Forum » General Discussion

Is your clothing adapted to your taste of music?

• well... hard 2 underline all the styles i listen, its ecletix))

• I would say slightly. I mainly listen to indie, you can see me wearing minimalistic and neutral shirts, skinnies, and moccasins a lot.

• Only in the sense that I make sure I always have enough pockets for my ipod as well as my phone and wallet.

Are you writing from the heart?
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 sep 2010, 18:21
    yes :)

• As far as it's possible to dress like someone who likes to many different things: Yes.

• No not really, people are often surprised by my musical tastes based on my appearance but I also listen to a lot of different types of music. I used to dress very 90s grunge-ish though and have always been a fan of the genre.

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, you must at least once in your life doubt, as far as possible, all things." -Descartes
  • I listen to majority Metal. And as far as I can fathom I dress metal. to dress metal all you have to do is not give a damn what you put on, though band representation is preferable. for me it's usually a band t-shirt underneath a jacket, black/blue jeans, black lo-tops or engineer boots.

The only sign of insanity is maturity. We continuously grow in a crazy world, and the crazy people are the only sane people left.
  • Apart from a couple of band shirts I don't think i've changed my clothes much. I where what's comfortable :)

• Användare
    • 13 sep 2010, 08:59
    Not really. I mean, I do wear band shirts of them sometimes.. but I don't think that counts.

My favorites are The Dresden Dolls and Placebo. For The Dresden Dolls I'd have to dress more burlesque or something along those lines, or just... plain weird haha. And for Placebo.. their recent style has been pretty tame but their old style has been pretty out there... well, not too out there I guess, but not really anything I'd ever wear.
    Pretty much... I'd have to stand out a little more than I usually do for it to fit. Usually I just dress in jeans, random shirt, and converse...

• Användare
    • 27 sep 2010, 13:46
    no

• Rapidius sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2010, 15:24
    Not at all... tho mostly people say I do :P

• I really don't know. It's quite varied. Today, for example, i wore orange converse, blue skinny jeans, a dark purple tshit, black waistcoat and braces. Which I have realised is one of my most comfortable outfits. Tomorrow, who knows what I'll wear.

• I dress like an absolute moron.

So yeah.

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 sep 2010, 22:19
    I heard you just don't dress.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • most of the time , yes.

• lawynd said:
    I heard that too xD

I wouldn't even know how to coordinate my style with the music I listen to. For instance, how does one dress acoustic? Or indie pop? I suppose I could dress folksy or hip-hop, hah! But I'm as scatterbrained at picking out clothing as I am at picking which song I want to listen to. Usually I like bright colours and mismatched prints and wear whatever's most comfortable/appropriate for the situation. (Or a sundress.)

Overall, I dress a bit like an disorganized five year old. And in that sense, yeah, I guess my clothing is adapted to my taste in music...

• fadingecho said:
    lawynd said:
    I heard that too xD

That's libellous and I'll see the both of you in court.

If I can find a suit to wear...

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 sep 2010, 23:07
    It's on like Donkey Kong.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • shackmd sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 sep 2010, 23:09
    Aside from band t-shirts.... Not really, otherwise I would look like some grand fashion Frankenstein's monster.

• I guess in a way I do. I usually wear skinny jeans, gray vans, and a band t-shirt.

• iLL745 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 sep 2010, 08:11
    Sometimes it is. Yet, sometimes its just some generic clothes.

• Användare
    • 29 sep 2010, 08:52
    No I wear whats comfortable and I feel looks nice on me. The only thing my music dictates is which pocket is reserved for my ipod.

• Användare
    • 29 sep 2010, 09:52
    I suppose so, I do enjoy aestheics and imagery to be found in the genres I indulge in. But then the same could be said for all the artforms and mediums i'm obsessed with. Why just last week I was wearing my newish white shirt with a picture of Glenn Brown's The Great Masturbator on it.

That being said because i'm massive working class churl from the Midlands i'll be simultaneously wearing trackie bottoms and whatever trainers I could buy for £5. Fo' shizzle...

• [spam]

[spam]

*Life is not for winners it's for sinners that are losaaarrrrrsssss*
    Yer I like to sell dreams to the fiends...
    *We see through your evil if you ain't Hebrew, women like to wear that tight shit so they can tease you, super stars ain't God cus you niccas bleed too, never ever bite the hand that extends to feed you, out the darkness Israelites come to lead you, you ain't nothing but a piece of meat I sink my teeth through*
    Redigerad av Lastfmsupport den 18 mar 2014, 13:36
  • My music taste is anything but scene-y shit and screamo bullfuck. I dress like a silly goth though, constant black attire with skulls and shit. :3

MourningFall
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.