"Only Death Is Real - An Illustrated History Of Hellhammer and Early Celtic Frost"

• Vyrmn sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jan 2010, 10:50

"Only Death Is Real - An Illustrated History Of Hellhammer and Early Celtic Frost"

"Only Death Is Real - An Illustrated History Of Hellhammer and Early Celtic Frost" Tom G. Fischer with Martin Ain, is available for pre-order. Detalis are Here.

Robert Ashley III of Vyrmn

www.myspace.com/multidimensional

Vyrmn "[2012]" EP available for FREE DOWNLOAD at
    http://vyrmn.blogspot.com/
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jan 2010, 10:31

Only Death Is Real \,,/

I can not miss this marvel. The design looks really promising, but if the Job Description which says: "This formidable quality hardcover too big, runs 288 pages (including a section of 32 pages in color), and combines hundreds of invisible principles and Hellhammer Celtic Frost pictures with a huge treasure of art and memorabilia .[...]"

To us (well in my case) the real fans of Hellhammer left us impressed. The downside is the price at the global level, so I do not care while they last. hehehe :P

• Vyrmn sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jan 2010, 19:16
    Supposedly there is going to be a "deluxe" package available at some point that will contain the book, the Triptykon album, and other stuff some of which will be autographed...but I couldn't wait. I preordered my copy of the book the 1st day it was available!

• I am waiting for it to become availabe through Amazon - it is half the price of the Bazillion points presale (p&p costs as much as the book itself).

But, the deluxe package is intriguing. What is your source?

Curse you all men,
    Whose coil is strong

Join Metal Guitar Addicts - the new home of extreme metal guitar
    • Vyrmn sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2010, 08:57
    The deluxe package was mentioned in one of Tom's forum postings a while back. The official Triptykon/CF forum board has been a-buzz recently about it as well, as there has been no further info on this "deluxe" version from either Tom, or the label, or the publisher thus far. I would expect that if it does happen, it will be sometime after both the album and book have been officially released. If I'm not mistaken, the deluxe version was to also include the Triptykon EP as well, made up of 3 songs recorded during the Eparistera Daimones sessions, that didn't make it onto the album proper. I would really be interested in the EP and other goodies, but I've already pre-ordered the book, and every format of Eparistera Daimones...

Tom Fischer's Blog

Tom's post on the Official Tripykon/Celtic Frost message board, Dec. 21st 2009 -

There will be a very beautiful vinyl edition of the album, making lavish use of the artwork. Due to the playing time of the "Eparistera Daimones", it will be a double album. It will also contain two posters. I am not a friend of releasing the same album in 20 different versions. I have agreed with Century Media that there will be only one standard edition of the CD proper, and that this standard edition will be as lavish as a special edition. It will be manufactured as a mediabook, i.e., it will be a CD-sized book with the CD tray as its back cover (a bit like the Hellhammer "Demon Entrails" special edition). Having said that, the North American industry and market are unfortunately opposed to such mediabooks, and the standard edition album will thus have to be released there as a regular jewel case CD (although with almost as much visual content). It is usual practice for a global release that bonus tracks are being requested by the Japanese market and by iTunes. Once they are officially released, however, they will be in the public domain immediately, and we will likely also feature them on MySpace etc. Going further than just the album, however, Prowling Death Records are planning to release a special limited edition collector's package, containing the vinyl edition of "Eparistera Daimones", the CD edition, an EP with the bonus tracks, the "Only Death Is Real" book, and some further limited edition collector's items. All of these components will be signed. Tom Gabriel Fischer, Zurich, Switzerland

• Vyrmn sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2010, 19:01
    I received my copy of the book a few days ago. I must say, all fan-boy-ness aside, it is an outstanding account of not only the inception of 2 of my my favorite bands, but also a very insightful, "insider's perspective" of the birth of extreme metal in general. I've waited for several years to finally read this, and the actual book surpasses anything I may have hoped for during that time. If you are a Hellhammer or Celtic Frost fan, it's a "must have". Recommended most highly.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.