Audioscrobbler.app 0.9.13

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 29 jul 2009, 12:08

Audioscrobbler.app 0.9.13

Barely any excess, it should just scrobble and use minimal resources. Right?

http://www.methylblue.com/audioscrobbler/Audioscrobbler-0.9.13.zip

Synopsis

* Global shortcuts for tag, share, love and lyrics lookup
    * If you update the metadata for the playing track in iTunes, it scrobbles with the new metadata
    * Suggests Last.fm’s metadata corrections
    * Scrobbling credentials are stored in your KeyChain
    * Growl notifications show with iTunes artwork
    * Bundles a Dashboard widget that shows the current highest voted artist image
    * Sparkle updates

The Future

Mainly fixes. But I also would like to add fingerprinting and some automatic metadata correction.

Fork it

http://github.com/mxcl/Audioscrobbler.app

Redigerad av mxcl den 16 okt 2010, 10:59
    • bene001 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jul 2009, 14:19
    yeah - that's the app i wanted :D

• Russ sa...
    • Alumni
    • 29 jul 2009, 15:28

Re: OS X only Audioscrobbler

mxcl said:
    Firstly can I say, I am no longer staff. I left 6 weeks ago. Eventually I will lose my red icon, I expect :)

Well now you pointed it out I have no choice ;)

• por sa...
    • Alumni
    • 29 jul 2009, 15:29
    Cool beans

• Exactly what I've been waiting for a long time. Also, thanks for open sourcing it.

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 29 jul 2009, 15:34
    Also a pro-tip, set the Growl notification style for TrackStarted/TrackResumed to "Music Video". It is awesome. I approached the Growl devs about adding config so apps can suggest notification styles and they were pretty anti the concept.

But well anyway, you can click through the music video banner, so your dock can still be used. It just looks awesome IMO. And differentiates track changes from any other growl notifications the apps on your system make.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jul 2009, 00:38
    This is great. Thanks for releasing it. I look forward to iPod support.

• revatman sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jul 2009, 17:00
    quite nice.

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 12 aug 2009, 15:37
    I released 0.9.8: http://bit.ly/EYxFp

Fixed a bug with empty Artists stopping scrobbling for that session.
    Added feature to prompt you to love tracks you rate 4 stars or above.

If it's already installed just do "Check for updates…"

Redigerad av mxcl den 13 aug 2009, 09:37
    • timmay_x sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 aug 2009, 21:02
    Yes! Very cool! Also rocking the music video growls =]

Also looking forward to iPod support... please?

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 13 aug 2009, 09:38
    Can't make any promises on an iPod scrobbling timeline…

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2009, 18:23
    A good one, thanks a lot!

Feature request: ability to scrobble from which album a song came from.

• A wonderful slim scrobbler. I love how it integrates iTunes with last.fm without being bloated, and have actually disabled last.fm "support" (how come everybody say they support last.fm when all they do is supporting scrobbling, by the way?) in my iTunes controller. Kudos!

What I'd love however is a bit more love for the Love function (yes, very lame pun, but there you go):
    • a global hotkey! There are global hotkeys for Tag and Share, why not for Love?
    • smoother iTunes rating to Love transfer. I'm thinking automatic loving for tracks rated above a certain threshold (hardcoded to 4 stars if you don't want to make that a preference), with a side dish of loving already rated tracks, loving tracks whose rating is raised beyond the threshold, and unloving tracks whose rating is lowered below it (right now, the rate to Love logic of Audioscrobbler only kicks in on previously unrated tracks, and the "click this Growl notice" procedure feels clumsy).
    Track and album related last.fm links would also be a great addition to the widget. Finally, it would be nice for Audioscrobbler to relay the correct player name to last.fm's Now Playing notice, i.e. iTunes :).

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 10 nov 2009, 01:31
    kopischke said:
    a global hotkey! There are global hotkeys for Tag and Share, why not for Love?

Yeah good point, I love more often than I Share or Tag. This is the Last.fm influence in me pushing that. Tagging and Sharing is important for the data.

smoother iTunes rating to Love transfer. I'm thinking automatic loving for tracks rated above a certain threshold (hardcoded to 4 stars if you don't want to make that a preference), with a side dish of loving already rated tracks, loving tracks whose rating is raised beyond the threshold, and unloving tracks whose rating is lowered below it (right now, the rate to Love logic of Audioscrobbler only kicks in on previously unrated tracks, and the "click this Growl notice" procedure feels clumsy).

Sounds reasonable, but I don't really need it so most likely won't be writing it. I'd merge a patch though for sure.

Track and album related last.fm links would also be a great addition to the widget.

Yeah indeed, the widget could use a whole load of stuff. This for sure.

Finally, it would be nice for Audioscrobbler to relay the correct player name to last.fm's Now Playing notice, i.e. iTunes :).This definitely needs to be changed, indeed.

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 10 nov 2009, 01:31
    dr_zepsuj said:
    Feature request: ability to scrobble from which album a song came from.

We do scrobble the album, so it's up to Last.fm to show that data.

• mxcl sa...
    • Alumni
    • 10 nov 2009, 02:26
    I just built 0.9.9.

This is built for 10.5 (32bit) and 10.6 (64bit). It has a number of memory fixes that Xcode 3.2's static analysis compiler found.

Scrobbles identify as originating from iTunes now.

Using Growl Framework 1.2.

Notably the 64 bit binary appears to use a lot more RAM… So you may want to edit the Info.plist and force it to be 32 bit. But that's daft in a way because it means OS X has to load the entire graphical stack into RAM again, so you lose either way on 10.6 :(

Sparkle update is available.

• burriko sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 dec 2009, 13:44
    I just wanted to say thanks for this!

I use an old G4 mac mini as basically an itunes server, and have always had trouble finding an audioscrobbler client that did everything i needed, was lean and didn't leak memory or needlessly use cpu cycles. This is the first scrobbler for os x that actually meets these criteria.

• onewil sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2009, 22:09
    Thank you. Sad to hear you're no longer at Last.fm but really appreciate your work.

• The best client for osx. Thanks. Keep up the good work!

• iPod Support

Hi,

I'd really like iPod support and would be happy to have a go at writing it. Have no idea where to start though -- could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Andrew

• argasso sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 feb 2010, 19:48
    This is _the client_! Can't wait for 1.0 :-))

• Sorry, I'm new here. I'm confused. What app is running in the screenshots? The AudioScrobbler.app in the 0.99 zip just seems to be a background process.

But the screenshots look a lot like what I was suggesting here:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/602805/1#f11856442

Gorgeous! Great job guys!

• Ok, so I see the app in the menu bar, but it's not actually scrobbling and the dashboard widget is a grey box. I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.2. Is that the issue?

• Nevermind. Figured it out. I don't get the player controls UI though. The rate in iTunes = Love in LastFM is AWESOME!! Totally my idea. :)

http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/505413/1#f8701317

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.