The Dead Weather vs The Kills

• bostache sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jun 2010, 18:58

The Dead Weather vs The Kills

So?In wich band do you think she sounds better.She sounds awsome in both bands, but in wich band of this two you think fits in.I think The Dead Weather, cause she express herself more better.

What the fuck is that?
    Heh heh. This is a shotgun, Sol.
    It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.
    Well I wanna raise some pulses, don't I?
    You'll raise Hell. Never mind pulses.
  • I can't choose! It's because I love both of them and of course her voice all the time. I think in The Kills she had more 'ways' of singing, but I agree - I think she express herself better in The Dead Weather. With Jamie in some songs her voice was... purer?, for ex. in 'Goodnight Bad Morning'. But TDW proves that it's always great (end of 'The Difference Between Us' is sooo amazing).

Anyway, I couldn't choose one. Her voice is always awesome :D

• As for me, with Jamie she's more uninhibited and independent. She looks differ, sounds differ and her stage manner is rather extravagant. "The Kills" is her style.

• Totaly agree with match queen in everything,let's just hope new kills music at the end of the year as alison has said.

"I've seen a million faces...and I rocked them all"
    • vv00xx sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2010, 04:21
    With The Kills I feel she's more herself. her voice isn't perfected and it has this nice deadpan quality to it. though to say your voice is deadpan probably isn't the best adjective to use, to me it is because it means that it's real and untouched- sort of like kim gordon or pj harvey's.
    With The Dead Weather, she puts on an act, which is still pretty awesome. I think in a way, working with Jack has changed her either for the better or the worse- you decide. she tends to make haughty faces when performing with him. [they both do]
    But it was nice to know that even though she was in the middle of releasing Sea of Cowards and the Pale Blue Eyes cover with The Kills, she was still able to switch back to her original self and it's nice to know she hasn't lost that touch.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 okt 2010, 18:40
    THE KILLS. the kills.The Kills.THE KILLs. the KILLS. tHe KilLLs.THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS . THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS .THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS .the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills.the kills... tHE kILLs. the kiLLs. the-kills. *the kills. ( the kills )the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills.the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills........ the? kills?.the kills. the kills. the kills.THE KILLS. THE KILLS. THE KILLS.the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills. the kills.
    ...........yeah the kills........

THE: KILLS

• the dead weather. she's free.

red planetary serpent!
    may the force b with u!
    "...on the back shelf a dusty box of ampules, eukodol, 15mg per ampule."
  • dead weather

• A-lunia sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2011, 22:03
    the dead weather

careful with that axe, Eugene.
  • The Kills

• Vanbvlg sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 apr 2011, 21:15
    I prefer The Kills. But its great that there is The Dead Weather. Jamie can miss Alison at this time and they can make more good music.

• the style of the two bands are differents. anyway, I prefer kills..

Mari Castro
    • b1ot3kk sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jun 2011, 06:09
    The Dead Weather

• Användare
    • 7 jul 2011, 19:43
    The Dead Weather but The Kills latest album is amazing. i love discount with Alison. hm .

• tahbyfet sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2011, 08:24
    The Dead Weather is ultimately a side band. Their sound is great, but somewhat limited (they kind of sell themselves exclusively as a dark blues-rock outfit). The Kills hit way more genres with less band members and heaps more tension along with honest songwriting (the lyrics in TDW are rather comical: SHAKE YOUR HIPS LIKE BATTLESHIPS). The Dead Weather get a bit gaudy and theatrical. TDW is moreso Jack's band while the Kills are Alison's/Jamie's. Love'm both, but they're much different bands, don't like that they get compared so often. Jamie + Alison > Jack + Dean + Jack + Alison.

• wallooza sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2011, 02:11
    The Kills!

Theres no reason to live anymore, we're all gonna die in a third world war. -Ben Weasel
    I Heart Alison Mosshart
  • sucha stupid post... it's like comparin star wars with star trek...

red planetary serpent!
    may the force b with u!
    "...on the back shelf a dusty box of ampules, eukodol, 15mg per ampule."
    • Kamil52 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jul 2012, 16:58
    The Kills <3

• The Dead Weather rocks harder than The Kills, but I like the way The Kills are more calculated. The synthetic drum beats, the tension that never really releases, the lyrics, I just find The Kills more interesting to listen to.

They'd get equal plays on shuffle, but I'd go out of my way to listen to a specific The Kills song.

• Kills;

• Användare
    • 1 dec 2012, 13:44

Both

Both are great in styles that make parts, each with its own aura.

• Rivacks sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 aug 2013, 01:49
    The Dead Weather

• vasca72 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jan 2014, 17:36
    i love alison always, but i think dead weather fucked up her voice. She had the most incredible voice in the first records of The Kills, but now she sounds like somebody is strangling a cat.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.