Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• iTunes hasn't scrobbled for me in 2 days. I'd been having problems scrobbling my iPod classic for a bout a week, but now now even listening to music on my computer isn't going through. I tried switching back to the old version, but that didn't help either. Anyone know what to do?

• I just tried using the radio, and that doesn't work either. This time there's a message--"Invalid session key - Plrease re-authenticate: 9"

• When I go into diagnostics to scrobble ipod, it does it, and runs the script and stuff, but when it comes to the end instead of the box popping up with all the tracks I scrobbled from my ipod, it has crashed the last two times, with a pop up message saying
    "Sorry! Last.fm Crashed. Information about the crash is now being sent to Last.fm so that we can fix the bug."
    followed with a message saying
    "failed to send crash info."

• Simply the scrobble beta version for mac does not works.

• AnnihiSlateR18 said:
    When I go into diagnostics to scrobble ipod, it does it, and runs the script and stuff, but when it comes to the end instead of the box popping up with all the tracks I scrobbled from my ipod, it has crashed the last two times, with a pop up message saying
    "Sorry! Last.fm Crashed. Information about the crash is now being sent to Last.fm so that we can fix the bug."
    followed with a message saying
    "failed to send crash info."

I have exactly the same problem. I always get two crash messages - one when the attempt to scrobble from my iPod fails, and the second seemingly when the attempt to report that crash fails.

• Scrobbled my iPod for the first time with the new client last night. I already had the device associated in Beta

Client detects UNKNOWN ipod and prompts me to scrobble. Replied "Yes"
    Presents me with about 50% of tracks played which I scrobbled
    Client then detects the iPod Serial number and prompts me to scrobble
    No scrobbles found

I now have three devices associated in the Client. My original entry, "UNKNOWN" and a duplicate of the original.

Revert to Universal Scrobbler to add the remaining tracks

I really must get round to creating a cool signature for this box
    • Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 26 apr 2012, 17:30
    i cant start any radio today. tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling and i get the same results. going to try reverting back to non-beta version and see if the same thing happens...
    edit: receive "invalid authorization. streamer error code: 403. reason: forbidden: header content-type value denied" as seen here is this something on my end? going to check windows firewall and whatnot...

• DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 apr 2012, 23:21
    I've just noticed that when I look at the scrobbles tab in the beta client that not all the cover art is shown. Some of the tracks will have a blank cover. If I go back later some of those will then have the cover art showing, but others may then be missing the cover art. All the cover art is displayed in my recently listened chart on my profile page.

Music, like language, is universal.
  • Alright, I'll try to explain this problem. Maybe more people are experiencing this.

When I listen to a song, it then scrobbles halfway through (as it should). But, looking at my profile page after half the song, it shows the same track twice. First it shows that it is now playing, but it also shows that it was scrobbled some minutes ago. It may seem like I'm listening to the song twice when I'm in fact only listening to it once.

Please note that the song is not scrobbled twice.

Here's two screenshots to demonstrate the problem.

Before the halfway mark:

After the halfway mark (still listening to the same song, not on repeat):

• I'm out!

Radio not storing scrobbles, and client confused as hell over my iPod.

I'm going to back to previous client version.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, 'cause I really like the new look and feel, and I'm looking forward to a working version.

Seems this thread is long on bug reports, short on response.

I really must get round to creating a cool signature for this box
    • rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 27 apr 2012, 08:44
    Just installed 2.1.18

The installation program identified itself 'you are about to install 2.1.17', which caused momentary confusion.

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 27 apr 2012, 08:47

Re: I'm out!

iSkiapod said:

Seems this thread is long on bug reports, short on response.

I don't know all the reasons, but that is generally how these threads work - the response from the last.fm staff is more likely to be the release of a new version containing a fix than a message explaining what was wrong.

• Spotify glitch

Not a biggie but it always says 'Enable scrobbling in Spotify's preferences!' where normally the song time bar is at the top. Still appears to scrobble OK but doesn't update until song is finished.

Rob

Peace
    • ygzsu sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2012, 10:58

Re:Can't Scrobbing with my iPod Classic

ygzsu şöyle demiş:
    Hi, i have the same issue. Last.fm beta said detected my device, but can't see on the devices tab. And also crashed the .exe. I'm using Windows Vista and 8th Gen. iPod Classic 160GB.

After the update still crashing the app. Guess you'll ned another update, huh?

• eartle sa...
    • Alumni
    • 27 apr 2012, 11:35
    Hi guys

Thanks for all the feedback in this thread! Sorry I can't reply to all your queries individually, but I am reading everything and taking notes. We've released an update that has fixed some of the problems you've mentioned here. A summary of the changes can be found here:

http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler+Beta/forum/30705/_/2038733

It seems that most of the issues here are around iPod scrobbling and we plan to look into that soon enough. The other big issue seems to be radio playback stability and that is also on the list for attention.

Do remember that this is beta software and there will be bugs, but we can only squash them with your help and feedback.

Thanks!

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
  • same issue - stops after every song

just updated to 2.1.18 and have the same issue as previous version - playback still stops after each song, has to be manually nudged (Mac OS 10.7.3).
    Very annoying...

• eartle sa...
    • Alumni
    • 27 apr 2012, 15:01
    For people having the stopping playback at the end of each song issue, could you tell me which version of QuickTime you have installed, please?

Thanks!

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • DoctorT sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2012, 17:47
    I was listening to the radio in 2.1.18. The first track went silent part way through. The time kept advancing, so it wasn't an issue of the track having been stopped or paused. Skipping to the next track fixed the problem.

EDIT: Several tracks later the same thing happened again. A track went silent while the time kept advancing. Skipping to the next track fixed the problem.

Music, like language, is universal.
    Redigerad av DoctorT den 27 apr 2012, 18:29
  • I might add that my previously reported problem about "now playing" is still happening after the update.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2012, 08:04

Re:Preference NOT STICKING (on Mac beta)

Fofer said:
    I don't want the Last.fm app to launch automatically.

So I uncheck "Launch Application with Media Players"

Except it doesn't work. When I launch iTunes, Last.fm launches automatically, and when I go to that preference screen again, I see that checkbox is checked again.

It's very aggravating. Please fix.

I also encountered this problem and it still happens with the latest version (2.1.18). It's indeed very aggravating. Please fix it.

• Strange Timestamp

The track always appears at the top of the list and cannot delete it.
    I'm using current version of Last.fm app for Mac.

• mr_maxis sa...
    • 29 apr 2012, 10:18
    Windows XP + Version 2.1.18
    2 issues:
    - the background of alt text is black, same for the font color making it impossible to read.

-the total time displayed isn't the total time of the recording you're listening to but the time associated to the track page.
    I just listened to a recording (Cosmic Girl) ending at 7:13 / 4:02 !!?
    The time on the track page is 4:02 but one of the recordings available on Last.fm for this track which I was listening to had actually a time of 7:13.

Redigerad av mr_maxis den 2 maj 2012, 21:03
  • I just noticed this minor bug in version 2.1.18 (Windows):

• launkie sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 12:03

Issue/Bug

Volume slider has frozen.

• arcania sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 12:06
    I'm still very annoyed with the current tagging system via last.fm application. I really liked the old one, where I could see the list of my tags (the most used ones) and also the suggestions where from my own tag list not from the all used tags in last.fm

So my suggestions is to my improve that tagging, to provide my tag list (the most popular ones) and to have suggestions from my own tag list.
    And also and ability to edit/remove these tags from the application.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.