Forum » Label Services Forum

Nobody has Similar Artists linked to my Artist

• Nobody has Similar Artists linked to my Artist

Hi there.

Artist = Vinyl Williams

Have 30,000 plays or so. Yet, can't find a single artist on Last.fm that links up to Vinyl Williams in the 7 most similar artists on any page. Why is this? I'm sure listeners that listen to also listen to some other music that is statistically within the same realm. Help??

• Same question for Distant Sun. I guess you should have about 100k listens to appear on someone's similar artists list.

BTW it would be a nifty statistic in the Music Manager if it showed what artists your band is similar to (not vice versa like on your artist page) so that we wouldn't have to search for this.

• Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!! Last.fm get with it!

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 16 apr 2012, 23:44
    I checked Google, but their data is very incomplete. The only successful result was 8th in Alex Bruno's list and the similarity is low:
    http://www.google.com/search?q="Vinyl+Williams"+site:last.fm+intitle%3A"similar+artists+to";

If you pick which of your similar artists you think are actually similar, it would help if you and your fans listen to those artists, add common tags and so on.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.