Forum » Label Services Forum

Official Image on multi-artist page

• Fulvian sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jun 2008, 20:36

Official Image on multi-artist page

Napalm put an official image on Draconian page while there are at least 3 bands named "Draconian".

Could the image be set to "non-official"?

Quote from the FAQ:
    It is currently not possible to disambiguate artists with the same name, which means that if an artist shares their name with at least one other artist, they will have to share one Last.fm artist profile.

Please note that any other valid artist with the same name has the equal right to appear on such a shared profile, including their music, their pictures, their artist description and any other information on them.
    It is for instance not allowed to remove their description from the wiki (for more information about what a wiki about more than one artist with the same name should look like, please see this FAQ), and it is also not possible to have an official primary image for one artist, while there are other pictures for the other artist(s) which all users can vote for and thus decide which one of the artists should get the "main" image.

Thanks in advance.

• alcxxk sa...
    • Alumni
    • 30 jun 2008, 11:18
    Hi Fulvian,

I've deleted the "official" image for you.

Thanks,

Chris

• caban sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jul 2008, 18:17
    Hi,

Would it be possible to remove the official status for images on:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Spindrift

Many Thanks

• Done

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • caban sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jul 2008, 18:46
    Wow...thanks for the very fast response!!

A little question...if I use the music manager to upload images will that mean they will be official automatically?
    So if I like to add an image without making it official I should use the profile page for upload instead?

• alcxxk sa...
    • Alumni
    • 21 jul 2008, 16:32
    Hi caban,

Yes, please do this if you don't wish for the image to be "official".

thanks,

Chris

• Could you remove this image from the Mesh page as it's not of the band: http://www.last.fm/music/Mesh/+images/5380440

It is an image of Mesh STL who have their own page: http://www.last.fm/music/Mesh+STL

• alcxxk sa...
    • Alumni
    • 22 jul 2008, 14:54
    Hi magdalena_orion,

This is done now.

Thanks,

Chris

• Cheers Chris, you've made many people, including myself, very happy.

• alcxxk sa...
    • Alumni
    • 24 jul 2008, 10:05
    Ha any time :)

Chris

• Hi there,
    do you think you could you remove the "official image" for Tiebreak?
    There's a legendary Norwegian HC band with the same name

• alcxxk sa...
    • Alumni
    • 11 aug 2008, 15:24
    Hi nazzpunk,

This has been done for you now.

Thanks,

Chris

• decoded sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 aug 2008, 10:46
    Hello,

There seems to be two artists named Canaan. The current artist photograph was, I believe, uploaded by the lesser known of those two artists; it must have official status as it's far out-voted by photographs of the other. Could someone please remove the official status? Thanks.

http://www.last.fm/music/Canaan

• There's more than one artist by the name of Sophia. But there is now an official picture uploaded (http://www.last.fm/music/Sophia/+images/11230345). Can this be deleted?

• DFA1979 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 11 sep 2008, 10:10
    I've now deleted the official images from the two posts above.

• Just another perspective on this. I understand why with multiple artists one should not be able to "officially" upload an image, particularly if the lesser known aritst does so. However, we are saddled with a really old band image that was the only one up on Last-fm for a few years before we found the site and uploaded more, and have 12 other images that outrank the only one of the other band with the same name (Ikon). It's going to be years before we ever get a reasonable photo (and our current line-up) on our page. I know the vagaries of the voting system means an older image may be preferred by fans, but in this case it's something that was just there forever and now we're locked out of changing it because of another artist that has one image ranked below every single one of ours.

Artists with a unique name can choose their preferred promotional image, but even with 14 images that outrank one from another artist, we can't choose to ditch an old (and rather crap!) photo.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2008, 01:41
    Could you please delete the official image for Four Days To Burn? I am the bass player for the band and would like to have a different image other than this. The guy who ran the label that put out one of our records started this page but has since fell off the earth apparently. Thanks.

• Hi IKONtheband: is it that the current photo is of yourselves, but with an older lineup? The voting system should work on "recently popular" as opposed to historical numbers of votes, so we'd advise you to keep on getting people to vote for your newer images.

Negative_D: the official image has been removed.

Thanks,
    Helen

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 okt 2008, 22:01
    Thanks Helen for deleting. Can you delete the other image that was uploaded by DaDa Drumming as well? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Hi Negative_D,

Is this an incorrect image of the artist? If not it can be dealt with via the voting system.

Thanks,
    Helen

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13 okt 2008, 01:27
    An official image on a multi-artist page: http://www.last.fm/music/Upraw/+images/2860463

• Sawa too has an official image even though it's a multi-artist.

Is it just a passing phase? / Do your methods change each day
    Forgiving nothing is being kind / You turn your back and you left us behind
  • Can u plz change the official Tishma picture?

Hi I'm managing the page of the pop star Tishma. can u plz delete the official picture, because i have better pictures that i'd like to use. thanks.Tishma

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 okt 2008, 07:46

Re: Can u plz change the official Tishma picture?

Tishmaonline said:
    Hi I'm managing the page of the pop star Tishma. can u plz delete the official picture, because i have better pictures that i'd like to use. thanks.Tishma

That one's not marked as an official image. You can just vote it down, upload a new one, and vote the new one up to rank it higher.

• eddb sa...
    • Alumni
    • 15 okt 2008, 15:41
    Hi,

colorful0: There aren't any official images on the Sawa page, they are ordered by votes. To get your image higher up the ranks, keep on voting for it.

Tishmaonline: the photo I found on the page isn't an official image. If you upload your own image through the Music Manager - this is the official image - and will be placed at the front. Any other photos uploaded by users will be placed after the official photo and order in order of the number of votes they receive.

Cheers,
    Edd

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.