Forum » Label Services Forum

Similar Artists Stuck

• Similar Artists Stuck

Hi

Disko-ions

My Similar artists seems to be stuck. I made what could be considered a 'witch house' track nearly 2 years ago and my similar artists were calculated. Problem is that I don't make witch house and despite having other tracks which have as many plays, different tags and of a different genre these witch house artists are still there and dominate my similar artists.

Also if I go to my tracks in the 'People who listen to this also like' list I get larger signed acts not from the witch house community but these don't show in the 25 pages of similar artists.

Most of my similar artists have 100-1000 listeners and I now have nearly 4000, why aren't I getting similar artists with a similar play count? It is holding back my exposure as if I was featured on the stations of artists with the same amount of listeners as me, I would get more traffic.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Scott

• Any ideas guys?

• I've spent over £300 on Powerplay campaigns over the last few years so a reply would be nice. Thanks.

• Hi Scott,

I'm seeing that on your overall artist tags, the largest tags are still 'new for 2010' and 'free download' - we recommend that you tag your artist overall as well as tracks, to encourage other users to do so, and help Last.fm gain more meaningful data to update your similar artists.

I haven't heard any other reports of similar artists being stuck, but we'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
    Helen

• Dubdead sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 maj 2012, 12:20

Same here

Hi Helen

the similar artist section for the artist INFRA also never changed from the point where the last.fm algorithm took over. I tagged the tracks and the artist today and am curious if this problem will persist. Would be nice if you could have a look at it, too.

Thanks

Dubdead

• Hi,

It will take at least a week for new tags to take effect, but as fans interact further with an artist's music, you should see a change in the similar artists if they're not currently relevant.

Thanks,
    Helen

• rephlect sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 15:52

Still

Hey Helen

I had a look at many of the top and recent listeners of INFRA and I saw that kinda half of them has listened to a few of the featured similar artists but mostly didn't listen to them a lot. How come they still don't change for nearly two years now? This seems rather odd. Plus most of those artists sound very different. Is there a chance for you to update them with a click?

Thanks

rephlect

Analysis In Progress…
  • Hi,

It's not possible for us to push an update, however I see that largely your similar artists have tags in common with your music, so it appears that's still the heaviest weighting as regards your artist similarity. If you have a look at the artists you believe are more similar to you and the type of tags they're receiving, this might give you an idea of the kind of tags you should use on your own music.

Thanks,
    Helen

• vroom64 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 maj 2012, 19:45
    hi helen,

rephlect is not the only one noticing that there was no recalculation of similar artists for a really long time (2 years!!!). i looked at more than 7 artists and there was NO change at all. lastfm seems to be static - regardless of tagging and powerplays. sorry, but for me lastfm is completely out of date.

• rephlect sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 20:57
    Hey Helen

of course these artists have a lot of tags in common with my artist because they do kind of the same music as my artist but there are thousands of those on last.fm who do, too.
    It is as vroom64 said: tagging seems to be quite useless. So what is the real solution here? Getting involved becomes hard when you not see any progress.

Thanks

rephlect

Analysis In Progress…
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.