Favorite Tarkovsky film?

• Favorite Tarkovsky film?

Such an active board!

Anyway, what is everyone's favorite Tarkovsky film?

My favorite by far is Andrei Rublev, but Stalker and Zerkalo are also excellent.

• Well...

As I've only seen three of his films so far, I guess I can't make my mind up about it yet. Still, I doubt that any of his other films will match the intense beauty of Zerkalo. Kind of on par with Bergman's Persona as the greatest film ever made. Persona marginally wins though, as the devastating impact it had on me when I saw it for the first time can never be matched. On 2nd and 3rd; Andrei Rublev and Stalker, in that order.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2007, 13:27
    I'm currently watching his whole filmography. I saw Nostalghia a long time ago, and Ivan's Childhood yesterday. Both admirable masterpieces I prefer Nostalghia, though.

• All of his films were included in the "up to 60% off world cinema"-campaign at amazon.co.uk, so I ordered the remaining of his filmography. Really looking forward to seeing more of his work.

Look forward to Stalker, Rublev and especially Zerkalo, Kromble!

• patryk78 sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2007, 11:02
    i fell asleep on Zerkalo but Андрей Рублёв is so fascinating.

Патрик
    • Användare
    • 1 jan 2008, 21:03
    I haven't only seen yet Offret. Loved each one of his films I've watched. If Persona is the paradigm of film-perfection, Andrey Rublyov become to me the film-absolute. I've found Zerkalo a true orginal masterpiece. There is no similar work in cinema, that's a fucking unique film. Life in his essence, Memory in his essence. Pure Sculptures in Matter and Time. He has such a personally strong and wide style. One of the great artists of the last century. Thanks a lot.

• Now that I've seen all of his films (except Tempo di Viaggio, which I'll watch soon, but I'd say it doesn't count, being a documentary), here's my list:

1. Zerkalo
    2. Offret
    3. Andrei Rublev
    4. Stalker
    5. Nostalghia
    6. Solyaris
    7. Ivan's Childhood

I was totally blown away by Offret. I had no idea it would be so incredibly good. Tarkovsky's swan song. His career couldn't have ended in a better way.

Well, both Zerkalo and Offret are in my, like, top 5 films ever. I'd say around 5 of his films are in my top 20 or something. This man's brilliance will never be matched. The greatest director of all time.

Thank you, Tarkovsky, for all the fantastic moments.

• And as a sidenote, I've begun reading his book, Sculpting in Time: Reflections on the Cinema, where he discusses his opinions about art in general and more specifically about each of his movies. Well, it's a tough read, his theories are kind of complex, and it's hard at times to really catch what he really means, but it sure is interesting as hell. Highly recommended for any Tarkovsky-fan!

• CptCody sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2008, 18:36

Stalker...

I like Stalker most. It's an enigmatic journey through the human's hope, desires and beliefs...

• Stalker was, for many years. Actually i would like to see his films all again-

• offret sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 aug 2008, 00:15
    my favourite is Zerkalo... i think this is the best film ever.. i have watched all his films without subtitles -and more than 3 times- but i dont know russian. maybe i cant understand them but i really watch them and i can say without a doubt his best sequence shots in that movie.

• bob_s sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 aug 2008, 17:38
    top 5

Stalker
    Zerkalo
    Nostalghia
    Ivan's Childhood
    Andrei Rublev

• 1- Stalker
    2- Zerkalo
    3- Andrei Rublev
    4- Offret
    5- Nostalghia
    6- Ivanovo detstvo
    7- Solyaris
    8- Katok i skripka

Redigerad av Tarkovsky86 den 9 mar 2009, 22:33
  • 1- Stalker
    2- Zerkalo
    3- Solyaris
    4- Offret
    5- Andrei Rublev
    6- The Steamroller and the Violin
    7- Ivanovo detstvo
    8- Nostalghia
    9- Tempo di Viaggio (documentary)
    10- There Will Be No Leave Today (Tarkovsky's final student film at VGIK, the Soviet State Film School.)
    11- The Killers (Tarkovsky's first student film at VGIK, the Soviet State Film School. Based on the Ernest Hemingway short story)

• My favourite is "Andrei Rublev", which I saw when I was 16 or so and blew me away. I still think it's unique. "Mirror" is just behind that, although I think it's by far the better film.

• max-ks sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2008, 10:37
    Mirror/Zerkalo, then Stalker

• Användare
    • 2 mar 2009, 22:21
    for me:

1-Stalker.
    2-Mirror (Zerkalo)
    3-Andrei Rublev
    4-Nostalghia
    5-Solaris
    6-Sacrifice
    7-Ivan's Childhood
    8-Steamroller and the Violin

before he shot Stalker he wrote in his diaries '' I feel like I am going to make my best film ''

• Soljaris, dumaju, ili Stalker.

I don't like eggs
    I never liked eggs
    And I don't like life
    On your crocodile isle
    • dEtomaSO sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 mar 2009, 12:22
    I think Offret the underestimated film of genius, at least on the motherland of director

• Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 16:58
    My top would be:

1. Stalker
    2. The Mirror
    3. The Sacrifice
    4. Andrei Rublev
    5. Nostalghia
    6. Solaris
    7. Ivan's Childhood
    8. The Killers
    9. Voyage in Time

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 17 jun 2011, 09:47
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2009, 20:09
    zerkalo

• Eywin sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2009, 16:31
    Stalker is my favourite, I would rank them like this:

1. Stalker (10/10)
    2. Mirror (10/10)
    3. Andrei Rublev (10/10)
    4. Offret (9/10)
    5. Solaris (9/10)
    6. Ivan's Childhood (8/10)
    7. Nostalghia (7/10)

Redigerad av Eywin den 19 maj 2009, 23:54
    • AnUub1s sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 apr 2009, 13:14

[spam]

[spam]

I've just listened

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 15 nov 2011, 09:37
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2009, 18:01
    1. Stalker (watch the best movie in my life)
    2. Ivan's Childhood
    3. Andrei Rublev

• Användare
    • 15 aug 2009, 18:05
    1. Stalker
    2. Ivanovo Detstvo
    3. Andrey Rublyov
    4. Zerkalo
    5. Nostalghia
    6. Solyaris
    7. Offret ( Ingmar Bergman movie.. )

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.