Forum » General Discussion

Would you want Netflix to offer scrobbling?

• Would you want Netflix to offer scrobbling?

Since I've had Netflix, I've wanted this. I don't see what would be so hard about it, and I feel it would be a great idea.

When you watch a movie or TV show, it scrobbles and shows your history. Your taste in TV shows and/or movies is then compared to others and you can talk to people, similar to Last.FM.

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 21 maj 2012, 19:20
    doesnt netflix already keep track of this with 'recently watched' and also base recommendations for other shows/movies on this information? i would like it if netflix offered their services to those who run linux. hate having to reboot into windows to use it.

• holly75 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2012, 19:59
    Skiye said:
    doesnt netflix already keep track of this with 'recently watched' and also base recommendations for other shows/movies on this information?
    Yes

To answer the OP, I would not be interested in this feature. I'm only interested in tracking my music listening habits.

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
  • Skiye said:
    doesnt netflix already keep track of this with 'recently watched' and also base recommendations for other shows/movies on this information? i would like it if netflix offered their services to those who run linux. hate having to reboot into windows to use it.

There's nothing social about their website though. No forums or anything.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2012, 20:01
    Last.fm is for music so Netflix scrobbling wouldn't work unless another site is created. But in the end I do not want people knowing what I am watching. Plus who really cares what music I am listening to, or what TV show I am watching as I am not a celebrity nor a person of power.

• No one cares -- but I've found that 90% of my closest friends have similar music taste to me. Not a coincidence.

It'd just be a nice way to meet people.

• Skiye sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 25 maj 2012, 14:09
    OrdealByFire said:
    There's nothing social about their website though. No forums or anything.

true about it not being social-media oriented, but they do have forums (mainly for support) http://netflixforums.net/

• "NetflixForums.net is not affiliated with Netflix. We are a Netflix enthusiast site. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc."

And you can tell from the site it was fan-made.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.