Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• DanysNet sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 maj 2012, 14:36

Re: Client GDI Object Creep

Netweb said:

The client is not recycling GDI Objects, this screenshot is after ~24 hours running with snaps of the GDI Objects every 4-6 hours.

Previously it crashed my PC with ~6,800 GDI Objects. Windows has a limit of 10,000 GDI Objects for the entire operating system and once that limit is hit your graphics in all applications will not render.

My app is now runnin for more than 32 hours in a row - i have between 65-68 GDI Objects. I'm running XP Pro Sp3.

• When is artist description text coming to OSX version?

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2012, 04:32
    The linked double scrobbles are back - I will tray reinstalling again - that seemed to work for a while last time.

FYI, I can only get tracks scrobbled if I go through the diagnostics menu. However, if I sync my iPod to update a playlist or something when I do not have any new plays on the iPod, then the client will resubmit one or more tracks played from iTunes, creating unlinked double scrobbles.

EDIT: Reinstalling the client did not completely get rid of the linked double scrobbles, however, only a subset of my iPod listening session ended up with linked dups while most were scrobbled correctly.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2012, 11:14
    I also got a few duplicates after a caching issue just now: http://www.last.fm/user/c4t2007/tracks

The client (2.1.19) scrobble history looks fine.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
    • Sekhmet9 sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 maj 2012, 18:45
    I seem to be having a problem with the update for the Beta - when I want to skip a track it ends up continuously skipping tracks until I have to change stations when I scrobble from last.fm radio....seems to be the only problem except for the occasional double scrobble.

„Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." ~Mme Marie Sklodowska Curie
    • snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 maj 2012, 22:30
    Sekhmet9 said:
    I seem to be having a problem with the update for the Beta - when I want to skip a track it ends up continuously skipping tracks until I have to change stations when I scrobble from last.fm radio.
    Yeah, this happened to me too, with beta 2.1.19. Skipping a track seemed to flush the rest of the pre-loaded tracklist quickly. A track did start after a number of the skipped tracks went through, though.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 31 maj 2012, 04:32
    One thing I've noticed on 2.1.19 (using WinXP) is that the effect of the volume control is now delayed, making it extremely annoying to use. Move the volume control a little bit, wait 1 second to see if the volume is good, repeat...

• On build 2.1.19 (build on Qt 4.8.2) Mac OSX Lion, 10.7.4
    on the previous build i was on it wouldn't forward on to the next track after a song was over while playing radio.

on this build some of the songs will stop about 1/8 from the end of the track seems like the client maybe queuing up the next track and just hangs.

Doesn't happen all the time but over the last 2 days its happening a lot more

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2012, 19:25
    I just had my first linked double scrobble not related to my iPod while using the beta client 2.1.18. I was listening to a music video obtained from the iTunes Music Store. The client lists two different time stamps for the linked sccrobbles, but when I deleted one of the scrobbles from my Recently Listened To list, both were deleted.

BTW, when I first installed 2.1.19 a few days ago, it wouldn't scrobble anything so I reinstalled 2.1.18. I just tried installing 2.1.19 again today and it appears to be working for me now.

• Sekhmet9 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 04:07
    snyde1 said:
    Yeah, this happened to me too, with beta 2.1.19. Skipping a track seemed to flush the rest of the pre-loaded tracklist quickly. A track did start after a number of the skipped tracks went through, though.

Yeah, sometimes it will hit after cycling through a few tracks but sometimes it just keeps going and going and never hooks on to a track, so I end up just changing stations for a sec and then going back to the one I was trying to listen to in the first place.

„Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." ~Mme Marie Sklodowska Curie
    • DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2012, 13:38
    I had two issues playing a radio station today.

1. Again it is the case that every other track is silent. Skipping the silent track gets me to a track with sound.

2. As with others above, I have had the client skip several songs when I click on Skip before it settles on a track that starts playing.

EDIT: After actually listening to 11 tracks, with maybe 3 times that may skipped because of the reasons above, I got a message that mentioned Not Enough Content - to many redirections, followed by an error message that said Not Enough Content due to both either location or labels restrictions. And thus ended this listening session.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jun 2012, 18:27
    2.1.20 still doesn't scrobble many of my videos that I have tagged Media Kind = Music Video.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jun 2012, 04:28
    I am still getting linked double scrobbles with 2.1.20.

• Could not connect to remote server

I have a problem. "The application The Last.fm Desktop App would like permission to access your Last.fm account. You should only give access to your Last.fm account to third parties you trust" So when I press "Yes, allow access" my browser (i tried different browsers!) does not manage to connect - "Could not connect to remote server". Can someone help me?

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jun 2012, 22:51
    I changed my password today as recommended. When I reconnected the client, it created 32 linked double scrobbles from tracks that had previously been scrobbled. My iPod was not connected, although the tracks had last been played on my iPod. The tracks were not the most recently played, but were from a couple of days ago.

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 8 jun 2012, 04:16
    Bloopy said:
    One thing I've noticed on 2.1.19 (using WinXP) is that the effect of the volume control is now delayed, making it extremely annoying to use. Move the volume control a little bit, wait 1 second to see if the volume is good, repeat...
    Something is seriously wrong with the volume in 2.1.20. The control is not delayed any more, but now the volume is ridiculously quiet. I have both the Windows volume and the client volume set to max, and some songs are still too quiet. If I simultaneously play the 30s preview of the same song on the website, it drowns out the client easily. This laptop doesn't have a physical volume control, so it can't go any louder.

I've reverted back to 2.1.18 so I can enjoy the rest of my afternoon at work, and it's listenable again. I've got the Windows volume set to about 40% and the client volume set to about 80%.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2012, 10:22
    iPod scrobbling remains a disaster for me with 2.1.10. I need to always go through the diagnostics menu to get the iPod sessions scrobbled. I continue to get duplicate scrobbles (where I can successfully delete one of the duplicates) and linked double scrobbles (where deleting one of the scrobbles deletes them both). For the first time I can recall, I had a linked triple scrobble.

New to this version (or just noticed). Some tracks that were played on my iPod are being skipped - not scrobbled. I miss the pop-up header that said how many tracks were scrobbled with a link to a list of the scrobbled tracks.

My most recent iPod listening session, scrobbled this morning, had three tracks that were skipped and the remaining 32 tracks were scrobbled as linked double scrobbles.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jun 2012, 10:42
    I might have a clue about what is happening with the linked double scrobbles.

As usual, I had to go through the Diagnostics menu to get the tracks from this morning's listening session scrobbled from my iPod. After the client did its bit and told me how long it took, I refreshed my profile page and saw the tracks were scrobbled. I closed the client window. I found the "Do you want to scrobble from 'Unkown'" dialog box hidden behind the main window I just closed. Without thinking, I cklicked on "Scrobble" (actually, I assumed that this meant that the client would now recognize "Unkown"). Then I got the "From know on the client will scrobble from 'Unknown'" dialog box. I refreshed my profile page only to find that all my tracks had been rescrobbled and when I started deleting duplicates found that the dups were linked, meaning deleting one deletes both.

If you are going to have a dialog box ask the user if you want to scrobble the found tracks, don't have the client scrobble those tracks before the user clicks on "Scrobble". There ought to be some sort of error checking to avoid these resubmissions.

I'm not going to be able to clean up my page until later today my time, so all the dups will be there if you want to take a look.

• DrBlur sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jun 2012, 23:28
    At least your offline iPod plays are being scrobbled...mine all of a sudden stopped scrobbling a month ago and I've lost thousands of them, and no idea why. Any advice?

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2012, 09:51
    DrBlur said:
    At least your offline iPod plays are being scrobbled...mine all of a sudden stopped scrobbling a month ago and I've lost thousands of them, and no idea why. Any advice?

The beta client won't scrobble my iPod automatically. I have to go Help -> Diagnostics -> Scrobble iPod.

The thing I don't understand is that the beta versions prior to 2.1.18 would scrobble my iPod correctly at least half the time. Not now.

• DrBlur sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2012, 13:05
    Yes, the earlier Beta versions did it fine. I'm running on a Mac...it works for you doing it that way on a Mac or Windows?

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2012, 16:02
    I'm using Windows at the moment (would love to get back to using a Mac).

• Scrobbles from ipod

It's still struggling with my ipod touch

Rob

Peace
    • DrBlur sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2012, 17:53
    I tried it on my work computer, which Windows...also doesn't work. Aggravating.

• mikens84 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jun 2012, 00:24

Application Feedback

I think the client is cool and I love some of the new features especially the feature that tells you how many times you have already listened to the artist and a certain track.

I just wish that the tagging was a bit easier like the old client. I recently updated from the old one because the tagging stopped working. I can tag in the new app but I have to type the tag every time instead of it auto-completing like it used to in the old app. Some tags do auto-complete but then I have to select from a list the correct tag because a bunch of other tags come up that I don't even use. I would really appreciate it if the tagging could be made to work better.

Thanks for the awesome work!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.