Forum » Label Services Forum

Is the song import still not working?

• same problem

"Upload failed checks – Unexpected Server Error - Unable to read the file, possibly corrupt?. Please delete it and upload a correct file."

although already tried all possible converter. and taken to 128 kbps, CBR, and 44.1kHz....

There are other restrictions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• kostastoziss

• CoP0C sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2012, 13:26

tracks longer than 6 mins will not upload to my label

Songs successfully uploaded to personal artist page do not upload to label page CoPOC , unless they are shorter than 6 minutes. Longer songs result in "Upload failed checks – Unexpected Server Error - Unable to read the file, possibly corrupt?..." message, even though they test-upload perfectly well at artist page.
    I've kept trying - maybe 25 times during week - but without success. Can anyone help please?

Best Wishes - EP

• cronica sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2012, 15:20

upload limit

last.fm support just confirmed by email that songs over 30-minutes will not be correctly uploaded. seems like this was causing my problem, as my file was 43 minute long.

• kraftsun sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2012, 21:21

• Thank you cronica for posting. You've helped make sense of the situation. Now I know the score, I can hopefully tailor future uploads to comply.

Best Wishes - EP

• Same problem?

Hi, I just uploaded my first five songs last night. I seem to be having the same problem as all the others. When I type in my artist name the player says that there isn't enough music on it or something like that.
    In my manager the same message comes up as others have reported... The "why not upload it" message is there on all five songs...
    Do I need to do anything or will this be addressed from the Last FM end? Please advise?
    Thanks, Jon Whaley

Experience spiritual freedom, Practice community responsibility, Teach and love your children well.
  • ditto

upload of the tracks 10+ mins = fail.
    import of the album containing 3 tracks, each below 10 mins = fail.

Failed Imports:
    Napierdalatek 2012

including:

Pounding Circus pt 1
    Pounding Circus pt 2
    Pounding Circus pt 3

• You would think that a big company like CBS could fund a website that doesn't have chronic bugs like this.

• ZolloZ sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2012, 14:04

Same problem

Upload of tracks are not possible (tracks with 10+ mins or 10 - mins = fail) since over a week. The answer result in "Upload failed checks – Unexpected Server Error - Unable to read the file, possibly corrupt?". I need the same format as ever. Why this problems now?

• annieG5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2012, 00:22

What really going on here?

I am getting incomplete import and failure to import and messages such as come back later but search for other artists when I attempt to upload the album cover, download the song to make sure consumers have easy access. In addition there was message that we did not have enough content for online streaming which means there're no AirPlay to earn any royalties during the 14 day free trial. I think the glitches are intentional to generate revenue. Give me a no nonsense response to correct these issues

• annieG5 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2012, 01:02

/_\drian Daniel

/_\drian DanielMEMOIR of a STONERTrue LovinOut of GasLetDestinyCome/LDC/_\drian DanielAdrian Daniel & LDCAdrian Daniel/_\drian Daniel

• Hello Supportteam

Hello.
    The problem is not solved yet. Uploads are not possible.

This error message: Upload failed checks – Unexpected Server Error - Unable to read the file, possibly corrupt?. Please delete it and upload a correct file.

• Hi all,

If you're still getting error messages such as this when you try and upload a correct file, please get in contact with us via email so we can get files to test. I'll put a message in our sticky threads to indicate this too, as we're unable to get much detail over the forums.

Thanks,
    Helen

• Cootason sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2012, 23:01

Still having upload issues

Sent in some 160 and 128 Stereo MP3's only to be stopped on my third upload and ive rendered it 3 times checked it over and changed from 128-160 still no go. hmm the files are between 6 mins and 7 mins long..

• Cootason sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2012, 23:02

:(

will have to put my Single on Soundcloud till problem solved sorry guys.

• anima_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 16:21
    damn, we've just released the album :(

• I still can't upload new tracks, last.fm throws the "Wrong bitrate" error no matter what bitrate I use.

Could this get fixed? This is kind of a site-breaking error.

• Hi muncadunc,

We've had a couple of reports of this but it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone - could you get in touch under the 'Uploads' heading so we can get a test file from you?

Thanks,
    Helen

• wommwomm sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jul 2012, 21:07

Upload works but...

Upload works but after managing songs I've got to click "Import Release" - and I get straight redirected to upload my songs as a new artist ... what I just did before ... I'm in a loop- landing always on following page after pressing the confirmation-button: http://musicmanager.last.fm/manage/forcedupload

• Hi,

Could you try this again? It may have been a temporary problem, but if not then please get in touch and we can obtain a test file from you.

Thanks,
    Helen

• wommwomm sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jul 2012, 14:26

...the browsers caused the problems!

Hi Helen,
    thanks for trying to help out - found out that using IE-Browser (latest version) caused the issue. In Firefox even the upload didn't work...

BUT solution using Opera-browser - no problems here!!!

Now I came one step further: "Queued Releases

These are the releases you've uploaded or edited recently, some of which are queued for our giant computer brain to ingest, and will be available on Last.fm as soon as possible."

Hope this will help finding the issue if this comes accross you again!
    Cheers
    Jens

• MsLivy sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2012, 22:04

still doesn't work

neither firefox nor opera doesn't work for me. I just can't upload ANY track.

• Kicchou sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jul 2012, 04:31
    It hasn't been working for the past few days for me either. I just keep getting the "Upload failed checks – Unexpected Server Error - Please try again later. Please delete it and upload a correct file." error.

• Hi,

Please see this thread for staff updates on the current uploading issue.

Thanks,
    Helen

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.