Forum » General Discussion

Movies that really affect you?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 01:58

Movies that really affect you?

Has there ever been a movie that was so powerful and haunting that it stays with you for awhile?

I swear a movie never affected me as much as Shame. Bought it on Blu Ray saw it on April 21st and still can't shake it off.

• La Robe Du Soir.
    Gets me everytime because I can identify with the main character a lot when I was her age.

• Re: Movies that really affect you?

HankMulder said:

I swear a movie never affected me as much as Shame. Bought it on Blu Ray saw it on April 21st and still can't shake it off.

Is this a subtle way of telling us that you have a lot of sex?

If my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.

• Deep throat

• NFXFSX sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 05:40
    Teeth. I value my penis.

• The Green Mile
    The Last Samurai
    7 Samurai
    Memoirs of a Geisha
    Hannibal
    Silence of the Lambs

“Get beyond love and grief: exist for the good of Man.”
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
    • messo sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 06:47
    On top of my head these are the movies that's haunted/moved me the most. All of which are in my top ten of all time favorite movies.

Paris, Texas, The Fountain, Les Triplettes de Belleville , Naked Lunch and Leaving Las Vegas

• caelicus sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 07:01
    Inception

after i saw joseph gordon-levitt's face, i got a 102 fever and couldn't sleep for a really long time.

• Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 12:15
    GrimReaperBG said:
    Hannibal

Really? That was the worst one.

• I saw the Avengers last night...it really affected my funny bone!! It was fantastic! Funnier than most comedies these days.

• Repulser sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2012, 20:12
    Into the Wild is the only film that's ever moved me.. I couldn't get it out of my head for days. Real inspiring stuff.

• Just saw Melancholia, that's some good. Watched Masked and Anonymous again. Joy of Living with Doug Fairbanks. Any Wallace Beery film makes me teary. Grapes of Wrath, Big Lebowski, Pink Flamingos all shaped my being.

Bringing Up Baby might be my most favorite film ever. And Godard's Band of Outsiders. There's this Russian flick called House of Fools that has Bryan Adams that stuck with me.

How could you do this to a man so close to being cured?
    • oliskye sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2012, 14:41
    Two for the Road.
    The Lady.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    I looooooooove this movie

kolotipikukalatiminu baa baaaaa walatiminungkadabungbangbung

• Användare
    • 13 maj 2012, 15:46
    Dead Man's Shoes was one film that affected me quite profoundly. Its the uneasiness of watching a character like Richard - you sympathize with him wholeheartedly because his 'victims' are so vile, yet he still manages to be a terrifying protaganist. Theres something genuinely frightening about the idea of a rather non-descript (unasuming looking, even) killer.

Although the bullying thugs he picks off have nothing to engender the viewer to them you can't help noticing the position they suddenly find themselves in, how irreversibly doomed they are, partly because of Richards exceptional abilities but mostly because of their own ineptness. Infact the way in which the film spends most of its running time seeing things from the low-life and utterly banal perspective of what would in most films be the antagonists.

Actually made me cry several times.

• -Zwartboek, because Nazis and it was awesome.
    -Girl With a Dragon Tattoo (circa 2011), because I've read the books four times and also I want to marry Rooney Mara.
    -Midnight in Paris, because of Owen Wilson's nose and Marion Cotillard will be my third wife after Katy Perry and Rooney Mara.

sometimes i look at my feet but then i look away at once because feet are repulsive
  • Bladerunner (1982), because that movie will soon become more truth than fiction.

• ^ I so agree. Any movie from before 1985 that reflects how society will be in a few years.

For me, I'll go with Disco Pigs. I doubt anyone on here even knows what it is. I absolutely adore Cillian Murphy, and for some reason this movie really stuck with me for a while after.

• The Green Mile
    The Hurt Locker

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • Frozencheck said:
    The Green Mile
    The Hurt Locker

I never saw The Hurt Locker, but The Green Mile was so good! I was crying when they electrocuted that poor guy and he basically caught on fire.. That movie definitely affected me.
    But what do you expect from a movie based on a book by Stephen King? He's amazing.

• messo said:
    On top of my head these are the movies that's haunted/moved me the most. All of which are in my top ten of all time favorite movies.

Paris, Texas, The Fountain, Les Triplettes de Belleville , Naked Lunch and Leaving Las Vegas

Oh. My. God. I LOVE The Triplettes of Belleville (I English-ized it, sorry).

• lololaurens said:
    Frozencheck said:
    The Green Mile
    The Hurt Locker

I never saw The Hurt Locker, but The Green Mile was so good! I was crying when they electrocuted that poor guy and he basically caught on fire.. That movie definitely affected me.
    But what do you expect from a movie based on a book by Stephen King? He's amazing.

Hehe true.

The Hurt Locker affects me because there are people out there everyday risking the life for the safety of others, serving their country. They deserve so much respect.

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • Frozencheck said:
    lololaurens said:
    Frozencheck said:
    The Green Mile
    The Hurt Locker

Hehe true.

The Hurt Locker affects me because there are people out there everyday risking the life for the safety of others, serving their country. They deserve so much respect.

Oh I so agree. I have so much respect for soldiers. Whenever I hear anyone disrespecting them in any way I want to just walk up to them and punch them in the face. I've never done that but I have slapped someone so I guess that's close.

I've heard good things about that movie so maybe I'll watch it soon.

• Downfall

the first time, powerful, the internet has kind of ruined with the hitler getting mad clips

• Ye it got shitloads of awards, if you like army-themed movies, you should check it out. It's about a squad that disarms bombs if you didn't kno yet ! :)

- Victor Hugo
  • Frozencheck said:
    Ye it got shitloads of awards, if you like army-themed movies, you should check it out. It's about a squad that disarms bombs if you didn't kno yet ! :)

I do like army movies, they are usually super entertaining.
    I'll probably be waiting until next weekend since my next few days will be really busy but I will definitely watch it!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.