Rate the above user's musical taste according to yours

• 1.5 / 10
    for Say Anything, like four good Jimmy Eat World songs, and TV On The Radio, even if you're lame and only ever listened to "staring at the sun". which is so totally lame that i gave you a lower score upon thinking about it again.

• Don't you mean VAYA?

Close, but no cigar.

And I prefer Alfaro Vive, Carajo! myself...

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 sep 2006, 18:09
    This one goes out to my man Matty!

I enjoy how you seem to equate being a woman with being lesser of a human being. I also like your rationality that if a vast majority of people haven't heard something, that makes it "scenester" and bad. Extending your musical horizons past the predefined notions of what is "manly" and accepted by the mainstream is actually a rather fun thing to do. You should try it sometime.

Here is where I would talk shit on The Beatles and Pink Floyd, but I wont. I respect both bands immensely. I just don't relate to their music. I doubt that you listen to them for the music though. You strike me more as the type that would listen to it just so you could brag about it later. Also I don't understand this animosity towards a harmless pop artist when you listen to a bunch of pop rock bands custom tailored for the 15 year old girl crowd you seem to find so insulting.

• GreenVandal said:
    Here is where I would talk shit on The Beatles and Pink Floyd, but I wont. I respect both bands immensely. I just don't relate to their music. I doubt that you listen to them for the music though. You strike me more as the type that would listen to it just so you could brag about it later. Also I don't understand this animosity towards a harmless pop artist when you listen to a bunch of pop rock bands custom tailored for the 15 year old girl crowd you seem to find so insulting.

I couldn't agree more. Well, maybe outside of the pop-rock bands being designed for 15-year old girls, but we're never going to agree on that so whatever.

But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
    • Användare
    • 20 sep 2006, 20:10
    t3h1337j35u5 said:
    GreenVandal said:

I couldn't agree more. Well, maybe outside of the pop-rock bands being designed for 15-year old girls, but we're never going to agree on that so whatever.

You wanna know what? I can't remember why we were bickering anymore. I apologize and I do hope that you realize that I was being highly sarcastic a vast majority of the time (I'm talking about the I'm better than you chart thing and all that. I was just being a dick).

I'll agree to disagree with the pop rock thing, but the point I am making is that I fail to see what is wrong with me listening to a pop artist when the person criticizing it clearly has a taste for the music. Perhaps its part of his "Bulldog front".

• 1/10

• Användare
    • 20 sep 2006, 22:33

Oh. I got you good fucker.

• Användare
    • 20 sep 2006, 22:45
    actually i was just being an asshole, because its what i do best. I own the newest imogen heap cd and i do listen to it. And i fully appreciate the amazing vocals, i just never got into frou frou other than the song on the shrek soundtrack.

other bitchy bands i admit listening to
    AIR
    bright eyes
    coldplay
    guster
    her space holiday

so haha, i got you better

• matty2431 said:
    actually i was just being an asshole, because its what i do best. I own the newest imogen heap cd and i do listen to it. And i fully appreciate the amazing vocals, i just never got into frou frou other than the song on the shrek soundtrack.

other bitchy bands i admit listening to
    AIR
    bright eyes
    coldplay
    guster
    her space holiday

so haha, i got you better

no you didn't, you're still totally lame.
    my impression of you thinking about making that comment:
    "ooooh, that GreenVandal! i'm gonna get him so good!! oooooh, he just...he just...oooooh, he gets me going so good! i know! i'll come up with some bullshit list of stuff that i sometimes listen to impress him/kick his ass! perfect! ooooooh, i'm gonna get him so good!!!"

annnnnnnnnd scene.

• Användare
    • 21 sep 2006, 00:26
    How did you get me better? You were being a douche and you revealed that it was all just a front. Wouldn't that just make you a liar?

• Användare
    • 21 sep 2006, 00:42
    no i just dont agree with your musical taste. period. 1/100

• but he has such better taste than you. how could you not agree? obviously, all that angels and airwaves has rotted your brain and turned you into a retarded jackass.

obviously.

• Blur707 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 sep 2006, 02:20
    9/10 nice mixture I especially like all the nwa

"No matter how hard I try, the love in my heart can not make another people."
    --- John Holmberg (Holmberg's Morning Sickness 98 KUPD)

http://www.98kupd.com/els/elsMainMenu.asp
  • matty, if you think Coldplay is bitchy, no offense, but if you actually listen to them and still think that you need to get some mental help.

GreenVandal said:You wanna know what? I can't remember why we were bickering anymore. I apologize and I do hope that you realize that I was being highly sarcastic a vast majority of the time (I'm talking about the I'm better than you chart thing and all that. I was just being a dick).

I'll agree to disagree with the pop rock thing, but the point I am making is that I fail to see what is wrong with me listening to a pop artist when the person criticizing it clearly has a taste for the music. Perhaps its part of his "Bulldog front".

I started picking up on it after awhile. It took some time because, well, it's the internet.

I think I might have misread "pop-rock" as "pop-punk" because I can't think of too many pop-rock bands I like. Except for Frou Frou if they count for the genre. And Imogen Heap. And AVA, because I like pop-rock bands with female lead singers.

...wait... that's a dude?

But now it's me and luck
  • ohhhhhhhh snap!!! take that tom delonge, you bitch!!!

• Användare
    • 21 sep 2006, 07:17
    matty2431 said:
    no i just dont agree with your musical taste. period. 1/100

As hard as it is to hear that from a misogynist that likes Angels and Airwaves better than actual punk and rock bands...I will move on and accept it.

• This thread is basically bitch about how you hate the mainstream and how your musical taste is somehow greater than everyone elses. Can't we all just agree that country sucks?

• Användare
    • 21 sep 2006, 21:34
    RedKoopaShell said:
    This thread is basically bitch about how you hate the mainstream and how your musical taste is somehow greater than everyone elses. Can't we all just agree that country sucks?

I don't hate the mainstream and I don't hate country either. I hate music that was designed by a focus group to succeed in the mainstream. Thats not art.

• Let's just agree that Refused kicks(ed if you want to get technical since they've long since broken up) ass.

But now it's me and luck
    • Användare
    • 21 sep 2006, 23:27
    refused did kick ass. but you still suck.

• I don't believe I am the one sporting Nazi symbols.

But now it's me and luck
    • Användare
    • 22 sep 2006, 02:27
    ok... well answer me this... where are bands like samiam, frou frou, or any of those shitty little bands that make what you call art going to be in the next 10 or say 20 years. Bagging fucking groceries at meijer and regretting they were so punk in their 20's while they are 35 and their life is going nowhere. Mainstream bands are mainstream for a reason... they make good music, nothing more nothing less. Few bands are engineered and formulated to be 'mainstream'. People perform music because they enjoy it, not to be 'mainstream'. Punk bands that stay underground stay there for a reason, their music is obviously not up to par with the other ARTISTS that able to make a living off of their superior musical abilities. I hope one day people like david gilmour, roger waters, john frusciante (enter other prominent musical artist here) shows up on your doorstep and smacks some sense into your thick head.

• HAHAHAHAHA. oh dear god. most dillusional post i've evr read. do you live in a fucking mountain cave?

• Oh sweet Jesus, what a horrifyingly idiotic post. Well, matty, all I can say is thank you for proving once again that stupid people shouldn't breed.

But now it's me and luck
  • matty2431 said:
    ok... well answer me this... where are bands like samiam, frou frou, or any of those shitty little bands that make what you call art going to be in the next 10 or say 20 years. Bagging fucking groceries at meijer and regretting they were so punk in their 20's while they are 35 and their life is going nowhere. Mainstream bands are mainstream for a reason... they make good music, nothing more nothing less. Few bands are engineered and formulated to be 'mainstream'. People perform music because they enjoy it, not to be 'mainstream'. Punk bands that stay underground stay there for a reason, their music is obviously not up to par with the other ARTISTS that able to make a living off of their superior musical abilities. I hope one day people like david gilmour, roger waters, john frusciante (enter other prominent musical artist here) shows up on your doorstep and smacks some sense into your thick head.

douuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.
    you couldn't possibly have that more backwards! true art lives forever. it's the label-created mainstream bullshit that dies quickest you ass! there's no life in that music, because it's all a fabrication of something that has already been done -- and much much much better -- by an independent, underground band. few bands are engineered to be mainstream? how the fuck do you think this sudden wave of awful pop-punk trash has come up? just suddenly all these kids who sing all the same songs all the same way got their big breaks? don't be so fucking naive! when one band gets it right and gets that big hit single that every teenager will run out to buy, you'd better fucking believe that label is gonna get every single fucking band that even sounds remotely similar on to their roster and pump out that fucking record as fast has possible, while people still care. the great bands and originators of these sounds -- Cap'n Jazz, Fugazi/everything Dischord, 70s punk, 90s emotive hardcore especially (Jawbreaker, Saetia, Indian Summer, etc.) -- will be great forever.

most importantly:
    YOU HAVE BAD TASTE IN MUSIC.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.