Forum » General Discussion

Do you accept every friend request you receive?

• Do you accept every friend request you receive?

So let me ask...

Do you accept every friend request you receive?

How do you base your acceptance or ignorance of friend requests?

As a matter of curiosity...what drives you to add someone as a friend?

Lately i have received a few, what i would consider to be, random friend requests from people i have not shared even a post with in the GD or other groups. It seems we have similar tastes in music; however, in my humble opinion, that isn't enough to be added as a friend.

Having said that... what difference does it make if you have 200 friends on last.fm...i guess none. But for some reason i take the whole friend request fairly seriously and only reach out to people that I have spoken to on a fairly regular bases on GD or other groups. Maybe thats why i have very few friends and shouts :)

Anyways...just curious what other folks thoughts and criteria is on the whole "Friend Request".

Cheers,
    u

note:upfront apologies if this thread has been done a thousand times before

think about it...
    • Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 jun 2010, 03:35
    i do if you introduce yourself or talk to me a little first, but to just randomly add me is kind of strange. if that happens, i'll send a message back expecting a response before accepting at least. =)

• I reject majority of friend requests. All from people I've never seen and with low compatibility. What's the incentive?

• Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 jun 2010, 03:37
    Yeah, I'm with Skiye on this one. You don't have to know me on a personal level, but it would be nice if you said hi or introduced yourself before requesting a friendship. It makes things more appealing as for where politeness goes. But I always reject friend requests from people that don't say anything at all.

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]
    • NFXFSX sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 05:57
    Depends if I talk to them or if they actually are present on the site often. Speaking of which I need to clean my list.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 07:43
    No.

Most of 'em are people I know from elsewhere, or people I've had ongoing communications with on here.

• Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 08:32
    I reject pretty much all of them.

Yesterday someone with a Lady GaGa avatar added me (my first hint that this was a pointless request.) I looked at her profile and we had absolutely nothing in common. Why would this person want me on their friend list?

• i do accept em all, it doesnt hurt me, maybe i make them happy. lol
    nd if it gets too much i'll just delete the ones i dont know =)

Shit-faced

Shit-faced,Adj. Invincible but incapable.
    Suffering from extreme loss of balance, co-ordination and sex appeal.
    liable to sleep anywhere.
    Babbling incoherently with loss of most bodily functions.
    • rezozero sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 11:13
    i accept most of them.
    no need to be one of those "VIP" peepz on here 4shizzl.

• I accept most but I check out their profile first and see what music their into. If we have high compatibility and something makes me want to start a conversation with them than I add them.
    If we have said hello or something like that before the add than I'm more than happy to accept.

• Ilyala sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 11:50
    I'll generally only add someone if I share a few bands in common with them or if I've had a form of contact with them.

Someone should make a Twilight mod for Castlevania! Wouldn't it be awesome to kill Edward Cullen instead of Dracula?
  • I'll add them, and if we haven't talked before I'd post something like "What's up?" on their profile.

Then after a while I'll go through my friends list and clean out the ones that don't talk to me, ya know, cause what's the point of having a friend if they don't even talk to me. Compatibility doesn't matter to me. Although it is nice to receive some recommendations.

• jsam93 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 12:10
    I'm willing to accept any friend requests, especially if the sender has high compatibility with me. I'd like to think others on here would do the same. It doesn't kill anyone to accept a request

• I would but since I'm barely here....I don't get many.

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 jun 2010, 12:48
    well, i find no matter what the users compatibility to me is, that we can still be friends. i actually rather enjoy friends with low compatibility, that way, when i listen to their libraries, i am sure to hear something new and interesting that i hadnt before. =)

• Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 12:56
    Thats true ^ they could have similar interests if not in music and might have more variety or a genre you never thought to listen to before

i generally accept most, i'd feel bad otherwise, i generally send them a message to find out what the craic is =D

• yeah if they seem cool or a fit bird

• i_lk sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 13:17
    lebensmude said:
    Why would this person want me on their friend list?
    Because you're cool. :)

Haha, I accept more friend requests than I should. I dunno. I don't have any reason to accept them, but I don't have any reason to reject them either... besides the fact that I don't know them.

06.21.10 n'all you want is a rainbow. n'all you get is the rain. - Animal Kingdom

And one day we will die, and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea. But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see. Love to be in the arms of all I'm keeping here with me. - Neutral Milk Hotel
  • i always accept, :P nothing changes

• yeah. no reason not to. its not you have pics or personal info here, it's lastfm not facebook.

• Nope, but I don't ignore them either. I currently have 9 pending friend requests. So far, I've accepted three from forumers, DestroyingEmily, Lisafur (interesting girl, both politically and sexually), and DaddyPobbin.

I personally don't mind if someone who friend requests me doesn't introduce themselves or leave a shout. But I do feel a bit guilty if I don't thank them for adding me. If I friend request someone, which isn't often because I'm a right picky bastard, I like to at least throw them a half-decent compliment.

EDIT: I'm down two friends! Apparently these two ladies have recently deleted their accounts :(

DestroyingEmily said:
    me with my favorite album :)

Just me

Lisafur said:

*wipes tear from eye*

• I rarely leave a message or a shout before I add someone because I find it rather hard to approach someone. So if they accept the request usually I'll leave them a message, it doesn't really matter to me if we have high tastes. I like talking to people :)

• boredstiff- said:
    I'll add them, and if we haven't talked before I'd post something like "What's up?" on their profile.

Then after a while I'll go through my friends list and clean out the ones that don't talk to me, ya know, cause what's the point of having a friend if they don't even talk to me. Compatibility doesn't matter to me. Although it is nice to receive some recommendations.

Pretty much this.

I also tend to take the friendship thing a tad seriously, as you said U. Only a very few of my friends were requested by me, because I felt a connection or knew (and liked) them a while. Think I said this before, but the person whom I am the closest to on here, is not even in my friends list. ; )

Looks like it may be time to clean house again too..

Has our Autumn died...Help me find you again
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 13:56
    I've only ever removed one person from my friends list here.

• Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 14:06
    i'd add ppl with very similar tastes because it feels like the right thing to do

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.