so when the hell did the whole "emo" thing happen?

 
    • Kaynoq sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2006, 02:34

    Redigerad av Kaynoq den 15 nov 2006, 14:15
  • fuck... Please, delete this thread now!

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2006, 13:49
    It happened years ago, it also died years ago.

    That's my two cents.

    • Blur707 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2006, 21:57
    spudnik700 said:
    It happened years ago, it also died years ago.

    That's my two cents.


    The best two cents ever spent!

    "No matter how hard I try, the love in my heart can not make another people."
    --- John Holmberg (Holmberg's Morning Sickness 98 KUPD)

    http://www.98kupd.com/els/elsMainMenu.asp
  • I couldn't put it any better myself. And don't let ANYONE tell you different, or I'll slit your fucking throat.

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2006, 18:18
    Homocide is so not DIY.

    Unless you use a homemade knife, then I suppose you can get away with it.

  • Sorry, I'm a bit uneducated in pop-acronyms... wtf does "DIY" mean?

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
  • Do it yourself.

    But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
    • Blur707 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 nov 2006, 02:16
    And it is not a "pop" acronym it has been around since punk rock was termed "punk rock"

    "No matter how hard I try, the love in my heart can not make another people."
    --- John Holmberg (Holmberg's Morning Sickness 98 KUPD)

    http://www.98kupd.com/els/elsMainMenu.asp
  • Okay, an "acronym prevalent in a popular subculture..." better?

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
  • spudnik700 said:
    Homocide is so not DIY.

    Unless you use a homemade knife, then I suppose you can get away with it.


    What about weapons of opportunity? Like, wraping your jacket around someones head then pulling the sleve and shoving their head forward to break their neck. Would that be DIY?

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 nov 2006, 12:13
    Yeah man that's totally acceptable.

    But all those bland corporate sellout ways of causing pain are for posers.

  • I totally agree. I even apply that to methods, not just implements. Like, these fuckers tell me "2 to the chest, one to the head." Ok, so dude'll go down. But it doesn't quite satisfy that I'd-love-to-see-this-mother-fucker-writhe-in-pain urge.

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
  • emo been around fro ages and its only begiinning to hit mainstream now beacuae of all teens who give in to peer pressure and they turn emo coz they think it will make it cool. anyway taking back sunday hawthorne heights and funeral for a friend arnt real emo. sunny day real estate and bright eyes are true emo. and i dont mean that in the way that the term is used today. its lost all meaning just liek avril lavigne did to punk.

  • wow... there are SO manythings wrong with that post, you should just go cry and slit your wrists. Be sure to use a broken shard of glass.

    "... practice how to be still."
    -E. Fromm
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 nov 2006, 21:15
    larissawillems said:
    emo been around fro ages and its only begiinning to hit mainstream now beacuae of all teens who give in to peer pressure and they turn emo coz they think it will make it cool. anyway taking back sunday hawthorne heights and funeral for a friend arnt real emo. sunny day real estate and bright eyes are true emo. and i dont mean that in the way that the term is used today. its lost all meaning just liek avril lavigne did to punk.


    Your post annoys me coz emo has not lost all meaning, there is just as many emo bands around today as ever.

    Same with punk.

    Tit.

  • RITES OF SPRING
    1985

  • Amen, faehunter.

    spudnik700 said:
    Your post annoys me coz emo has not lost all meaning, there is just as many emo bands around today as ever.

    Same with punk.

    Tit.


    ^^^What he said, too.

    But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.