johnson or scott?

• johnson or scott?

im interested who people find to be the better singer. tell me what you think about both singers.

# Listen. Lie Back. Dream. # Be. Exist. Journey. #
  • [spam]

[spam]

Stop the hate, NOW.
    Mudkips suck....
    Overall:

Weekly:
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 21 aug 2011, 15:30
  • Bon Scott, no doubt

I think both singers are awesome, but i have to choose Bon Scott as being the better singer. No doubt.

• ed_d sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 nov 2005, 00:43
    I like Bon Scotts vocals a more although like what DarkViperd00d said, they're both pretty good. And who knows what would have happened if Scott didn't die early, maybe he would have got the number 1 hits for them. I don't think you can say Johnson made the band great either, it was probably more the whole band developing and he just happened to be the singer at the time.

If you're interested in Australian hip-hop join here -> Aussie Hip-Hop
    Like watching AFL? Then join here -> AFL
    Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    Also check out my web site -> http://www.whoopwhoop.com.au
  • [spam]

[spam]

Stop the hate, NOW.
    Mudkips suck....
    Overall:

Weekly:
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 21 aug 2011, 15:30
    • revatman sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 nov 2005, 21:19

that's a loaded question..

Bon Scott's influence stopped when he died. Brian is still alive. Difficult to compare. Personally, Bon Scott was better.

One of the first concerts I ever went to was AC/DC. I think it was for their album "Who Made Who". I had serious doubts during the concert whether Brian would be able to pull off the earlier stuff recorded with Bon. In fact, I had doubts as to whether he'd be able to pull off the early stuff HE recorded, Back in Black, For Those About to Rock. As much as I love Brian, his voice was not very good. He has almost no range these days. It seems like that throaty rasp that he uses has thrashed his voice. I mean, his vocal chords are just blown out.

• Razyman sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2005, 22:39

Bon Scott.

I was raised up with AC/DC in a all biker family. I am 16 now. And AC/DC rock! lol anyway I heard every song there is out and got all the LP's of all the albums including a rarity and having listened to em all. Bon scott... Fucking amazing. Old school at its best. Bon Scott still a ledgend the music still rocks but lost the ac/dc fuzz about em. Bon scott kinda freestyled in a sence where he would just jump about and do stupid stuff which made him cool. Bon scott still gd singer doesnt have the zing lol. Well thats my view

kick ass!
    • ed_d sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2005, 00:47

Re: Bon Scott.

Quoth Razyman:
    I was raised up with AC/DC in a all biker family. I am 16 now. And AC/DC rock! lol anyway I heard every song there is out and got all the LP's of all the albums including a rarity and having listened to em all. Bon scott... Fucking amazing. Old school at its best. Bon Scott still a ledgend the music still rocks but lost the ac/dc fuzz about em. Bon scott kinda freestyled in a sence where he would just jump about and do stupid stuff which made him cool. Bon scott still gd singer doesnt have the zing lol. Well thats my view

You do realise the current AC/DC singer is Johnson? Correct me if I'm wrong but from what you wrote it sounds like you're talking like Bon Scott is still alive and singing for AC/DC???

If you're interested in Australian hip-hop join here -> Aussie Hip-Hop
    Like watching AFL? Then join here -> AFL
    Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    Also check out my web site -> http://www.whoopwhoop.com.au
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2005, 11:31
    SCOTT!... yeah sure at first, you would think hey, this guy is kewl, then he gets a tad annoying, then you discover a light of a shing becon of the master Bon Scott!

Halilurea!

• Bashmore sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2005, 18:20
    Gotta be Brian Johnson...for me Brian's voice just seems to fit the dirty rock n roll of the AC/DC stuff...don't get me wrong though Bon Scott is a legend...but Brian just snatches it for me

• Bon Scott.

Johnson is good but Scott is/was great.

• They both own.

But Brian Johnson owns more.

• BON SCOTT

i still like johnson, but scott was the greatest!

• Re:

Quoth mikeroach113:
    BRIAN JOHNSON ALL THE WAY!!!!!! He gave the band their first #1 album, and also their most successful album, and one of the greatest albums of all time:BACK IN BLACK! They also had more hits with Johnson. Plus 8 of their Top 10 most listened to songs here are from the Johnson era.

but johnson had more time to work on things

• Brian Johnson

I started listening to AC/DC almost 20 years ago with Brian Johnson, I didn't even know about Bon for some time then... Later I listened to the earlier albums and met with Bon's voice later... It was not hard to see that Bon was the original, however, he didn't reflect the fun like Brian does... When you see Angus playing his guitar between Brian's legs, you can see the fun they are having... Also it can be felt through Brian's voice, it's like he's loughing all the way... I don't know you guys, but I love it, I love it a lot... (c;

May the force serve you well..!
  • Bon Lives

I like Johnson but he doesn't come close to matching Bon Scott's awesome voice and prescence. I own Highway To Hell the album and I think that it is AMAZING. The riffs, the screech of Scott and Angus's wicked guitar skills. Sure Back In Black was a fantastic album but it doesn't match Bon's immortal vocals. Bon Scott Forever!!!

• Bashmore sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2006, 17:39

Re: Brian Johnson

Quoth Darth_Mouraut:
    you can see the fun they are having... Also it can be felt through Brian's voice, it's like he's loughing all the way... I don't know you guys, but I love it, I love it a lot... (c;

Cudnt agree more

• Hm,I like both of them.

Scott was very important for the band in the beginning. Everybody speaks still about Bon Scott, thatb might show, how popoular he still is.

• Användare
    • 30 mar 2006, 07:03
    I think Bon Scott is better but Johnson is doing very good job!!
    sin/city has one of the best Bon Scott clone vocals... sometimes
    it feels little like he's the man himself.
    If ya guys really are into rock then you should definitely try
    band called Rhino Bucket www.rhinobucket.com

• arthloco sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2006, 19:00
    anyone

• diprima sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 apr 2006, 15:24
    First of all , we should all be able to understand that popularity does not deem an album great, so thus any arguement that Brian is a better singer because of record sales just doesnt quite cut it. Keep in mind that the Rock scene did not explode until around the 1980. Hrmm ironically that is when Back in Black was released wasn't it. I am sorry, but popularity comes from fads and trends not raw talent. That being said, the issue is who is a better singer, and Bon Scott helped facilitate a blues rock feel in AC/DC, while Brian helped a more Hard Rock ( notice it is NOT Rock and Roll, that is what AC/DC played during the Bon Scott era) feel than before. So its a matter of preference over Blues-type Rock and Roll over Hard Rock. Personally i enjoy the unique style of the Bon Scott era, plus Bon Scott didnt have to strain to make his voice raspy, thats how it sounded. Overall Bon Scott was the better singer.

• diprima sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 apr 2006, 15:33
    Oh yea, not that Brian Johnson was a bad singer.. I like him alot too, he's just no Bon Scott.

• Bon Scott is the best there ever was and that there ever will be likely.

It's really no contest..Bon Scott was the best and I only wish he was alive past Feb 80 to take AC/DC into the stratosphere...as great as they were in the late 70's/early 80's...it would have been awesome to see them and what they could have done with Bon Scott throughout the 80's until today.

I can't say I'm really a huge fan of Brian Johnson although yes on Back In Black and FTATR and Flick of The Switch he was good..I think his voice got somewhat more irritating as the years have gone by.

There have been songs that have been good since 1980 but in general I've often thought just how much better AC/DC could be and would have been with Bon Scott at the helm leading the band. I think the band would have had a little more bluesy feel like with Powerage...they would have grown and developed but Bon's influence would have given that gritty raw feel to the songs better thna Brian Johnson can.

Powerage was the peak of the band in my opinion and yes Back In Black was good...very good in fact but with Bon Scott I think the album would have been smashingly brilliant and I'm pretty sure Thriller by Michael Jackson wouldn't have the record for most sold...that would instead belong to AC/DC.

• Användare
    • 30 maj 2006, 22:26

SCOTT

Bon Scott definitely! Brian Johnson is good, but enough to be better than the legend that is Bon Scott!

• wizoo sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jun 2006, 15:46
    Bon Scott gave a special sign to AC/DC's music, but Brian Johnson also rocks! Without them AC/DC won't be what it became.

Rockin' down the street

A group for people with a passion for rock and metal, no matter its subgenre Rockers united

Plan the future - Ideas for a better tomorrow
    Time Recursion - A chunk of time and space on its own
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.