Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• ygzsu sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 12:22

iPod Scrobbing

After pluged my iPod, desktop app said processing to scrobbing and then "no tracks were found from the iPod xxxx". So, what is the problem?

• Re:Adding Songs to Playlist

sabletoothtiger said:
    Maybe this is already a thing, and I just haven't figured out how to do it, but it would be awesome to be able to add a song to a playlist from the app. JUST SAYIN'.

Yeah, came here to say this. Seems like it's gone, but would be great if you could still leave it somewhere in the Controls menu.

;
  • won't start on MacOS X 10.5.8

won't start on MacOS X 10.5.8. Just crashes.

• Pausing between tracks when listening radio

Mac OS x 2.1.18. When I tune a radio, it plays a songs, loads the another song, but pauses. I need to pause/start to play the next song.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 23:24
    I am listening to the radio through the beta client. I just looked at my profile page and discovered that 43 tracks played before listening to the radio had been recscrobbled. The tracks that were rescrobbled happen to have been played on my iPod, but my iPod is not currently connected to my computer, so I am not sure if this is really an iPod issue.

EDIT: Yuk, the duplicate scrobbles are linked. Deleting one deletes both. To keep my stats accurate I need to delete all of them and resubmit them through the Universal Scrobbler. I have never had as many instances of linked dups, either in how often the appear or in the number of dups, as I have with the beta client, especially the most recent versions

Maybe it is somehow connected with the iPod. The 43 tracks represent my last iPod listening session in its entirety. The tracks before this session (which happen to be from a previous iPod listening session) are not affected. I synced my iPod early this morning but the dups only appeared now - several hours later.

Music, like language, is universal.
  • Re: Re:Adding Songs to Playlist

ReDeemerZ said:
    sabletoothtiger said:
    Maybe this is already a thing, and I just haven't figured out how to do it, but it would be awesome to be able to add a song to a playlist from the app. JUST SAYIN'.

Yeah, came here to say this. Seems like it's gone, but would be great if you could still leave it somewhere in the Controls menu.

Why not add a tag? Then you can create your playable tag radio station.
    http://www.last.fm/user/LeJazzy0213/library/tags?sortBy=name&sortOrder=asc&view=list

• Radio pauses after each song, need to manually start each track Mac OSX 10.7.3 LastFM v2.1.18

Hey Guys,
    Great job on the new client, and getting the build out quickly for feedback.
    One thing ive come across is.
    When starting a radio session, the gui switches over to the track info but doesnt actually play the track. I need to press pause and then play again for the track to begin, it happens consistently after each track.
    Getting a cross platform native client out is a tricky one, but i know you can do it, great job guys.
    M

• gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 apr 2012, 06:05

Last.fm v2.1.18 Windows feedback

I just got the nerve to try the beta. I am impress about the layout.

First: a install issue or should I say "First Start" issue... I was told there was a server error when trying to sign-in for the first time and I would need to try again. I clicked "OK" only to find out that everything was OK and there was not a server error as the desktop client connect just fine to last.fm.

Second: this is cosmetic issue - I use Windows 7 64bit Ultimate as my OS and had problems determining what the Apple Command Key "⌘" was on my Windows 104 keyboard. The desktop client is showing the "⌘" key for setting the hotkey to bring the last.fm client. Windows should be showing Windows only keys and Mac should be showing Mac only keys.

Third: MAJOR BUG!!!!! If you have the options open and scobbling through iTunes and iTunes changes tracks, the client will not scobble any more from iTunes (will scrobble from the radio) -- have to shut down both iTunes and the last.fm client. iTunes says that there is a script running do I really want to shut iTunes down..

Fourth: Have 3GB of memory and with iTunes, Firefox, and last.fm client the hard drive light is only almost constantly with swapping to hard drive.

Fifth: Something I miss or at lease I don't see it is the ability to see your neighbours from the client.

Are the grayed out selections, such as "Remember last radio station played", "Check for Updates Automatically" and "Fingerprinting", not implemented yet?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    George

Redigerad av gworley den 30 apr 2012, 06:37
    • gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 apr 2012, 06:19

Re: iPod Scrobbing

ygzsu said:
    After pluged my iPod, desktop app said processing to scrobbing and then "no tracks were found from the iPod xxxx". So, what is the problem?

My iPod Classic scobbled just fine on Windows 7 64bit Ultimate with client version 2.1.18.

• Tag List on the Side

arcania said:
    I'm still very annoyed with the current tagging system via last.fm application. I really liked the old one, where I could see the list of my tags (the most used ones) and also the suggestions where from my own tag list not from the all used tags in last.fm

So my suggestions is to my improve that tagging, to provide my tag list (the most popular ones) and to have suggestions from my own tag list.
    And also and ability to edit/remove these tags from the application.

Many have gone to using tag radio. It really is a feature well used.

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2012, 10:43
    Another iPod session that the beta client scrobbled as linked duplicates.

An observation. It seems that with iPod listening sessions with around 20 or fewer tracks the client scrobbles ok but with iPod sessions of 30 or more the tracks are now being scrobbled as linked duplicates. I don't know why the number of tracks would make a difference, but over the past week or so this is the only pattern that I can see.

Also, the client reports the correct number of tracks played, in this case "34 tracks have been scrobbled". However, if you count the dups, the number would be 68.

Another session to delete and resubmit via the Universal Scrobbler. I know - its beta!

Music, like language, is universal.
    • DanysNet sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2012, 14:04
    Still optical issues:

DanysNet

On my profile tab the info below the main lines (my personal info below username ie.) do have a grey scale color that I can't hardly read on my systems look. That color appears to be the same no matter what color scheme in windows I use. Maybe this should be set to get its color from a system-item, at the moment I can't read it:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Additionally we have this fashionable black bar which I suppose is intended to carry popup information about Artists, Songs and other stuff:

• JuanFal sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2012, 15:08

Quit dialog

Following the latest tendencies, quitting shouldn't ask anything the user, but save the state of the application (last radio/song playing) and try to resume that state when restarted.

• error (0x800c0006): 101

Windows 7 32bit Ultimate
    unknown error (0x800c0006): 101

Scrobbling jazzysupbeatnewage at the time of error

• Friends tab: Shows the last artist and track listened to. In the web application those are click-able links.

• gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 apr 2012, 16:29

Sometimes "Your Tags" displayed

"Your Tags" are sometimes displayed and sometimes not displayed.

Redigerad av gworley den 30 apr 2012, 16:36
    • headey sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2012, 16:32
    Trumgottist said:
    arcania said:
    I think I preferred the old tagging window, where i could also see how people tagged a song/artist/album. It was pretty convenient, having the list of my own tags on the one side and people's tags on the other.

Is there a chance for something like that to be on the new beta version?

I agree so much with this! Please bring those lists back!
    +1
    ...But this is probably the first step in weaning us off personally thought up tags?
    At least you could make it work the same as the browser??

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 apr 2012, 16:50

Scobbles not be recorded

While on the website they are reported, ones in the client aren't.

Say you play a track 3 times in a roll and when you play the track the first time, the client will say that:

You have listen to Human League 192 times and Life On Your Own (Extended) you have played 7 times.

When you play the track the second time, the message is still the same and that goes for the 3 and 4 times and on.

George

• gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 apr 2012, 17:38

Album Art Not Being displayed

Album art from a track that has album art isn't being displayed (It is also an example of "Your Tags" not being displayed on the track):

This track does have artwork and does have tags that I have added.

George

• unknown error (0x800c006): 101

I ticked on Female Vocalist Tag Radio
    It brought up jazzyscafe tag radio
    I ticked on Female Vocalist again
    unknown error (0x800c006): 101

Win 7 Ultimate 32B

• The volume slider has frozen three times this morning. I am not sure what the connection is. Restarting app. works.

• Icons

When I tick on the close button... I want it to exit. Not minimize to tray. Is there a way to set an option for what you want the close button to do? I then have to right click on the tray icon... quit last.fm When you right click on the tray icon, tools or preferences would also be nice.

• Tag Icon

If you create a tag icon, an excellent feature of the old one was being able to sort how you wanted the tags listed. I loved being able to have all of my tags alphabetized. Being as I tag for others, it made it really easy to find the tag I was looking for.

• gworley sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 30 apr 2012, 21:21

Re: Icons

LeJazzy0213 said:
    When I tick on the close button... I want it to exit. Not minimize to tray. Is there a way to set an option for what you want the close button to do? I then have to right click on the tray icon... quit last.fm When you right click on the tray icon, tools or preferences would also be nice.

Most of us who use an outside player like iTunes or WInAmp or any of the supported players prefer it to minimize to the system tray. However most programs have an option for the behaviour of the Red X.

George

• My scrobbler looks like that now:

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.