Forum » General Discussion

Do you accept every friend request you receive?

• munsu- said:
    i'd add ppl with very similar tastes because it feels like the right thing to do

i agree with you :P but i rarely even add people, i feel like im intruding in on them if i havent had any contact with them

• Sure

Why not?

C'est la dame sans merci
    • sgath92 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 15:06
    I accept just about all friends requests on sites I am active on. I can't remember I turned one down here or on FB, but I am sure it has happened at some point.

• No, why should I? I had already around 20 random friend requests pending of people who seem to "collect friends" and/or just have similar taste but never left a word saying "hi" or anything else.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 18:58
    nah I don't accept all, but I don't request many either.

If you want to get a lot of friends, i'd suggest putting in your avatar and posting random pictures of a very attractive female with lots of cleavage. that should do the trick. :D. pathetic

• Usually, I do. But sometimes you just have to say no.

• Användare
    • 11 jun 2010, 19:26
    zubernoodle said:
    Sure
    Why not?

Because you'd have a load of random strangers who you know nothing about connected to your profile?

• lebensmude said:
    zubernoodle said:
    Sure
    Why not?

Because you'd have a load of random strangers who you know nothing about connected to your profile?

You mean, ^ like mine? : )

I add them when they come, I ask them when I go. All in the hopes, they will discover something musical along the way. Many do not ever say thank you, or hello, but that is okay too, as long as they browse, hear music and satisfy their curiousity.

If they do say 'hello' and 'what's up'? I chat back with anyone willing to talk.

So, who wants to be next? : )

• Användare
    • 12 jun 2010, 19:42
    only similar-minded people :)

• nuklr sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jun 2010, 20:02
    i will usually accept if they talk to me / i like their charts / super or very high compatibility.

• Användare
    • 12 jun 2010, 20:10
    no.

• Användare
    • 12 jun 2010, 22:24
    Yeah, looking for activity for this damn site.

• Iam04 said:
    I've only ever removed one person from my friends list here.

Well, I need to just quit accepting the random requests from unknowns, then I won't have to keep removing them later. I just deleted 30+, yet once again...ugh.

Has our Autumn died...Help me find you again
    • Reorxo sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jun 2010, 23:09
    I only add people with whom I have been in contact. Strangers would simply clutter the list and get on the way.

No use accepting a person I've never even talked with and plan on keeping it that way.

• i've been getting 2-3 friend requests a day so i usually refuse them unless someone has the courtesy to say hello

• Användare
    • 13 jun 2010, 04:44
    I accept every friend request. I don't see why not.

• kieranee sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2010, 05:40
    nuklr said:
    i will usually accept if they talk to me / i like their charts / super or very high compatibility.

Same here.

kieranee
  • dopeyslowpoke said:
    I accept every friend request. I don't see why not.

True, true. Golly gee, I like you DSP : )

Besides, look at all the 'Neighbors Radio' you get, when you have over 1000 friends.

Since I am an old ugly skeleton type, don't have to worry about the creeps - I am a creep. Psychologically deformed? I am psychologically informed, so bring it on. Are you lonely? I'll be your friend. Need some help with Lastfm? I enjoy helping anytime and if I can't find the answer, we can work on it until we do,...or stalk the staff until they go crazy, or give us an answer, Heheee =)

• Mamaatti sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2010, 09:58
    I accept only people worth accepting.

lost in the kingdom of Narnia,
    brought back by nostalgic feelings
  • I accept people with similar taste or ones I know IRL or through forums. But if someone adds me with similar taste and never talks to me (I generally drop them a line saying, "sweet you listen to ____, any recommendations?" or something like that in the hope of some correspondence - which generally occurs) then I end up removing them after a month or so. My friends list only has people I talk to on forums/facebook/IRL/messages/shouts.

Don't diss random adds though 'cause they can sometimes work out really well :) I've added a few people who have similar taste and are in groups I'm in (e.g. the Vegan and Veggie group) and struck up awesome conversations!

However, I get a fair few adds from people I've never spoken to/encountered on here who have barely any music in common with me and I ignore them.
    Oh and I can ignore a few people where I see they have hundreds of friends, others have accepted them and tried to chat to them and been ignored.

• I usually accept all of them, unless it's some creepy old person who has no music in common with me.

• Användare
    • 13 jun 2010, 18:57
    I accept the majority now. I used to have a ''please don't randomly add me'' on my profile, but it got ignored. Plus, some people start talking to you *after* you've accepted them, so you never know.
    Generally, i add people who seem fun to talk to, but i hardly ever request friends.

• honoraryhearts said:
    I usually accept all of them, unless it's some creepy old person who has no music in common with me.

Guess that leaves my old arse out : ( Hmmm, wonder if we do have any music in common? Gonna go lurk your page now : )...

...Music you have in common includes: The Beach Boys, Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles, Modest Mouse, The Flaming Lips and Gorillaz.

Okay, an old guy just stalked your profile, but the music looked good : )

• Chromath sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2010, 20:40
    No

• holly75 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jun 2010, 00:44
    Yes, I usually do. If I were to only add people I had a very high or super compatibility with, I would never discover new artists and maybe the person adding me wants to discover new artists themselves. It makes no difference to me. Once in a while, I go through and clean my list out if I've never spoken to that person.

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.