), I have no clue who it might be...
    But the song's really good, it's been a long time I listened to it.
    My Pablo favourite is Thriller. Many past favourites, but this seems to be lasting.

• iyers sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 9 okt 2009, 10:03
    Cassava Piece is probably my all time fave....then Up Wareika Hill.

• petic sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 okt 2009, 17:00
    iyers said:
    Cassava Piece is probably my all time fave....then Up Wareika Hill.

- have to agree with Up Warika Hill (not sure about the spelling: Warrika, Warricka...) :-)

• love pablo

Drum song n Eastern promise so wicked :))

~~~ irie ites ~~~
    • Nixfi sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2009, 11:31
    Java Original!. Can you dig it?

• blueyz sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2010, 03:26

favourite song?

just about..one thousand swords...

• King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
    ...it's probably Carlton Barrett's wickedest drum pattern on this track!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.