Forum » Label Services Forum

Update Audio

• Update Audio

I have remastered version of my songs. Is it possible to update the audio files?

• Skiye sa...
    • Event Moderator
    • 1 jun 2012, 16:11
    personally, i would tag them (id3) with "Album Name (Remastered)" and upload them separately to the original, as not to loose any stats/plays if you delete the original track(s) to re-upload the new ones. i think (not 100% sure) that deleting the originals and re-uploading the remastered versions would be the only way to achieve otherwise.

• thanks,
    Antonio

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 jun 2012, 00:44
    You don't lose any plays or stats by deleting a track. The only issue is that sometimes the old version of the track can hang around. So if you upload a new file with the same track name, you might just want to check that the right version plays on the radio. Or if you make it available for free download, check whether the file that users can download has actually changed.

If you upload albums or tracks with different names like '(remastered)', that's when the stats start from scratch, and it might frustrate users too. It avoids the problem of the old versions hanging around though.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.