Forum » General Discussion

Bands that everyone likes--except you

• omgmandy sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 05:27

Bands that everyone likes--except you

For me, it's Gorillaz. I just can't get into their music, but everyone says they're so great.

That, and every rap artist. Like, ever.

LISTENS TO PINEBARK! :D
    • Feanor sa...
    • 23 mar 2006, 05:28
    Most of the top artists here

If you're a Kiwi, please join the Hurrah for Kiwialism group | Groups for cool people:this this this this
    • kaos666 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 06:24
    'И навеки прощаясь....Цветок и Нож'

Join the Crusade against iPods! | Lazy? We Attack Tommorow!
  • Alas.
    • gignomai sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 06:37

Re:

Quoth Feanor:

Agreed.

• Worked sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 23 mar 2006, 07:27
    The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie Seriously now, when I first joined this website, I checked out the top artists page. I downloaded the top 2 songs of each of these artists. And wow.. They both really suck I have no idea wtf all the hype is about. The Postal Service sounds like a sleepier version of Coldplay. I guess I really don't like Indie music..

• imafreak

well, for me its:

fall out boy
    coldplay
    U2
    other soft rock bands like it
    gorrilaz
    all american rejects
    gwen stefani
    missy elliot
    any other pop star like that
    any rap artist
    hot hot heat
    simple plan

i like pretty much anything else

the funny thing about the post from Worked is that both of the artists that were mentioned come from where I live (bellingham, WA)

hell yeah!
  • Fall Out Boy
    Most "emo" acts.

• Re:

Quoth Worked:
    The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie Seriously now, when I first joined this website, I checked out the top artists page. I downloaded the top 2 songs of each of these artists. And wow.. They both really suck I have no idea wtf all the hype is about. The Postal Service sounds like a sleepier version of Coldplay. I guess I really don't like Indie music..

I agree. They are awful.
    Trust me, there is better so-called "indie" music out there.

• Like Feanor said. Here is a lot i dont like, but i dont wanna list it right now.

• There's a lot out there I don't like. Most of it can be found by turning on the tv, they really do play utter shit on MTV and Much....

I don't hate mainstream blindly, bands like Three Days Grace and Linkin Park are both on my charts somewhere (I have seen 3DG live) despite the large amounts of media coverage and air time they have both had.

Most rap turns me off, right away. A couple artists like Lil Jon and Ludacris will hold my attention for a while, while Rehab can be found way up near the top of my charts.

The biggest thing for me is how people enjoy noise metal, like Converge and Melt Banana or Lets-Play-As-Fast-As-We-Can metal like Cannibal Corpse.... I just don't get it. I've tried, I really have, but I can't think of it as music.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 09:24
    Coldplay..

• Chapple sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 09:47
    Arctic Monkeys.

Erg.

• Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 09:47
    coldplay
    death cab for cutie
    arctic monkeys

everyone told me that's "my type of music" and they are so good and i should listen to it, i'll like them for sure.

no. i. don't.

contrariwise...

• Re:

Quoth RageOfOrder:
    The biggest thing for me is how people enjoy noise metal, like Converge and Melt Banana

both of these bands are amazing.
    *captain mannering* STUPID BOY!
    and we'll ignore the 'noise metal' comment (~:.

well. if you take the top10 from here overall..i can tolerate a few nirvana, system, and metallica songs at best. and that is all really.
    also, all of those bands like guns N roses, aerosmith, bon jovi, etc. are just horrible.

i am ftw nsfw qft on the internet
    • Turnado sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 09:59
    Only about 3 of my close friends have a good taste in music, everyone else just like Artic Monkeys and crap because its fashionable, they follow the hype and all spirt out the same crap about how great they are.

• Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 09:59
    Linkin Park. Yuck.

Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, most Myspace bands.

• muz sa...
    • Alumni
    • 23 mar 2006, 10:03
    *awaits the wrath of the indiekid supremes*

• Taking Back Sunday
    i understand not everyone would like them
    but the people who listen to similar music
    all like them.
    i don't get it.

• The Postal Service don't suck, they're great :)

Didn't connect with me at first, but I like the guys voice and to me the electronica is a bit different.

And they're from the same place as Death Cab for Cutie because one of two main members in The Postal Service happens to be in Death Cab for Cutie...

Looking at top 10 artists, I don't like...

The Beatles
    Death Cab for Cutie
    Green Day
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Gorillaz (although actually they've got some good songs)

Delving into the next 10

Pink Floyd (haven't actually explored them, I would probably like them if I did)
    U2
    The White Stripes (consistenly last.fm's top recommendation for me...)
    Weezer (well okay they've got this one awesome song called Undone (The Sweater Song)
    Beck
    Franz Ferdinand (heard 'em enough on radio and TV)
    The Cure
    David Bowie

• asmox sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 10:16

Re:

Quoth Feanor:

^_______________^
    • dannniel sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 10:19
    radiohead, nirvana, sigur ros, radiohead, radiohead, sigur ros, radiohead, nirvana, radiohead

• Användare
    • 23 mar 2006, 10:20
    Oh yes, I forgot Green Day, Pink Floyd and the Beatles.

50 Cent. My God, 50 Cent. A world where 50 Cent is more popular than MF Doom is a world that has serious problems.

• Quoth dannniel:
    radiohead, nirvana, sigur ros, radiohead, radiohead, sigur ros, radiohead, nirvana, radiohead

awwww...but sigur ros are loverly (¬:

i am ftw nsfw qft on the internet
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.