The Tired Sounds of... vs. And Their Refinement of the Decline

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 sep 2007, 02:28

The Tired Sounds of... vs. And Their Refinement of the Decline

Which one do you like more?

I think I like the Tired Sounds of.. a bit more. Both are mindblowing though.

• erissiva sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 sep 2007, 04:01
    The Tired Sounds.

However, overall my favorite of theirs is Avec Laudenum.

• "The Tired Sounds..." for me, too. But only marginally.

IB student? Join the International Baccalaureate group.
  • They are my two favorite SotL albums. As to which i prefer; it depends on the set and setting :D

• I think Tired Sounds has a more consistent feel, but Refinement has some breathtaking tracks on it too. Ballad for Heavy Lids/Daughters of Quiet Minds is a pairing I could play forever.

• Tired Sounds. That's an album I can really sleep to - it's more "consistently" quiet and minimalistic than Refinement. I guess.

Refinement has Tippy's Demise, though. :swoon:

• Crack0rn sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 nov 2007, 19:22
    The Tired Sounds wins by a landmile. Refinement isn't really all that great anymore.

• Användare
    • 21 nov 2007, 03:12
    Crack0rn said:
    Refinement isn't really all that great anymore.

You're crazy! ;)

• Crack0rn sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 nov 2007, 10:42
    Maybe, I don't really know myself why it doesn't do as much for me anymore. But that's how it is. :(

• I seem to be the first to prefer Refinement. Tired Sounds is more consistent - thematic suites to begin with, and Refinement is more a collection of individual pieces. But Tired Sounds lets me go to sleep, Refinement doesn't. I just want to keep listening.

Overall I would rank Refinement as #1. Per Aspera Ad Astra would be second, Ballasted Orchestra third, Tired Sounds fourth, and the rest I haven't heard. If leaving Tired Sounds at the last place seems harsh, it's more a testament to how much I love their other work even more. It's at least an A- anyway. And "A Lovesong For Cubs" is one of the three pieces by them that I enjoy the most.

• Refinement has really being growing on me versus Tired Sounds recently. I think seeing them live with the string trio they had with them has really made me appreciate the more orchestral elements of it.

Avec Laudenum is still my favourite, though.

IB student? Join the International Baccalaureate group.
    • patterns sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jan 2008, 19:42

tough question...

Tired Sounds is probably the better album, only just rhough. My favorite song on refinement is 'a meaningful moment through a meaning(less) process' love the piano and sounds a lot like the Dead Texan when I think about it.

• Refinement so far but just wins it they both are fantastic but Refinement seems like a more refined Tired Sounds.

• Tired Sounds, but that isn't to say Refinement isn't a good album.

Nothing's gonna happen
  • my fave single album of theirs is The Ballasted Orchestra

Nothing's gonna happen
    • Användare
    • 27 jun 2010, 13:30
    Refinement every time

it is the greatest thing they've ever released. other tracks come close, but as a comprehensive work, Refinement really is just that; a refinement of everything they've ever done

• Soikkeli sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 dec 2010, 02:07
    Refinement, absolutely

Everytime i listen to it, it stops time. Even if You're Never Awake is truly a magical piece of art

• Refinement wins for me, but I do know it better. For some reason I know it very very well, and Tired Sounds never sticks with me.

Airspace Falling - Free dro)))ne.
  • Refinement is probably my favourite album of all time. seriously. never gets old, every song is amazing. I love December Hunting so much. Ballasted is their second best too. Arch song on Ballasted is their best piece I think.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.