Clementine: Reincarnation of Amarok 1.4

• vayerx sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 mar 2010, 22:41

Clementine: Reincarnation of Amarok 1.4

Amarok 1.4 was probably one of the best media players for Linux, and arguably one of the best media players around. Amarok 2.0 was a radical departure from its previous versions and was not well received by quite a lot of Amarok users.
    Clementine is a project, which aims to port Amarok 1.4 to Qt4 and rewrite it to make full use of Qt4 features.

• isidora sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2010, 12:02
    Nice! Looks just like the good old Amarok. Still very basic yet promising. Let's hope developers will soon add some more features, and I wish I could write scripts....

• combucho sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2010, 22:19
    Oh, It looks so hopefully. Do it plan (or release) cue support?

b.e.a.s.t. wishes

• on screenshots from website there are no playlist search. still staying on Amarok 1.4 in KDE4.3.3, lets hope Clementine will have 1.4 features and be active developed and supported

also would be nice if Clementine support 2.x plugins

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2010, 11:49
    It is a great player for my windows machine, I'm using it at work! But on Linux I use Amarok.

• Fantastic idea. I am slowly trying to adapt to Amarok 2, but I miss 1.4 like hell. I hope clementine consolidates into a stable app!

"Does it follows that I reject all authority? Perish the thought! In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the bootmaker" Mikhail Bakunin
  • Discovered this by coincidence. Even though it doesn't contain many features yet, I still prefer it over Amarok 1.4.X and Amarok 2.X

• ax-ax sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2010, 17:39
    megadethnatic said:
    I prefer it over Amarok 1.4.X

wait, are you serious?

• polu sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 apr 2010, 20:51
    Nice, I'm still using Amarok 1.4 because I don't like the new versions. But this looks like a nice alternative. :)

• ax-ax sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 apr 2010, 19:40
    polu said:
    Nice, I'm still using Amarok 1.4 because I don't like the new versions. But this looks like a nice alternative. :)

Yeah, at least when it's a bit more complete, I would say :)

• rnq sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 apr 2010, 09:05
    Been missing Amarok 1.4 since switching to OSX, this is a very nice alternative. Still a bit buggy and missing a lot of features (I'd love to have a lyrics plugin), but already better than anything else available. Was so sick of Songbird and its stealth MP3 retagging.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 apr 2010, 22:45
    I recommend!!

• vayerx sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jul 2010, 10:46
    Version 0.4 released - Tuesday 29th June 2010

• tolaris sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 nov 2010, 10:24

Stable and faster than Amarok 1.4

As of 0.5.3, Clementine is as stable as Amarok 1.4 (for me, on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit), and considerably faster at indexing my collection than 1.4 was on ext3, or Amarok 2 is on ext4. And it is a lot faster to load without the KDE dependencies. It is my default player now.

• Its nearly there!

Now Clementine is nearly there! Even now (0.5.3) it is slim, fast, and much more useful compare to Amarok2 and I hope it will grow a little more to be the default player in modern and fast Linux Distributions! Nice work!!

so long...
    JimPansen
  • I don't like Clementine - why does it need so much dependencies?

Instead of this bloatware I installed Pana Audio Player:

http://www.lastfm.de/group/Pana+Users

Looks like Amarok 1.4, works like Amarok 1.4 with 2 changes: Other name and it also compiles with up-to-date packages :)

• Clementine is working great for me... I´ve been off of KDE 3 for so long I had forgotten how much I loved Amarok =) Also syncs great with all of my devices it appears.. what I was looking for for my Droid 2.

• Once this becomes fully-featured, I'll have to try it out. I've been stuck with Amarok2 on OSX for too long now (well, I could use 1.4, if I wanted to bother running X when not strictly needed)

"We lived like that "Happy Family" you sometimes see in traveling zoos:
    a lion caged with a lamb. It is a startling exhibit but the lamb has
    to be replaced frequently." -- Heinlein
  • I have small problem with Clementine: sometimes it won't load (and play) songs which have non-english-alphabet letters in names/artists, such as ř,á,ё,ь,и etc. :(
    anybody else had this or solved it?

Oh my God, it's grotesque!
    Oh, and there's something in a jar.
    • dschr sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 dec 2010, 18:32
    computerliebe said:
    I have small problem with Clementine: sometimes it won't load (and play) songs which have non-english-alphabet letters in names/artists, such as ř,á,ё,ь,и etc. :(
    anybody else had this or solved it?

Why are you asking this in the Amarok group? Search Clemetine group or website.
    Clementine is still not able to display these chars in tags.

Nihil sine nefas
  • There was nothing about it on website and clementine group didn't want to load at all + this topic was the first place where I heard about clementine, so something came over me and I felt sudden desire to place my question without thinking about consequences.

Suppose I should say thank you afterall.

Oh my God, it's grotesque!
    Oh, and there's something in a jar.
    • eporly sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jan 2011, 23:11
    tried amarok 2, then tried clementine. then a friend told me about amarok 1.4 and i still use it.

• corneld sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 10 apr 2011, 06:10
    Clementine (0.7.1 on my Suse 11.4) have a much better lyrics finder than Amarok, as well as the artist page (on Wikipedia, or where else it is).
    Also, it really shows album picture, on every song change, and also in the main window when the song plays (which Amarok 2 doesn't do for a long time (though it still have the option for this...) )

Unfortunatelly, it also has a nasty bug: it doesn't close when i try to close it !! I must kill it (with kill -9). The same behaviour with the precompiled version, from OpenSuse's repository, as well as from the source compiled by me...
    Also it has a annoying mis-interpretation: on a certain radio, it shows artist and title other way around( it shows artist as title, and title as artist; well only on that radio I noticed this behaviour, though...)
    Unfortunatelly, I cannot use it in favor of Amarok 2, yet ...

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
  • Clementine is really cool :)

• metawirt sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2011, 23:21

Finally!

Just heard of Clementine today. After downloading/installing Mac version 0.71 all my dreams have been fulfilled: An Amarok 1.4-like player for OSX to replace fucking iTunes (I never "really" used much).

My laptop (running Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS)) has still Amarok 1.4 on it.
    So I have to stay in that group for a while - until Clementine 1.0 (?)

"I'm the transmitter - I give information,
    you're the antenna - catch the vibration."
    (Kraftwerk)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.