Forum » General Discussion

Do you accept every friend request you receive?

• SaoCartel said:
    Candyheart33 said:
    I do... I don't want to offend anyone. I don't want the awkward moment when they ask "so why did you reject my friend request?" and I'm like "um........................". I'm happy to be anyone's friend anyway :)

You could.... just not reply?

That would be rude though. And what if they kept asking?

• Candyheart33 said:

That is creepy, so I would just block them. It's just the internet anyways. Most will forget and move on within a week at most.

• Oreiora sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 apr 2012, 10:13
    Pretty much, most of the time its me sending the requests though. I usually accept requests straight away if we have super or high compatibility.

• SaoCartel said:
    Candyheart33 said:

That is creepy, so I would just block them. It's just the internet anyways. Most will forget and move on within a week at most.

Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean you can forget your manners.

• mklinsao sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 apr 2012, 21:58
    I'll accept most friend requests, provided that the person's profile doesn't make him or her out to be a total creep. I mean, if the person is a 52-year-old man, lives with his parents, and persistently tries to contact me using way-too-friendly approaches, I'm not going to accept. I prefer to avoid pedophiles. :| Otherwise, I'm pretty willing to add friends. :)

• V1nc3ntK sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 apr 2012, 22:21
    Hell no. Why would I?
    Super compatibility will do it, usually. Or if a person is consistently funny or even just interesting in the DD or game threads. But adding for the sake of adding? Nope.

The Ancient DisOrder of the Last FM Round Table
  • Only if the compatibility is High, Very High or Super...or if I've made friends with them through forums or on groups, but I usually accept them anyway, provided they're not a total creep or anything...

• Candyheart33 said:Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean you can forget your manners.
    This made me chuckle, you must not venture very deep into the abyss of the internet too often/ever.

• SaoCartel said:
    Candyheart33 said:Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean you can forget your manners.
    This made me chuckle, you must not venture very deep into the abyss of the internet too often/ever.

Just because loads of people are assholes on the internet doesn't make it right, and doesn't excuse you from being rude. You're still in the wrong.

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2012, 16:52
    Candyheart33 said:
    SaoCartel said:
    Candyheart33 said:Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean you can forget your manners.

Just because loads of people are assholes on the internet doesn't make it right, and doesn't excuse you from being rude. You're still in the wrong.

You're right. But how is not answering people that bug you for a friend request rude exactly? That never happened to me thankfully, but it's entirely my choice of who'll I'll accept and who I won't, and I don't owe an explanation to anyone.

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• Well, not answering someone when they talk to you is kinda rude ;) Just on principle.

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2012, 16:56
    Depends entirely on what they are saying. If they are being polite and actually smart and intriguing, I will most definitely answer. But if they're like "omg why didn't you liek accept mah friend request? u n00b!11!" I'll probably simply ignore them.

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• Lol, fair enough. The fact that it's via the internet and not in person though doesn't change what you can and can't do. That was my main point.

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2012, 17:00
    And I never disagreed with it. I don't go out of my way to be rude with people on the internet, unless they deserve it.

• Oh I know you didn't :)

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2012, 17:03
    OK then. *hugs*

:)

• *hug* :D

• Candyheart33 said:

Uhhh, there is no right or wrong here. People interact with others how they see fit and in a way they are comfortable with, whether that means ignoring someone or being talkative with them.

Do you bug someone over and over when they clearly don't want to talk to you? How is that not rude in the first place?

• As I remember all the requests I've ignored in the past, I think I accepted about 1/6 of the requests that were thrown my way. Some say it's not going to hurt you to have one extra account in your friends-list, but it actually does hurt when you see recently loved tracks of youdon'tknowwho's instead of friend's or you see youdon'tknowwho listening to something at the moment and it covers the info about your friend listening to something at the moment. It hurts. Terribly.

• Yeah! If the person has at least a medium compatibility with me!!

I can throw sticks, I can throw stones.
    we can hurt each other and break bones.
    • Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2012, 17:20
    I have three pending requests, all female, all very low compatibility.

Decisions, decisions.

• zdmetal sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2012, 18:59
    I accept all, doesn't really matter to me. No reason not to accept really.

• I'll accept and say hi cuz people on here are usually nice, also one person I never knew before happened to go to the university in my home town and I ended up invited to her birthday xD

• Hai_Ai sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 04:06
    Eh, why not. If the compatibility is high, then it's a definite, but I always accept regardless.

"Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time."

~ Camus
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2012, 05:52
    On Facebook, no way, but on here, sure. But I'll only leave the person a shout if we have similar music taste or something else about them I like.

I won't accept if the person seems really creepy or immature. Kids under the age of 15 will probably be declined unless we have very high or super compatibility, or they can hold down a good conversation about some other topic.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.