Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• Tranzoo said:
    Everytime I begin playing a track, on 0:07 the timeline bellow "scrobbling from" will return 0:00, which effectively prevents me from scrobbling anything. Using radio station things seem to bee ok, but if I play something in my computer it doest this.

Same problem here !!!!!
    And i think it could be better if the profile tab is more complex.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 11:40
    Thanks, this fixes it..

ben-xo said:
    Veneman: the high CPU usage is a known issue to do with display rendering, you can work around this by clicking to a different tab inside the scrobbler such as the recent tracks tab.

• truespin sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 12:03
    Please can we have this app so that it only runs in the menubar and not the dock too?
    Also, is it possible for the app to scrobble music when my iPhone syncs via Wi-Fi? At the moment all of my scrobbles from the iPhone are lost if I use Wi-Fi syncing...

• Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 12:14
    Looks like wi-fi syncing still does not work indeed :(

There's already an old thread about it:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/1016360/1

Any plans to make this work finally?

• mkuzmin sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 12:37
    I'm also waiting for solution of "There was a problem communicating with the Last.fm services" error.

• wildcelt sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 13:01
    Kudos to the devs, the program looks great! I installed on both my Win 7 machine (at work) and my Mac OSX Lion machine (at home). It works quite well on Windows, but I am having a bit of difficulty on the Mac.

It took an extremely long time to find and "register" my iPhone as a device. Also, scrobbling took a very long time (20 minutes or more). I have it set to manually scrobble. It did eventually find the tracks played and stated that it scrobbled X tracks (and even let me look at the tracks scrobbled), but they didn't actually appear on my Scrobbles stream both in the app and on the site.

• djryan sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 15 feb 2012, 14:14

iPod scrobbling

Love the beta so far, but I'm having trouble getting my iPod set up. Having a look at ipodScrobbler.log, I see the error:

[120215 14:09:34] logException() FATAL ERROR: "Could not open C:/Users/Damien/AppData/Local/Last.fm/iTunesPlays.db"

Is there any way to force it to set up for scrobbling as if it's a new iPod?

• Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 15:45

I think they're the DirectShow codecs; one instance seems to stay open for the whole session, while the other instance is spawned once per new track, and released at the end. Possibly used instead of the old mp3 transcoder. Maybe a possibility of other streaming rates than 128k?

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 15:52
    you sure they're anything to do with the client? I don't have em

• Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 15:55
    Maybe they only appear on Windows 7 or Vista, not on XP? What O/S are you using?

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 15:57
    win 7

• Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 16:00
    That's strange; the original poster is on W7 too, and I'm on Vista.
    Perhaps it depends on what codecs were downloaded by WMP (although they only appear for me when playing the radio)

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 16:11
    started a radio, nothing appearing

edit: upon looking further it appears it is ffdshow, which I do not have installed.

k lite?

• Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 16:19
    Not got k lite, but have got Dazzle (Pinnacle) and ADS (Instant DVD)
    Probably installed their codecs in the registry class tree then.

• dankine sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 16:25
    sounds like the culprit.

• percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 17:10
    Everything is working great so far for me. However, I was hoping for some added functionality in version 2: things like multi-artist and multi-tag radios, tag-filtering, a mainstream/obscure slider, the return of Discovery Mode, and boolean controls. And how about global hotkeys? Are any of these features in the works?

• jonafun sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 17:19
    Same problem here, inconsistently, though... sometimes it keeps playing several songs, then sometimes stops, and sometimes stop after each song.

OS X Lion 10.7.3

The_Abhorcosm said:
    I removed and reinstalled the beta, and I still seem to be having a problem that no one else has mentioned.

The client, after each song on the radio, stops playing. The only way to get it to start is to pause the "playing" song, and then click play again.

Is there some easy fix to this that I'm missing?

(Other than that rather huge problem, I'm loving it!)

Edit: Oh, and I'm running OS X 10.6.8.

• offense sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 17:47

Tray icon - skip

The skip function behind the tray icon (right click) would be nice :-)

• tburny sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 feb 2012, 18:16
    Wow, finally....great job! :)

Is there any source code available yet? I would like to try compiling it on Linux :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • fatalyti sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 18:27
    Finally a new version! Looks nice so far.

Some issues and suggestions:

- It doesn't scrobble any track using Windows XP SP3. The time counter resets every 8 seconds no matter which media player I use (tried foobar & WMP). The counter doesn't reset when playing radio but doesn't scrobble the song in the end... weird. This currently bugs me the most as I listen to my music mostly on my Win XP computer. Works perfectly fine with Win 7 though.

- I am missing the stop button for the radio (although the pause button is a great addition, of course!).

- Would be nice to see friend's statistics for tracks or artists on the Now Playing page, or maybe this timeline from the website.

- Missing the different history / recent / my tags pages, too. Five "recent stations" are not really enough for me.

- Support for multi-tag and multi-artist radio would be awesome.

- Maybe a pop-up option for track comments on the Now Playing page would be nice.

- I'd enjoy more and / or deeper statistics and details on the Profile page.

- When I scroll to the bottom of the Scrobbles page, it would be cool if additional recent tracks were loaded and displayed.

- I agree on the localized artist descriptions. I'd like to have them in English when I use the English client.

- I preferred tagging before (with "own tags" and "popular tags") and the tag filtering function was better.

- Integrating Last.fm Boffin would be a blast!

Thanks for hearing us!

sing, sing.
    Redigerad av fatalyti den 16 feb 2012, 12:00
    • percy74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2012, 18:34
    fatalyti said:
    ...It doesn't scrobble any track using Windows XP SP3...

I was just noticing this as well.

• Similar issue to @wildcelt's. The app doesn't recognize my connected devices at all and it won't scrobble any iPod tracks. It just says "Processing iPod scrobbles" perpetually.

"Not even Crowded House gets a 90/10 split."
  • Just tried to install it on my Mac mini:

Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
    1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
    2GB RAM

But I get the message:

You can’t open the application “Last.fm.app” because it’s not supported on this type of Mac.

Any chance we could have a 32-bit build for Snow Leopard?

• queendork said:
    Similar issue to @wildcelt's. The app doesn't recognize my connected devices at all and it won't scrobble any iPod tracks. It just says "Processing iPod scrobbles" perpetually.
    have the same problem :(

...время на часах - Послемрак. Это значит - после наступления темноты, но это - если писать раздельно. А если вместе - что это? Абсолютная тьма? Или, наоборот - то, что наступает после тьмы?
  • D4v1d04 said:
    Can't hide the dock icon (in OS X)... What is this madness!?

Yes please give me the option to run in the background only!

Another thing...I'm sure Spotify is excellent and wonderful and all that, but I'm already juggling iTunes, Last.fm, Pandora and a few others and have no need for Spotify. Is there any we could add a way to disable the dialog box asking where Spotify is?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.