Forum » General Discussion

Is your clothing adapted to your taste of music?

• Carolaah sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 15:24

Is your clothing adapted to your taste of music?

I was wondering, do you all wear clothes that fits with your taste of music?

I mean, I like punk rock, and punk ska, but I don't wear a lot of punk clothes, I don't think that's necessary to be a real punk lover..

"If you don't let go, you can't fall off !"Jerry Moffat. ||Scrobblemarried to Pookie69<3<3
    We're Alternative in our music, what about you? Join:
    Alternative Alive

"If life's not worth the effort, at least it keeps my interest"
  • yes. i wear avant garde icelandic underwear, always.

are you Seedy? |
    "It's quite interesting, you know, the number of biscuits that are named after revolutionaries..."
    ~the young ones
    |
    scrobblewedded to AnIndexofMetals
    • piqquam sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 15:39
    I wear clothes that look good, because my taste of music is so good too.

"Once a lumberjack was about to chop down a tree, when he noticed a heart carved on it, with two names inside. Putting away his axe, he sawed down the tree instead. The point of that story escapes me, although six months later the lumberjack was fined for teaching a dwarf Roman numerals." -Woody Allen
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 15:47
    not at all. otherwise i'd be wearing all black w/ corpse paint on my face.

• Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 15:58
    and id be wearing huge flares and brightly coloured shirts and be sporting a long hair do/beard.

• I have a zip-up sweatshirt that says STUPID on it. I find it a refreshing change from the typical "ANGEL", "PRINCESS", "NAUGHTY", or "JUICY", that I've been seeing lately.

So either my taste in music is a refreshing change from the norm, or it's just stupid. I'm okay with either of those.

• I don't think so -- mainly cos I dress funny no matter what I listen to. I could wear rags and listen to Secret Affair (which I sometimes do) or dress in suits and listen to G G Alin and run into equal amounts of people who both recognise the fact that I know what I'm talking about where the music is concerned and those who think I'm a poseur because I lack a desire for conformity.

• Kind of...

I like rock music and i'm sitting here wearing baggy jeans and a black t-shirt and black eyeliner, but I don't really think if you listen to a type of music you have to dress a certain way.

Finding myself making every possible mistake.

Tumblr (:
    Ultimate Guitar
  • Kind of...

I like rock music and i'm sitting here wearing baggy jeans and a black t-shirt and black eyeliner, but I don't really think if you listen to a type of music you have to dress a certain way.

Finding myself making every possible mistake.

Tumblr (:
    Ultimate Guitar
  • I do sort of, but no particular style, i mix and match what i feel comfotable in, mainly thin shirts and jeans with either converse vanz or leather shoes. i am sporting a nearly 70's hair do and pork chops. and i really want some flares like they wear in led zepp but they are proper expensive. :(

i've moved to http://www.last.fm/user/widgettunes come say hi x
  • I'm not terribly expressive with my clothes. I primarily listen to punk, but I don't dress that way. Several of my friends do though - studded leather jackets and mohawks, but it never appealed to me.

Listen to Uniform Motion
    • Carolaah sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 16:38
    So most of you people don't ...
    Purplepig1: I don't think you have to dress a certain way, but you have the option to dress that way, though, a lot of people who dresses like a punker, aren't really punk though.. I mean.. They only know one band or something, and than the band is Good Charlotte and they think they're real punkers.. And they dress like it, but I don't believe they are..

"If you don't let go, you can't fall off !"Jerry Moffat. ||Scrobblemarried to Pookie69<3<3
    Alternative Alive

• endopar sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 16:43
    hmm, i listen to stuff from jazz to deathmetal, so i think not. anyways it's stupid to judge people by what they happen to wear or do they have the correct hairstyle or whatever.

• no. i'm not sure how i would go about that, really. as far as i know, the uniform for a person with my taste in music is exactly what i wear.

chaos is the future and beyond that is freedom
    confusion is next and after that is the truth
  • I'm not that lame. I'm metal and where whatever is comfortable. I have some band shirts though ...

Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
  • not really. I dress quite conservatively... just the way I am, I guess.

I hate having to weat a collared shirt at work, though. Makes me feel claustrophobic.

< > Re-committing myself to my Scrobblernana Sarey. < >
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 16:56

Re:

Quoth Carolaah:
    They only know one band or something, and than the band is Good Charlotte and they think they're real punkers.. And they dress like it, but I don't believe they are..

Good Charlotte are def. not punk by any stretch of the imagination, so kudos to you. what punks do you know drive a Lexus and have gated properties?

• Carolaah sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 17:05

Re: Re:

Quoth 00_void:
    Quoth Carolaah:
    They only know one band or something, and than the band is Good Charlotte and they think they're real punkers.. And they dress like it, but I don't believe they are..

Good Charlotte are def. not punk by any stretch of the imagination, so kudos to you. what punks do you know drive a Lexus and have gated properties?

I know GC is definitaly no punk, that's why I took it for an example, people don't know what real punk is, so when they hear Good Charlotte, for an example, they think they're real punkers, but they're not..

Alternative Alive

• i always wear my leather sandals, mostly with socks. i've worn my strawberry alarm clock t-shirt since the day i bought it back in the eighties. also, i'm totally not afraid to show my thighs in public. my hair is dready - i wouldn't say greasy - 'n' my beard is warm.

now, all ya niggaz say yoo-ow!

music to rock the nation! the lee "scratch" perry group. aight!
  • I look like a little kid with the way I dress....nothing like the music I listen to.

• deizi sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 17:28
    no, not at all... i don't belong in any genre.. someday, i can wear a skirt (i'm a guy!) , someday hiphop pants etc...

happy stoned listener.
    Redigerad av deizi den 26 jul 2005, 17:28
    • Amynata sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 17:48
    My clothing is mostly adapted to my wallet.

I shop at the nearest, cheapest stores and couldn't really care less what style it is.

• I guess it all depends on who you ask. I mean, sure you can listen to a certain style of music, but if you don't dress the part, the people who feel you should will look at you as a "poser". This is why I attempt to keep my music open and non-conformed.

• Carolaah sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jul 2005, 18:25

Re:

Quoth Amynata:

I shop at the nearest, cheapest stores and couldn't really care less what style it is.

To your wallet.. hehe,.. yes, that plays a big part too ;)

Alternative Alive

• Re: Re:

Quoth Carolaah:
    Quoth Amynata:

To your wallet.. hehe,.. yes, that plays a big part too ;)

So true. Come to think of it i need to go clothes shopping i am running rather short. :/

i've moved to http://www.last.fm/user/widgettunes come say hi x
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.