• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 apr 2012, 13:06

Introduce yourselves.

TItle says it all... :)

If you're feeling particularly uninspired, feel free follow Kunal's format, I know I did. ;)

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 9 apr 2012, 13:44
  • Let's follow a loose format. It makes it easier.

Name:

Favourite Genres -
    Favourite Bands -
    Favourite Albums -
    Favourite Books -
    Favourite Movies -
    Favourite TV Shows -
    Beyond last.fm -
    How you found your way to here -

Other interesting trivia -

Edited to add a few more things.

Redigerad av sacredserenity den 9 apr 2012, 13:20
  • Me:

Name: Kunal

Favourite Genres - Sludge, Atmospheric Black Metal, Doom Metal
    Favourite Bands - My 12 month charts will give a good idea. Favourite Atmospheric BM bands i discovered recently are Addaura, Skogen, Mondstille
    Favourite Albums - Blood in Our Wells, No Help for the Mighty Ones, Symbolic
    Favourite Books - Hitchhiker's Guide, Catch-22, Eating Animals, The Handmaid's Tale
    Favourite Movies - The Haunting, The Innocents, Psycho, Into the Wild, Jacob's Ladder
    Favourite TV Shows - QI, Parks and Recreation, Community, The Office
    Beyond last.fm - RYM
    How you found your way to here - Whisperes told me about it.
    Other interesting trivia -

Redigerad av sacredserenity den 9 apr 2012, 14:08
    • Användare
    • 9 apr 2012, 13:16
    Thanks Kunal! I had completely forgotten about that in the first place.. Was just editing my post when you added this ;D

Name: Marieke (or Mariken)

Favourite Genres - Atmospheric/Ambient/Post-/Space/Depressive/Neoclassical Black Metal, Ambient rock, Neofolk, (classic) Hard rock and SOME Pagan/Folk metal.
    Favourite Bands - Fjoergyn, Dornenreich, Les Discrets, Glorior Belli, Klabautamann, Primordial, Guns n' Roses (yes, really ;)), Fejd, The Vision Bleak, Odroerir and many, many more.
    Favourite Albums - in general: Dornenreich's "Durch den Traum" Klabautamann's "Merkur", and Fjoergyn's entire discography ;)
    Favourite Albums - of 2011: Thy Catafalque's "Rengeteg", Lantlôs's "Agape" and Glorior Belli's "The Great Southern Darkness".
    Favourite Books (literary) - The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde. Silas Marner by George Elliot.
    Favourite Books (fantasy and such) - The Lies of Locke Lamora, by Scott Lynch, The Age of Five Trilogy by Trudi Canvan
    Favourite Movies - Into The Wild, El Orfanato, Splice, Sucker Punch, Gran Torino
    Favourite TV Shows - None, really.. I brainlessly watch cartoons early in the morning, and browse past National Geographic and Discovery Channel later on if I feel like watching TV.
    Beyond last.fm - Facebook, Wolfpuls (my music blog).

Other interesting trivia
    - I study English language and culture (I try to lay emphasis on classic literature and middle english in particular)
    - I wouldn't consider myself religious but I am a rather... spiritual person.
    - I am a hoarder when it comes to books, dvds/blurays and music (cds and vinyl).

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 9 apr 2012, 14:13
  • Name: Tjalling

Favourite Genres - (here comes the humongous list:P) (Atmospheric/Ambient/Raw/Depressive/Neoclassical/Pagan) Black Metal, (Melodic/Doom) Death Metal, (Funeral/Epic) Doom Metal, (Post/Ambient/Kraut) Rock, (Dark/Neo) Folk, (Neo) Classical, (Dark/Black) Ambient, Darkwave/Darkcore/Hardcore Techno/Trip Hop, and some other stuff.

Favourite Bands - (a bit of every genre) Urfaust, Blut Aus Nord, Circle of Ouroborus, Burzum, Paysage d'Hiver, Dornenreich, Branikald, Hypothermia, Ghost Brigade, Swallow the Sun, Scald(Rus.), God Is An Astronaut, Tangerine Dream, Les Discrets, Fejd, Nachtreich, Erik Satie, Sergei Rachmaninov, Dead Can Dance, DJ Ophidian, Boards of Canada, and a lot, lot more.
    Favourite Albums - Man, why such hard questions..:P Burzum - Hvis Lyset Rar Oss, Dornenreich - Flammentriebe, Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
    Favourite Books - Henry Thoreau - Walden, Tolkien - The Silmarillion.
    Favourite Movies - LOTR(very original), Into the Wild, Robin Hood(yes, the Disney version, because it kicks ass), Begotten.
    Favourite TV Shows - A lot of older National Geographic shows, A Touch of Frost. I mostly watch docu's.
    Beyond last.fm - www.yggdrasilscanopy.deviantart.com
    How you found your way to here - Well, I was asked by Marieke to become admin:P

Other interesting trivia - I make music. Projects: Stormwald, Zonnewende, Hollowvain. I also collect vinyl, and CD's as well.
    I study Graphic Design([shameless credit]I also made the logo[/shameless credit]:P)

• Användare
    • 9 apr 2012, 13:59
    This is where we all fall in awe at Tjalling's feet because of his mad designer skillz ;) <3

• Hehe, thank Illustrator instead:P

• Hey. :)

Name: Mickaël

Favourite Genres : Mmh, I'd say that it's something between black metal, neofolk and post-rock, although I'm quite eclectic. All in all, folk black, neofolk, post-rock, post-metal...
    Favourite Bands : A few picks in the aformentionned genres, October falls, Waldgeflüster, (recent) Todtgelichter, Les discrets, Altar of plagues, Jakob,... Outside of those genres, well, at least Viikate (melodic/old-school hard rock).
    Favourite Albums : I'd say the five on my profile, October falls - A collapse of faith, Waldgeflüster - Femundsmarka, Todtgelichter - Angst, Jakob - Solace, Altar of plagues - Mammal.
    Favourite Books : I don't read much. I'm more a writer.
    Favourite Movies : Not even sure! Don't have real favorites, even though there are movies I enjoy.
    Favourite TV Shows : Even worse, I don't watch TV at all.
    Beyond last.fm : Much, much. At least, on the internet, I'm running two blogs, http://ethereal-soundscapes.blogspot.fr/ you may like (music recommandations) and a french one http://inari-kettu.blogspot.fr/.
    How you found your way to here : Marieke wanted me in!

Other interesting trivia : Well, not sure if there's much to say. I'm 28, I'm a math teacher, and that's all I think. :)

• Introducing...

Name: Richard

Favourite genres: Black Metal (all kinds), Heavy Metal, Doom Metal, Rock (almost all kinds), (Neo-)Folk, (Neo-)Classical and when I'm in the mood: Jazz, Blues, Soul and Funk.
    Favourite Bands: Agalloch, Alcest, Dornenreich, Summoning, Les Discrets, Amesoeurs, Woods of Desolation, Austere.
    Favourite Albums: Agalloch (everything), Heretoir - s/t, Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason, Dornenreich - Flammentriebe & Bitter Ist's Dem Tod Zu Dienen, Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées, Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde & Écailles de Lune, Austere - To Lay Like Old Ashes, Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame & Oath Bound.
    Favourite Books: Clive Barker - Weaveworld, Stephen King (to hard to choose a favourite), Tolkien - The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings saga.
    Favourite Movies: Halloween, Friday the 13th, Braveheart, Gladiator, The Last Samurai and many more.
    Favourite TV Shows:
    Comedy: Family Guy, Scrubs, South Park
    Detective: Inspector Lewis, Morse & Midsomer Murders
    Beyond last.fm: I try to share my passion for obscure horror movies as an active member of the Dutch horrorfan website horror.nl
    How you found your way to here: Marieke told me.

Other interesting trivia: I like to play a bit guitar myself every now and then and I study Animal Management, a rather obscure education in the Northern part of the Netherlands which is mostly about animal-human relationships. I have a rather strange preference for obscure art in general (in all forms, so music, movies, paintings, etc.).

• Användare
    • 9 apr 2012, 15:04
    Obscure horror films, eh Richard? :)

Tell me, are you at all familiar with the glorious and overly fabulous Udo Kier? :D

• Udo Kier is one nasty bladder-fucker xD

• Användare
    • 9 apr 2012, 16:41
    Udo Kier is amaaaaaazing :p

INFINITE WISDOMS, EXPRESSED IN HIS FILMS ;)

• Name: Adrián (Cnoir)

Favourite Genres: Post-punk, black metal (post-/DSBM, atmospheric...), post-rock, shoegaze, deathrock...

Favourite Bands: The Cure, Agalloch, Migala, Dissection, Slowdive, Alcest, Nacho Vegas, Les Discrets, Yann Tiersen, Klimt 1918, Amesoeurs, Joy Division...

Favourite Albums: Unknown Pleasures (Joy Division), Ashes Against The Grain (Agalloch), Wish (The Cure), Ecailles de Lune (Alcest), F#A#oo (Godspeed You! Black Emperor), Storm Of The Light's Bane (Dissection)...

Favourite Books: 1984 (G.Orwell), Les Fleurs Du Mal (C. Baudelaire), Caballo de Troya (J.J. Benítez), Götzen-Dämmerung oder: Wie man mit dem Hammer philosophirt (F. Nietzsche)...

Favourite Movies: Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Amelie, Matrix, A Clockwork Orange...

Favourite TV Shows: The X Files.

Beyond last.fm - Guitar player (http://apocynthion.bandcamp.com/ | https://www.facebook.com/Apocynthion.Official) [Post-black metal/shoegaze]

How you found your way to here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/88247669913/

Other interesting trivia: I'm a physics student.

Cheers!

• Name: Lucca

Favourite Genres: Black Metal, Pagan Metal, Rap, Dubstep

Favourite Bands: Aaskereia, Nyktalgia, Shroud of Distress

Favourite Albums: Mit Raben und Wölfen, Peisithanatos, Nyktalgia, Be Happy

Favourite Books: I read alot, but I didn't like the books very much I read...

Favourite Movies: Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood / Lord of the Rings

Favourite TV Shows: I don't watch TV

Beyond last.fm: Facebook, Youtube..

How you found your way to here: Post Black Metal Group in Facebook

Other interesting trivia: I'm an actor, poet and musician.

• Name: Risen, Eija

Favourite Genres - atmospheric/depressive black metal
    Favourite Bands - visit my profile
    Favourite Albums - some of favourite artists. that's why they're favourite
    Favourite Books - I don't read
    Favourite Movies - sociological sandboxes
    Favourite TV Shows - I don't watch TV
    Beyond last.fm - where? lurking usually, sick of the regular people
    How you found your way to here - founders are my homies
    Other interesting trivia - survived mental death and recovering

• Användare
    • 10 apr 2012, 18:23
    Welcome aboard you guys! :)

For you musicians - please feel free to shamelessly promote your projects here. We've a special thread for that!

• I will as soon there is something I can promote ;)
    My guitarist and I are very lazy. Shame on us! :D

• Användare
    • 14 apr 2012, 06:19

• Re: Me:

Name: Hæresiarch Sr.

Favourite Genres - Black metal, neo-folk, dark ambient/neo-classical, Gregorian chant.
    Favourite Bands - Taake, Trist, Trist, Licht Erlischt..., Forseti, Хлад, Horna, Baptism, Sargeist, The Ruins of Beverast, Klage, Seigneur Voland, Peste Noire, Wyrd... etc.
    Favourite Albums - Impossible to say.
    Favourite Books - Die Leiden des jungen Werthers, Into the Wild, many major philosophical works. I hardly read read any fiction due to my education.
    Favourite Movies - No idea. I hardly watch movies.
    Favourite TV Shows - No idea.
    Beyond last.fm - @ YouTube
    How you found your way to here - I noticed that one of my bands was a Connected Artist.
    Other interesting trivia - Member of Sea of Trees, White Oak, 1774 and others. Other than that, I study Philosophy. Also, I'm a vegetarian.

• Användare
    • 19 apr 2012, 14:07
    Welcome. :)

Backslashh (whom you're undeniably familiar with, right? ;) ) and I had added a number of quality Dutch black metal bands which we felt related to the name of the group, so that should explain ;)

• Yeah, we know each other. Thanks :)

• ontzwart sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 apr 2012, 22:06
    Oh, I want to do this as well and will pat anyone on the head who would bother to read it!

Name: Nicky

Favourite Genres - Black metal, neo-folk, classical, triphop, chill-out, electro, post-rock, singer/songwriter.
    Favourite Bands - Forseti, Ulver, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Branikald
    Favourite Books - L'existentialisme est un humanisme, Morgenröte, La Citta Invisibili (Onzichtbare Steden) & The Iron Council
    How you found your way to here - I noticed that one of my bands was a Connected Artist.
    Other interesting trivia - I dispise post-black metal, blackgaze and whatever you silly kids are coming up with next.

• Pheneks sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2012, 21:41
    Name: Łukasz K. (It's pronounced Wu-kah-sh)

Favourite Genres - (Symphonic/Atmospheric/Ambient/Post-/Folk/Progressive/Orthodox/Melodic/Neoclassical/Experimental/Epic/Avant-garde) black metal, blackened death metal, (Brutal/Melodic) death metal, (Funeral) doom metal, folk metal, symphonic metal, (Symphonic) power metal, grindcore, (Blackened) crust, post-rock, (Blackened) shoegaze, aggrotech, industrial and (Dark) ambient.

Favourite Bands - Dissection, Antediluvian, Wintersun, Ahab, Amon Amarth, Summoning, Wolves in the Throne Room, Blut aus Nord, Emperor, Lost Horizon, Watain, Alestorm, Agalloch, Altar of Plagues, Taake, Mono, Alcest, Negative Plane, My Bloody Valentine, Primordial, Gojira, Ensiferum, Swallow the Sun, Peste Noire, Burzum, Tyr, Miserere Luminis, Týr, Behemoth, Deafheaven, and Krallice. (I have a ton more but these come to mind)

Favourite Albums - Wintersun, The Somberlain, Agony, The Call of the Wretched Sea, Black Cascade, Roads to Judah, and The Work Which Transforms God.

Favourite Books - The Hunger Games, The Thief Lord, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Chronicles of Narnia, a lot of Manga that I can't begin to name.

Favourite Movies - Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Clash of the Titans, 5 Centimeters per Second, The Sky Crawlers.

Favourite TV Shows - The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Avatar the Last Airbender, Fairy Tail, The Legend of Korra, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Pokemon.

Beyond last.fm - Anime, skateboarding, school, guitar, drums, video-games.

How you found your way to here - A rather unorthodox black metal artist.

I have a more detailed bio on my profile if anyone wants to know more about me, this is the spiel of it though.

I'm glad to be aboard!

"Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will 'cause I sure could use a vacation from this - stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit..."
  • ontzwart said:
    Other interesting trivia - I dispise post-black metal, blackgaze and whatever you silly kids are coming up with next.

Heuuuu :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.