Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.19

• eartle sa...
    • Alumni
    • 24 maj 2012, 16:16

Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.19

Another update!

The app should find the update itself within the next 24 hours or you can download and install the latest version yourself from the links on the group page.

This release is mainly a backend audio upgrade. We updated the phonon library from 4.4 to 4.6 and switched to using the VLC backend for both Windows and Mac. This means that Mac users that had problems transitioning between tracks, this should now be fixed. There are some other minor bugs this has fixed too. Both Windows and Mac users should see some audio playback performance improvements.

Mac users should now be able to use their keyboard's media keys to control the app.

There's a small design improvement to the scrobbles list.

Still looking to fix the ipod and general scrobbling bugs you've mentioned in coming releases, but I hope you enjoy this in the meantime.

Michael Coffey

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • sc8tty sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 18:28

Mac 2.1.19 crashes on launch

2.1.19 will not work for me. I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8 on an open directory server. This is the error I'm experiencing:

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpng15.15.dylib
    Referenced from: /Home/user/Downloads/Last.fm.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
    Reason: image not found

I've gone back to 2.1.18 for now, which is working fine.

he's all action and no theory. we're all theory and no action.
    • Cormannn sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 21:40

Re: Mac 2.1.19 crashes on launch

sc8tty said:
    2.1.19 will not work for me. I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8 on an open directory server. This is the error I'm experiencing:

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpng15.15.dylib
    Referenced from: /Home/user/Downloads/Last.fm.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
    Reason: image not found

I've gone back to 2.1.18 for now, which is working fine.

I can confirm this, running on the same OSX version.

• eartle sa...
    • Alumni
    • 24 maj 2012, 22:28
    Okay. Thanks for pointing this out, guys. The problem has been identified and I'm halting updates on Mac for now. Seems we're relying on a system library that may or may not be there on pre-Lion machines. Should be able to roll out a version that works when I get to the office tomorrow.

See also:
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • evilai sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 24 maj 2012, 22:50
    same here, just updated and now it's b0rked

• ZioBach sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 23:56

Keyboard media keys for windows?

Windows 7 64bit. No bug here for now :)

Some random requests and suggestions:

- Support for media keys in Windows version

- When i click on a similar artist, i'd like to choice between
    A) Show info in client
    B) Show info in browser
    (or an option to always select the favorite mode)
    C) Listen to the radio of the artist

- Why "install plugin" is under "File"? It's a tool! :)

- In the file menu, QUIT = ALT+F4 but it isn't true. Alt F4 = X = Minimize in systray.

I suggest to completely remove the file menu, and add a BIG quit button on the left column (near the beta ribbon, not with other buttons)

- I'd like to change my avatar by right clicking on it.

- I'm available to translate the desktop client in italian if necessary. How can i help?

That's all. I know there is more important fix before this, but add it anyway in your todo list :)

Goodbye and have a nice day/night

• v_allery sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2012, 05:49

Not connecting to the last.fm account

I installed the latest desktop app (on Windows 64bit), but it does not connect to my last.fm account in any browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox). There is no Option "Yes, allow access" anywhere. What should I do?

• Windows 7 64 bit.
    When I listen to the radio and start skip a few tracks the app starts skipping tracks without me pushing button. I don't know if I made myslef clear so here's an example:
    I play a song. -> skip a song ->skip a song ->skip a song ->skip a song ->app picks a song that I want, starts loading wiki and other data, and starts skipping to further songs.
    I want to stress that this problem occured after update to this version. Previously I didn't have such problems.

I don't know if it matters but my laptop has media keys for playing songs, but they are not working with app.

Help?

• Tried to scrobble my iPod 160G several times since the last update to 2.1.1.9, but nothing happened.
    Last.fm just said 'Processing iPod Scrobbles'. But when i opened Diagnostics, It displayed the following error message:

[120526 18:05:47] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Introducing "iPodScrobbler 2"
    [120526 18:05:47] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Directed by Windows 7
    [120526 18:05:47] Twiddling device: "UNKNOWN"
    [120526 18:05:47] QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
    [120526 18:05:47] QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
    [120526 18:05:47] FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Users/Thomas/AppData/Local/Last.fm/iTunesPlays.db"

• gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 26 maj 2012, 21:54
    thomasbuyse said:
    Tried to scrobble my iPod 160G several times since the last update to 2.1.1.9, but nothing happened.
    Last.fm just said 'Processing iPod Scrobbles'. But when i opened Diagnostics, It displayed the following error message:

[120526 18:05:47] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Introducing "iPodScrobbler 2"
    [120526 18:05:47] FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Users/Thomas/AppData/Local/Last.fm/iTunesPlays.db"

I had the same issue with the iPod.

• prosiaczekk said:
    Windows 7 64 bit.
    When I listen to the radio and start skip a few tracks the app starts skipping tracks without me pushing button. I don't know if I made myslef clear so here's an example:
    I play a song. -> skip a song ->skip a song ->skip a song ->skip a song ->app picks a song that I want, starts loading wiki and other data, and starts skipping to further songs.
    I want to stress that this problem occured after update to this version. Previously I didn't have such problems.

I don't know if it matters but my laptop has media keys for playing songs, but they are not working with app.

Help?

I'm getting this too, it also happens when I pause songs.

• gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 26 maj 2012, 22:08

Other issues

I accidentally double click a track in iTunes that I was rating. I realized it the second that it happened so I double clicked the original track and the client stopped scobbling iTunes and scobbled the last track that it detected with no more to be scobbled after that. The client will not scobble itunes if the options window is left open and itunes changes tracks. Window position still not remember and opened to be for the window. Switched back to 2.1.1.8

• Consistently crashing

I've been using the Beta since its 1st release, rarely with any issues... that is until yesterday when I "upgraded" to the latest beta release, version 2.1.19. Now, the player is crashing constantly after it plays a few songs.

• New Version 2.1.19 skips every second to next song and plays nothing. It loops. It can't be stopped, only with task manager!

• Jarri_V sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 maj 2012, 07:45
    my iPod scrobbles aren't being recognised. the overview tells me this file is missing:

FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Users/Jarri/AppData/Local/Last.fm/iTunesPlays.db"

• dobfatch sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2012, 10:15

Cuts every 5 seconds

Since this last update, my client (on Windows 7) is not usable anymore. It behaves as if it was running on a 56k modem (buffer gets empty all the time). I do have more than enough of bandwidth to stream that ... it looks like a bug to me.

By the way I could also experiment the "skip-skip-skip-..." behavior once.

• gworley said:
    thomasbuyse said:
    Tried to scrobble my iPod 160G several times since the last update to 2.1.1.9, but nothing happened.

+1 more. Been having problems for the last few days with this exact same error log. I'd already posted about this in the forum so my 'stats' are in there if you need them. ;)

EDIT: Just tried to scrobble my iPhone 4 and got a similar error.

[120528 17:53:41] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Introducing "iPodScrobbler 2"
    [120528 17:53:41] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Directed by Windows Vista
    [120528 17:53:41] Twiddling device: "UNKNOWN"
    [120528 17:53:41] QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
    [120528 17:53:41] QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
    [120528 17:53:41] FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Users/[DownsideOfLove]/AppData/Local/Last.fm/devices/diagnostic/UNKNOWN/playcounts.db"

• Also having the same issue as above when trying to scrobble my ipod.

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2012, 10:54
    1. Pause a radio stream to lunch.
    2. Play again and notice it skip to the next track.
    3. Start a new radio stream. (I don't remember whether i paused the old one.)
    4. Notice old current song data in Scrobbles pane while the new song plays.

"Refresh Scrobbles" didn't help:

The next track came up and now it matches the actual playing track again.

64-bit Windows 7.

Banning a track before the scrobble point and then switching to the Scrobbles pane skips past about 4 songs! I switched back to the Now Playing pane and then the Scrobbles pane, and then the Scrobbles pane unsynced before my very eyes! (Now Playing and the title bar say "Blessed Union of Souls - I Believe", but Scrobbles now says "Evan And Jaron - The Distance". Diagnostics and Logs say nothing. :(

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
  • DownsideOfLove escribió:
    gworley said:
    thomasbuyse said:

+1 more. Been having problems for the last few days with this exact same error log. I'd already posted about this in the forum so my 'stats' are in there if you need them. ;)

EDIT: Just tried to scrobble my iPhone 4 and got a similar error.

[120528 17:53:41] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Introducing "iPodScrobbler 2"
    [120528 17:53:41] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Directed by Windows Vista
    [120528 17:53:41] Twiddling device: "UNKNOWN"
    [120528 17:53:41] QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
    [120528 17:53:41] QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
    [120528 17:53:41] FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Users/[DownsideOfLove]/AppData/Local/Last.fm/devices/diagnostic/UNKNOWN/playcounts.db"

Me too, I have the same problem with my iPod Shuffle

[120529 22:40:04] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Introducing "iPodScrobbler 2"
    [120529 22:40:04] unicorn::CoreApplication::init() Directed by Windows XP
    [120529 22:40:04] Twiddling device: "UNKNOWN"
    [120529 22:40:04] QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
    [120529 22:40:04] QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
    [120529 22:40:04] FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Documents and Settings/IsselNBK/Configuración local/Datos de programa/Last.fm/iTunesPlays.db"

Even iTunes does not open automatically when I connect the iPod at USB port (therefore, last fm beta client must open too), and I didn't change any option on iTunes.

Apparently iTunes made the scrobbling on its library, but the client also needs to do it.
    In the client, there is the message "processing iPod Scrobbles", but it happens nothing after that.

Itunes: 10.6.1.7
    Lastfm Client: 2.1.1.9 Built Qt 4.8.1

We hope to fix the bug as soon as possible :)

Redigerad av nachokiller666 den 30 maj 2012, 03:10
    • Lafinboy sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 maj 2012, 02:26

Constant skipping

Win7 64

Just started experiencing this. When listening to a station, after a random number of songs the scrobbler will start skipping to the next song without playing anything. Pause and play buttons do nothing to resolve, app has to be shutdown to resolve.

• eartle sa...
    • Alumni
    • 30 maj 2012, 12:03

Mac version now updating

The problem with the Mac version crashing on Snow Leopard was bigger than I originally thought. It's all fixed now and Mac users should be auto-updating from within the app.

Thanks for reporting these problems with the Windows version. It looks like the sqllite plugin is not being found for iPod scrobbling. Should be an easy fix and I'll try to roll one out soon as all iPod scrobbling is not working in 2.1.19. Need to spend some time looking into the track skipping problem though.

See also:
    • kc5f sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 maj 2012, 13:21

Looping on Skip, Volume Control Issue

1) Now, when I skip a tune, it often goes into the loop described by others, with songs flashing by on the screen about one per second without playing anything. "File"/"Quit" and restarting the program fixes the problem.

2) Volume at startup is always at 100%. Changing the volume does not take effect until about 2 seconds after I let up on the mouse button. Previously, it did not start at 100%, and I could use the scroll wheel to adjust the volume and it would take effect as I scrolled.

(Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit)

• Re: Mac version now updating

eartle escribió:
    The problem with the Mac version crashing on Snow Leopard was bigger than I originally thought. It's all fixed now and Mac users should be auto-updating from within the app.

Thanks for reporting these problems with the Windows version. It looks like the sqllite plugin is not being found for iPod scrobbling. Should be an easy fix and I'll try to roll one out soon as all iPod scrobbling is not working in 2.1.19. Need to spend some time looking into the track skipping problem though.

Hint for you about Windows scrobbling issue:

I installed previous beta version (2.1.1.8), and I have no problem to scrobble songs from my iPod.

Check the code on current version and compare that with the older one, maybe with that info you can fix the issue :)

Redigerad av nachokiller666 den 30 maj 2012, 21:21
    • sc8tty sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 maj 2012, 21:19

Could not update from within app

I tried to upgrade to 2.1.19 from within the app but after downloading the installer, I got a message about not being able to move 2.1.18 to the trash. The app was then damaged and would no longer open.

So I trashed it manually and downloaded 2.1.19 from http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler+Beta. It works fine.

he's all action and no theory. we're all theory and no action.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.