Forum » General Discussion

Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 17 apr 2012, 19:20
    All I can guess about the people complaining about what they see on Facebook is that they don't have enough backbone to tell people what they really think. ;) If you don't want to talk to someone or what they posts annoys you, a bit like with most social network sites these days, you block them in part or entirely; it really isn't rocket science!

As for the complaints about narcissism and similar, you don't have to go far in any aspect of life to find people like that; again, ignore them. I don't understand why *you* are creating the same drama you decry by constantly whining about it. (NB - this isn't directed at anyone in particular, just those sorts of posts in general.)

For me, Facebook is an invaluable tool to keep in contact with various circles of friends, family and colleagues (both former and present) that I am not able to see on a daily basis. It allows us to share information, photos and important aspects of our lives, as well as organise social events, which when many of your friends are married and have children, as well as not living in the same part of the country any more, is rather important. It forms part of my calendar and diary (I'm terrible at remembering important dates) and I'm glad it exists.

I am of course incredibly ruthless about who and what I give access to. I won't add someone just because I went to school with them or they used to work with me, there needs to actually be a friendship. If we aren't going to engage via the medium (and I don't mean the bloody games) and I'm not going to buy you a pint a couple of times a year, what's the point? And I have no problems removing you from my news feed if you spam lots of tosh (like certain family members do!) or ultimately unfriending you if you're a dick. Treat it like that and it shouldn't get annoying folks!

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • ^ I want to 'Like' your post, Lee ;)

Crazy? I was crazy once, I had my own padded room.
    Then the worms came….Worms? I hate worms, they drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once…

-Sometimes you make me so mad that I want to throw you in the middle of on-going cars. But then I realize, I would probably kill myself just to save you...-
  • I only use it for work purposes. I always found MySpace to be more interactive back when I used it.

• holly75 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2012, 12:15
    I have a Facebook. I've deactivated my account numerous times, but I've decided to keep it up, so if someone wants to contact me, there it is. I don't do the status update thing anymore and I don't read other statuses anymore - mostly because of the drama that ensues on that site and I found myself logging off pissed off most of the time.

I realize there is the option to block people, remove them from your feed, etc, but that site just seems to breed drama, so I stay away from it altogether now. I have just completely and utterly lost interest in it altogether, I don't care for other people knowing all my business all the time, and I prefer keeping contact with people on the phone or in person.

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 apr 2012, 17:45
    Facebook always started fights at my school between other students. I don't care for Facebook anymore considering people are so stupid bragging about how their smoking weed, having sex, and how 'pretty' they are.

• I don't hate, but I rarely use it. If I want to chat with my friends I just call them.

• I use my facebook as a way to log in to sites that allow it. I also have my Youtube account linked to it so when I favourite a video it gets posted to facebook. Other than that I don't use it.

• Användare
    • 23 apr 2012, 08:29

• I only stay on facebook for the sake of 2 facebook pages that I have and because it's easier to communicate with people i don't speak to on a regular basis (if the needs arise)

Other than that, I don't post statuses, I don't change profile pictures, I don't write on people's "wall", I don't comment on anything.

• Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 05:26
    I don't use it often, but it's great for keeping in contact with my friends from high school and other people that I don't talk to often. Also, I need it for uni - most group assignments I have are organised through Facebook.

I've never really had a problem with Facebook because I only add people that I actually like, and I delete anyone who posts ridiculous status updates.

• I hate facebook because it causes so much problems, especially in relationships. For some reasons couples get mad at each other if someone just likes a lot of her photo's, links etc..

It's a bloody website, as long as nothing bad happens in real life there is no problem. But a lot of people think that Facebook is the real life and that everything that happens on there is what counts.

Disgusts me.

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
    • AlanVext sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 15:32
    Not a fan at all, to be honest. I have a skeletal profile, i.e. one with the bare minimum of details pertaining to me. I would prefer to delete altogether, however some people insist on using it as a primary means of communication!?

• AlanVext sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 15:33
    Oh and timeline is just a big, giant mess on my computer screen. Rubbish.

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 16:02
    Timeline is indeed ugly as hell. I'm still using the older layout, but I'm afraid the change is inevitable.

What breaks my pride, will break your skull. I bring the end, just like an Archangel.

• I used to have a Facebook account but I hated it.
    It shows you how boring and attention-seeking people can be. I swear no one ever posted anything interested. Everything I ever read there was "ZOMG I MISS HIM/HER SO MUCH ):", "I MISS U BABEH"... "ZOMG I'M SO SAD" for people to ask and later reply "ZOMG I WONT TELL YOU IN PUBLIC SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE". Then when there was a soccer match or whatever people ONLY posted boring stuff about that.

It was annoying.

• Social media they call it right? Hel's freezing touch its more anti social then social. Go out grab a jug of mead and enjoy the evening with complete strangers now thats social.

• Gave it up years ago. LastFM is as social as I get online...cause ya know...LastFM is where all the cool people hang anyways...am I wrong?!!

• oliskye sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 17:25
    It doesn't appeal me much but I do understand why some people using it

kolotipikukalatiminu baa baaaaa walatiminungkadabungbangbung

• Bah

• I have 2,148 friends on facebook and I know all of them personally and I poke them and we share photographs of our drunken nights out (every night, ha ha ha) and we have long conversations and I make events and meet a bunch of hot guys and sometimes I make booty calls from facebook and it's super useful and I don't know what I could do without it because not being connected to everyone in the universe all at once would be armageddon and plus how could anyone know I was having a bad day if I didn't tell them like OMGGGGG.

sometimes i look at my feet but then i look away at once because feet are repulsive
  • I like facebook in small doses. I usually get on for 15 minutes a day to write on someone's wall or something. I stay on a little longer if I'm talking to someone, but that's it. What I hate about it is that so many people can't live without it and basically post their lives on there. I remember a couple of years ago one of my friends decided to end our friendship on facebook through a rather lame wallpost (I wasn't cool enough because I wasn't a druggie and didn't sleep with the cool guys, I was annoying because I wouldn't listen to her talk about herself every day, etc) because she didn't have to balls to tell me in person. That's sad.

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 13 maj 2012, 10:54
    Frozencheck said:
    I hate facebook because it causes so much problems, especially in relationships. For some reasons couples get mad at each other if someone just likes a lot of her photo's, links etc..

It's a bloody website, as long as nothing bad happens in real life there is no problem. But a lot of people think that Facebook is the real life and that everything that happens on there is what counts.

Disgusts me.
    NightVermillion said:
    I used to have a Facebook account but I hated it.
    It shows you how boring and attention-seeking people can be. I swear no one ever posted anything interested. Everything I ever read there was "ZOMG I MISS HIM/HER SO MUCH ):", "I MISS U BABEH"... "ZOMG I'M SO SAD" for people to ask and later reply "ZOMG I WONT TELL YOU IN PUBLIC SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE". Then when there was a soccer match or whatever people ONLY posted boring stuff about that.

It was annoying.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but a huge amount of that will simply be down to the age of the people you're hanging around with.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • I suppose it's not facebook's fault that people are attention-seeking assholes. But I don't care much for the website I used it for a few years, but I've jumped off the bandwagon recently, personally I was wasting too much of my time on there and it caused problems between me and my (now ex) girlfriend, so I decided to just delete the whole thing. I didn't need it, nor did I want to be on it, frankly 99% of the people I had on my friends list I did not want to talk to anyways, so it seemed pointless for me. I'm sure it's got a use for some people, but not for me, there are other mediums that work much better for me. For instance if I want to take pictures of something I recently purchased and share it or ramble about the Olympics I can do that on my tumblr account (which no one reads, so it's really quite personal.) Or for instance I want to share what i'm listening to and discover new music, i've got LastFm.

With new websites becoming more popular, and more useful, facebook just looks completely useless to me now.

Welcome to the forums, where everyone is happy.
  • I'm sick of hearing about it everyday. I wouldn't have even thought of making an account on it if some of my best friends weren't on it. ._.

• I am surprised how many attention and meaning in life people give to facebook O.o.. I never understand that XD
    it's just a site as other site just the most popular one for making friends, meeting info etc... why so much fuss over it O.o
    I use fb, when I want to post some music on my wall or talk with friends abroad, who I can't meet.

but the most stupid thing is that fb profile can be easly hacked and deleted, as mine. and I lost all my friends and important info I arhived there T_T

so thats why I hate fb, also that bann for anything you do..many grups/many likes/many friends.. now cant do anything so its also distrubing.

Mou modorenakute, torimodosenakute, ushinata mono ga awari ni o osugite ,...
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.